Older Bears

Essandoh

For me, in my younger days, Bobby Russell and Ally Dawson gave it all, Ian Redford would pop up with many a goal, apart from a penalty miss!! when able to display my own prowess on the pitch, i got to understand the psychology behind Gregor Stevens tenure with us:tu:

Always appreciated Davie Robertson's contributions, always felt wasn't truly appreciated

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, slimjim1690 said:

Was just about to ask that LOL!!,  most of the really older bears must be tucked up in their beds, present company excluded.:thumbsup:

im as old as the woman i feel, she is 9 years younger than me.......... and to all you perverts, no pics :thumbup::mutley:

John Brown was overshadowed by many big names around him but he gave everything for the jersey.

McDonald, Russell, Mathieson, Munro, Rod Wallace all suggested and spot on.

From the big money era, the least celebrated was Claudio Reyna, a really intelligent footballer. Wished he’d been with us longer.

And then there was Papac.....

Huistra is a good shout. Bit inconsistent. Traditional winger that way, but did a lot of important things for us. Even gets overshadowed by Miko, which he really shouldn't. His goal v Brugges is one of the best TV watching moments I've had.

1 hour ago, 2nd Flute said:

Think I was an auld bastard at 24 tbh mate  :lol:

through the middle/late 80s, raving, partying, many naughty engagements with other firms, we were:lol: life didn't revolve around phones or a laptop im currently using, it was real, fuck its a shame we get auld #stillfeellikeimtwenty

On that note, Macpherson filled in well af fullback too. A good, good CB that never got the recognition he deserved. Looking goofy probably didn't help him, but make no mistake, he was a good player.

1 minute ago, Ibroxholm said:

Andy Penman from the late 60’s  and Bobby McKean from the70’s.  Two very good footballers who never seemed to get the recognition they deserved when playing for us imo.

Another you’ve reminded me of was Johnny Hamilton. Tidy, unfussy and played when we were really up against it.

19 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Rod Wallace, contributed with some important goals and key member of team in what was a very successful period under Dick.

Yes for sure what a shrewd signing.He done the job to great effect and seemed a nice guy too. Also 27 goals in that treble winning season....that was a canny side!!!

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

On that note, Macpherson filled in well af fullback too. A good, good CB that never got the recognition he deserved. Looking goofy probably didn't help him, but make no mistake, he was a good player.

I won a good few quid from big McPherson as first goalscorer bets over the years. Big man used to be very good odds and whilst my memory might be damaged through alcohol I'm sure he got plenty of first goals for us. 

4 minutes ago, blueballss said:

through the middle/late 80s, raving, partying, many naughty engagements with other firms, we were:lol: life didn't revolve around phones or a laptop im currently using, it was real, fuck its a shame we get auld #stillfeellikeimtwenty

Aw man, parties, Flute band ,Rangers, great days you never forget, and as you say, no phones, no Internet, phone was a big red box stinking a pish :lol:

Archived