Football Manager 2021

ForeverAndEver

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TheJacketRFC said:

Newcastle would be a great save.

would love to try my hand at Pompy or Sunderland also.

Only lasted 2 seasons. Ashley got bought out by a bigger charlatan who put the club in major debt and sold off all my assets for bugger all despite coming 1 point behind Liverpool for the title. 

Have come back home after the new update. Some of our stats have taking a fucking nosedive, in particular Morelos.

On 03/03/2021 at 22:39, esquire8 said:

Morelos is fucking rotten in the new update along with many other attacking players. Avoid us like fuck or play with the original database. 

I was tempted to start a new game as I thought they mentioned updating players stats to coincide with how the current leagues are going. I assumed most of ours would get a boost.

Carried on with Motherwell last night but the usual FM issues have started to rise in the Scottish game on mine. Rudden is at Livingston, scored about 10 goals a season for 3 years and is valued at £7m :lol: I fully expect Scottish clubs to charge more for their players as time goes on but no chance the average Scottish player playing for clubs outside the Old Firm are going for more than £3m.

Usually in my games, Motherwell get relegated and you have to part with the best part of £8m to get Allan Campbell out of the Championship.

On 05/03/2021 at 16:44, Johnsey said:

I was tempted to start a new game as I thought they mentioned updating players stats to coincide with how the current leagues are going. I assumed most of ours would get a boost.

Carried on with Motherwell last night but the usual FM issues have started to rise in the Scottish game on mine. Rudden is at Livingston, scored about 10 goals a season for 3 years and is valued at £7m :lol: I fully expect Scottish clubs to charge more for their players as time goes on but no chance the average Scottish player playing for clubs outside the Old Firm are going for more than £3m.

Usually in my games, Motherwell get relegated and you have to part with the best part of £8m to get Allan Campbell out of the Championship.

Im still playing FM20 on the laptop, beat the taigs first season done the treble invincible season, just started the 2nd season and there paying Batshuayi 69k a week 😂 spent an absolute fortune on other players and wages as well while I scrape about finding bargains and loans. 

8 hours ago, tm91 said:

So I've got a fancy new gaming laptop so figured I'd get the new FM. It's a gamechanger insomuch as it's now runs fucking rapid, but is it me or is the game ridiculously easy? I've played three games of the season so far and won 4-1 at Pittodrie and then 7-0 and 5-0 at home. It used to take seasons in previous FM with world-class regens to get to this level of ease before.

I thought that for a while. I created a couple of formations and was just battering everyone with Rangers.

My current career I did the same with Clydebank right up until I left in League Two. My Arbroath side were 2nd in the Championship when I left and in my first full season with Motherwell I finished 3rd but was in the title race until the final few games.

However, this season, we have been so inconsistent. I'll batter a team in the Europa League then lose to Falkirk. Nearly threw the laptop out the window last night after taking an early 2-0 lead against Queen's Park, only for Glenn Middleton to inspire a comeback that culminated in them scoring a 94th minute winner for 3-2.

So I've been getting custom kits made for my team every year, and I took control of Rangers in the summer. Absolutely hate sponsors so chose to have a shirt without them, and came up with the following.

HOME

rangers_1.png.a64b3d6bc6c62cb3f585589b0fd4801a.png

AWAY (tribute to 94/95 third strip)

rangers_2.png.b8a2bd9aa5bbb601c99d5c48d6d0656b.png

THIRD

rangers_3.png.8cff82336e60506aa55c1c9e8a59d0fc.png

Just finished up 3rd season at Motherwell and despite a 3rd place finish the previous season we had a campaign of inconsistencies. Clawed myself back into top 6 and on the final day I needed a draw or better against Dundee Utd to seal Europe. We lost 3-1. Suffered all year from wasting chances and then immediately being caught on the counter.

Rangers won the league for a 2nd time under Gerrard and he has subsequently taken the England job. Rangers came calling for me :lol:

Just got in the door and the amount of foreign guys they've signed for outrageous sums is stupid!

I've got Rangers firing now after my move from Motherwell. We were edging out games at the start but finally started to smash teams.

Had a Scottish newgen that was signed on a free before I joined and he was an outrageous centre back. Annoyingly, the previous manager/board gave him a £26m release clause so he's already fucked off to Leeds.

Champs League group was Man U (with Haaland), Barca and Anderlecht. Battered Man U and recovered from 2-0 down to 2-2 before hitting the post 3 times and losing in the last minute. Barca beat us 2-0 at the Nou Camp. We threw any chance away with a 1-1 draw in Belgium though, as we went on to batter Barca 5-1 at Ibrox. So it will be the Europa League after Christmas.

On a side note - I installed CM03/04 for some nostalgia the other day. Our team feels largely the same as our 01/02 team but everyone is now past their prime and unlike CM01/02 we have no money to replace them with :lol: Relying on the youth team who have Hutton, Smith, Burke, McCormack, Adam and Hughes. Never even realised that group came through at a similar time.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Johnsey said:

Definitely one of the weirdest things happening in my game right now.

I've taken Rangers to the Europa League Final.

The game is at celtic Park. 

The final is against celtic.

We beat Burnley in the Semi-Finals.

Burnley are also the holders.

Burnley are also managed by Neil Lennon.

:lol:

1563621830_oldfirmeuropa.thumb.png.84097083efcf9a46a21f058af1cc534f.png

Won the final 4-2.

2 screamers had us 2-0 up in the first 10 minutes and it was just complete control. Was 4-0 heading into the final 10 but they managed to get 2 quick goals which was then followed by about 8 separate highlights in the final 5 minutes (never happens the other way around) before we eventually got over the line.

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to play a bit of the new season over the weekend. Taking my Europa League winners Rangers into the Champions League - Our group was Real Madrid, AC Milan and Legia. 

We qualified in 2nd but Legia took the biggest humpings I have ever seen at this level in the game. A quick run-down of their results in the group.

Real Madrid 10 - 0 Legia

Rangers 8 - 0 Legia

Legia 0 - 4 AC Milan

AC Milan 10 - 0 Legia

Legia 0 - 8 Real Madrid

Legia 0 - 7 Rangers

Scored 0, Conceded 47 in 6 games.

• 1 month later...
On 25/05/2021 at 12:50, tm91 said:

I've done three undefeated seasons in a row with Rangers on this, only lost one game domestically and that was in the Scottish Cup in the first season. :lol: I'd say it was too easy but then given this season maybe it's spot on.

Got to a CL semi-final as well but lost motivation because I'm dominating domestically but need a big push to go further in Europe. Saying that I've already got to the point where you just go 'fuck it' and start making ridiculous signings. Villa got relegated so I bought Grealish for £25m. :lol: 

If you're looking for players to sign, get Ahmedhodzic from Malmo, Almada from Velez and Esposito from Inter. All fantastic for me.

Aye, I'm about to go a second season undefeated too. It really does seem too easy as Rangers, really want to try a journeyman game for once but never have the balls to jump from an in form team to a team in a relegation battle.

I'm in season 4 I think with Rangers (Clydebank, Arbroath and Motherwell before the Gers) and the only time we seem to drop points is if I bring all the kids in to give players a rest.

celtic are having a nightmare, appointed some Spanish coach who led them to Europa League final (against us at celtic Park!) and after losing that they barely made it to 2nd. Alex Neil replaced him and after starting well, they fell away again. Following season he fucked off to England and now they are searching again.

What's the weird things people are coming across in their game? In mine, Barry Ferguson is manager of Girona in Spain :lol: Got them promoted From Segunda B to the Segunda division and signed Kai Kennedy.