Gerrard Poll

BridgeIsBlue

Gerrard Poll  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Happy with things up until now?

2. 2. Has he done enough since the summer of 2018?

3. 3. When should he be sacked?

• Failure to qualify for EL
    • Fail to win the League Cup
    • League Championship
    • Scottish Cup
    • Sometime next season
  4. 4. Does 10 in a row matter to you?

5. 5. What age are you?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/20 at 17:00

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Wouldn't say its been better than Advocaat's imo, the rest absolutely. 

I have never seen someone like Advocaat have such a influence in a game before,

He would and could change it no problem formation etc without hesitation,

I know he had better players etc but he could change a game in a heartbeat 

1 hour ago, MorelosRangers said:

Gerrard has a better style of play in Europe than any other previous Manager we've had from my era. Smith x 2, Eck, Advocaat. 

Advocaat? That's some statement. I remember the Dortmund game, the Monaco game, the Munich game, Parma, world class sides, God we had so many top top class performances under him, and some big results too. Has Gerrard played a proper biggie yet? 

I like SG. This season is pretty much make or break though id imagine. Playing some great stuff at times. The Arfield goal against hibs was sheer class. The team looks much more settled. We were nevere going to win every game. Can only hope we win as many as we can and somewhere the tims drop a point or three soon. Weve every chance of beating the tims if we show up playing our best. Still all tae play for and will get behind the team as we all are doing anyhow. See what happens.

5 minutes ago, SpiritofBillStruth said:

Advocaat? That's some statement. I remember the Dortmund game, the Monaco game, the Munich game, Parma, world class sides, God we had so many top top class performances under him, and some big results too. Has Gerrard played a proper biggie yet? 

Can’t really compare Advocaats team with this team ,Dick got a lot of money to spend at a time where top quality was within our price range ,When you look at the cost of young Dutch players these days at the level Van Bronckhurst was tells a story in how things have changed .

As for Gerrard playing a biggie ,Biggest game has to be Leverkusen ,I know we lost and the first leg was pretty pish ,probably a lot to do with the imminent lockdown ,Apart from that we haven’t looked out of place against anybody .

You only need to think back to Walter Smiths first time when we were spending good money and some of the European displays were awful ,AEK and Gothenburg 2 examples of being outplayed by weaker teams .

Football has changed massively since then too though .Our organisation and game plan in Europe is on a whole different level to what it was 25years ago which has given us some decent scalps in the last 2 years .

11 minutes ago, SpiritofBillStruth said:

Started off well then ended with "has Gerrard played a proper Biggie yet". Porto, Villarreal, Feynoord to a lesser extent.

Advocaat had some cracking performances. Advocaat also had a larger budget and some top quality players. I think our achievements under Gerrard in Europe have been greater.

4 minutes ago, Doddger said:

I like SG. This season is pretty much make or break though id imagine. Playing some great stuff at times. The Arfield goal against hibs was sheer class. The team looks much more settled. We were nevere going to win every game. Can only hope we win as many as we can and somewhere the tims drop a point or three soon. Weve every chance of beating the tims if we show up playing our best. Still all tae play for and will get behind the team as we all are doing anyhow. See what happens.

Also, the Arfield goal against Dundee U. We broke away so fast. Three passes then goal at the blink of an eye. Our footballing skills are better than last year.

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Started off well then ended with "has Gerrard played a proper Biggie yet". Porto, Villarreal, Feynoord to a lesser extent.

Advocaat had some cracking performances. Advocaat also had a larger budget and some top quality players. I think our achievements under Gerrard in Europe have been greater.

That's' your 3 biggies? Pmsl. Fs. 

26 minutes ago, SpiritofBillStruth said:

That's' your 3 biggies? Pmsl. Fs. 

Actually fuck off man, such a shite argument. Players we could attract back then and the budget we had are fucking night and day. Got to be 3 or 4 threads you’re on now just bashing Gerrard just confirming most people’s opinion of you - pathetic (probably a taig as well no doubt) 

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2020 at 10:37, Dennis Reynolds said:

Since when was a league decided in ONE GAME? Rangers picked up 93 points that season for fuck sake. :confused:

Where were you that day, in yer das baws? FOI, do I have to reiterate, McDonald scored twice for Motherwell that day which meant we won the league - end of.

8 hours ago, foghorn leghorn said:

Where were you that day, in yer das baws? FOI, do I have to reiterate, McDonald scored twice for Motherwell that day which meant we won the league - end of.

I doubt you were at Easter Road lad :stevieg:

Rangers lose one of about 20 odd games that year including winning that day McDonalds goals mean nothing.

On 22/09/2020 at 11:34, eejay the dj said:

The 30% saying that 10 doesn’t matter are just kidding themselves on 😄

Just be honest with yourselves .If our board and manager allow it to happen .I will never forgive them ,even more for these scandalous 4 years in control of our club 

4 seasons with us in the lower leagues and won last year's because of the SPFL's spam filters. It really doesn't matter to me.

55 is far more important to me than whatever they're doing. 

Archived