How many points will it take?

MacBoyd

celtic whether we like it or not clearly are a very consistent side against the dross. I think its fair to say if the season was finished they would have got to the mid 90s in points. Do we have the players to do it over the whole season and get that level of points this time? I'd suspect not sadly, we need 3 or 4 starting players imo. 

Other point would be could celtic drop more points this season and will no crowds negatively effect the old firm? Maybe we won't need as many to win?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think I speak for many, 1 more goal and beat them on goal difference will do for me..... mind you would love to have a 15 point plus difference as well :cheers:, i feel the no spectators is going to result in some indifferent results, hopefully it will be a positive for us from Saturday.

Just now, blueballss said:

Think I speak for many, 1 more goal and beat them on goal difference will do for me..... mind you would love to have a 15 point plus difference as well :cheers:, i feel the no spectators is going to result in some indifferent results, hopefully it will be a positive for us from Saturday.

Of course. Was more wondering if people thought celtic would be poorer or whether we need 90 odd points to have a chance.

I personally feel the old firm will drop alot more points without the fans to drive them on.

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

Of course. Was more wondering if people thought celtic would be poorer or whether we need 90 odd points to have a chance.

I personally feel the old firm will drop alot more points without the fans to drive them on.

Both tbh.

If we can hit 90+ points we should be in a good position but it might still need a snooker or two.

Couldn’t get my head around how ruthless they were against spl teams as they’re not a great side. Big difference is probably that they have goals from all over the park where as we seem to rely on one player. I can’t see them being as ruthless this season but we still need a few more big players in before I’d say we’re ready 

We need to be ahead with a good lead at the split as the fixture list has been skewed in the first 3 rounds of fixtures to send us away twice to all of last seasons top six whereas they are at home twice to last seasons top six.

This means if the split is the same teams as last year then we will have to go away for a third time to two of those teams and they will get a third home game against two of them.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We need to put pressure on them and see how the team and Wotsit teeth reacts.

Get to the top of league for 6-8 weeks and they’ll implode.

Unfortunately i can’t see us winning on Saturday so we’ll be behind already,

Not confident at all either but hopefully they surprise us.

Just now, Brackley said:

We need to be ahead with a good lead at the split as the fixture list has been skewed in the first 3 rounds of fixtures to send us away twice to all of last seasons top six whereas they are at home twice to last seasons top six.

This means if the split is the same teams as last year then we will have to go away for a third time to two of those teams and they will get a third home game against two of them.

just sums up the split 

As others have said, if we get 90+ points we should be in the running. For me we need 4 players to hit double figures in goals - so Morelos (or his replacement), Defoe, Kent and Aribo. And others like Jack, Arfield etc to chip in with a few...we need to (and should) be blowing teams away...

Just now, The Monk said:

When the taigs build a lead at the top they stay there. We have to hit the ground running and hope they slip up early on. Only way we are going to win this is to build an early lead ourselves and if we can hold it long enough the pressure from their fans will make them turn on each other, we know too well they don’t bottle it when they’re ahead but there’s never been daylight between us with them behind us as of yet and that has to change.

A season like Liverpool would be very welcome

15 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Not confident at all either but hopefully they surprise us.

Where does this no confidence come from? We have beat Lyon, nice, Motherwell Coventry without conceding a goal and Morelos has underperformed in every one of those games?

Morelos or not I see us winning by 2 or 3

Obvious now that they have all their puppets in place in every department and office in SPFL and SFA so things will only get tougher.

Everything including the kitchen sink will be thrown in our path and every opportunity to damage us will be gratefully received.

The only solution is to win, win well and keep winning. 4-0 up with five minutes to play should mean we’re good for at least one point. But we need to constantly get ahead early and get ahead big because any 50/50 decision is only going one way. Level after an hour and we are toast.

Fully expect Kent to be demonised and take over Alfredo’s position as the hate figure in Scottish football.

12 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Interesting to see what concoction the league comes up with if they start dropping points at parkheed BCD , The league will stop ? I’d put absolutely nothing past this country 

league won't stop. Their doors will open to their unwashed hordes.

What's changed from this? 

"Whenever anybody puts a bit of pressure on us in Scotland or gets in our face it seems to affect us too much.

"At the start of the season teams dropped off us and we were scoring four or five goals, but now they smell blood straight away and put us under pressure.

"We are not good enough domestically to react to that."

We have been saying the same thing for a good number of years....when we get close or there is competition to them or when we are ahead their bottle will crash. Our empty trophy cabinet says differently so unless the likes of Tav, Aribo, Kent etc have changed and Gerrard actually has a plan B which is not simply buy better players we will brush aside teams one week and struggle and drop points the next on a regular basis especially once it gets into the tail end of the season.

Archived