Welcome to Rangers, Bongani Zungu

Broxi

On 06/10/2020 at 19:06, Blueshoff said:

Watched one of his YouTube videos. 

Decidedly average at best. 

I wouldnt pay too much mind to the youtube videos . The one I saw of Pena made him look a world class superstar . 

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Our option to buy him next summer is apparently for £2.7m, so a cut price deal on what the original deal would have been. Likely due to the fact Amiens had less negotiating power if the player wanted to leave, it was the last day of the window and he was out of contract next summer and could have waited it out to leave for free. So signed a new contract so they could still get a fee but a lower one than before 

If it doesn’t work out for Zungu here, and we send him back, they’ll be lucky to get anything for him next summer.

9 minutes ago, TMB said:

If it doesn’t work out for Zungu here, and we send him back, they’ll be lucky to get anything for him next summer.

Yeah but if they didn't do this deal with us they'd have been getting nothing for him next summer anyway because he'd have been out of contract. He's had other suitors in the past I think they'd be able to get something for him, he seems pretty well thought of it just seems to be the injuries that are the main thing

22 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Is he fit and available against the fenians?

I've not followed this at all tbh.

Eskbank said he played the last two games for amiens (sp?) IIRC.

So quite possibly.  Be some game to throw him into as his debut :lol:

26 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Is he fit and available against the fenians?

I've not followed this at all tbh.

If we don't pick up any injuries during the internationals I'd be tempted to stick by our tried and trusted midfield for such a big game . 

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

Our option to buy him next summer is apparently for £2.7m, so a cut price deal on what the original deal would have been. Likely due to the fact Amiens had less negotiating power if the player wanted to leave, it was the last day of the window and he was out of contract next summer and could have waited it out to leave for free. So signed a new contract so they could still get a fee but a lower one than before 

Is this true? H&H said it was bollocks the other day, think the rhecord has ran with the story but apparently it was just fabricated and complete shite. 

As far as I was aware, he’s on a 6 month loan and a free agent come summer. We’ve paid Amiens a 6 figure loan fee plus taken on his full wages, they thought this was acceptable as they didn’t want him on a 2nd division wage bill

Just now, plymouthranger said:

Is this true? H&H said it was bollocks the other day, think the rhecord has ran with the story but apparently it was just fabricated and complete shite. 

As far as I was aware, he’s on a 6 month loan and a free agent come summer. We’ve paid Amiens a 6 figure loan fee plus taken on his full wages, they thought this was acceptable as they didn’t want him on a 2nd division wage bill

All reports I've seen (including the Rangers announcement) have said we have an option to buy, so would imply he signed a new deal as reports say and we have a price agreed. Not seen anything about a loan fee myself mate

9 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Eskbank said he played the last two games for amiens (sp?) IIRC.

So quite possibly.  Be some game to throw him into as his debut :lol:

An appearance from the bench when we're 4 up will be fine tbh mate 

3 minutes ago, gmcf said:

If we don't pick up any injuries during the internationals I'd be tempted to stick by our tried and trusted midfield for such a big game . 

Agreed. 

The only question would be, does Jack start instead of Kamara? Not for me.

I'd go with Kamara and Davis with Arfield getting forward.

Just now, BlueMe said:

Agreed. 

Its good to have the option , but I'd agree with you of starting with  Kamara , Davis and Arfield . 

1 hour ago, gmcf said:

I wouldnt pay too much mind to the youtube videos . The one I saw of Pena made him look a world class superstar . 

You would expect a YouTube video to over state the quality.  Fucking hope the one I watched wasn't!! 

4 hours ago, BlueMe said:

Agreed. 

You'd put him on after 20 minutes? :sherlock:

4 hours ago, WilliamMunny said:

Our starting midfield has to be Kamara Davis and Arfield

Totally agree. Be madness not to. They play at a decent tempo and have the right amount of dig, drive, calming it (when needed) with that drop of experience in these matches with Davis.

Regards Zungu ...2.7-million lol aye right.

Archived