Best we've played for yonks

hammer93

Was a tad nervous the first 10-15 minutes when we struggled to get past Utd’s press but after Kent’s goal it was one way traffic. Totally dominant, again. Can’t remember a start to the season where we’ve barely conceded a clear cut chance never mind struggled through a game. 

4 hours ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

Great to see Davis and Arfield play well today and some of the link-up was top notch...only negative performance-wise was Hagi again for me. Think his lack of mobility will be a problem against the better teams in the league. Two assists though so what the fuck do I know.

Hagi had a number of quality moments today.

10 hours ago, Inigo said:

Agree. Very impressed. Davis, Kent and Tav the standouts, Arfield excellent from the bench. Bit disappointed with Hagi still, otherwise great all round.

Really?

Ist assist on Kent's goal, 2nd assist on Tav's goal and Ist assist on Arfield's goal.

All composed and mature passes. How much do you want off of a young player?

Great performance  and even better when you think.

No  Mcgregor,  No Aribo, No Katic, 

Losing Balogun,  Jack,  Morelos

No Barker (no laughing at the back) 

Great to see Roofe getting a full 90min  under his belt, getting a goal. He will only get better.  

I'll be controversial and give Utd some credit for coming to Ibrox and trying to play. 

That made it easy for our players today, room to move, touches of class, runs off the ball giving the creative players options.

We literally had no player hiding yesterday. If we can play like that against the hammer throwers at the open sewer then we'll rip them to shreds and 55 will be even more likely.

6 hours ago, 72barca said:

Really?

Ist assist on Kent's goal, 2nd assist on Tav's goal and Ist assist on Arfield's goal.

All composed and mature passes. How much do you want off of a young player?

First assist was good, second for Arfield, not Tav, was a decent, but run of the mill 10 yard pass. Otherwise his touch, shooting and passing throughout were meh. I expect these to be better, as they are with Kent just now.

I thought some of our play was excellent and we dominated most of the game. But tbh I didn't watch it yesterday and think we finally clicked, there was still a bit of slackness and sloppiness at times in our play. 

If that was sorted yesterday, its an 8/9/10 goal drubbing. I think it'll all click soon and someone will get absolutely hammered. We're getting there.

I'm not Steve Davis biggest fan but he played very well yesterday. Deserved his MOTM.

We started the second half extremely well (especially Morelos) but what I like the most was how we continued to play well after making the subs. Usually, we take the foot off the pedal and run the clock down. Yesterday we didn't.

18 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Was a tad nervous the first 10-15 minutes when we struggled to get past Utd’s press but after Kent’s goal it was one way traffic. Totally dominant, again. Can’t remember a start to the season where we’ve barely conceded a clear cut chance never mind struggled through a game. 

Think it took Goldson, Hellander, Davis and Jack by complete surprise

23 hours ago, hooooootchy said:

"dissapointed that we only scored 4" 

That's it for me, at full time I thought, fs we should of scored more. Had to give myself a shake. Was 4-0 n played really well. 5 year ago me would of gave me a slap for feeling like that after the game 

Definitely should have had more and if we'd been blessed (sorry) with a decent ref 🤣 then we'd have been facing 10 men and maybe had a little more space to work in.

Still I'm not unhappy with 4-0, just hope we can keep it up and especially keep up the clean sheets.

Played brilliantly yesterday. Some of the runs into space were magic. Kent's shimmy for his goal was sheer class. Turned the united dummy inside out then fired it home. We ran them ragged for most of the match. More of the same next week will do just fine.

Archived