A shout for Steve Davis

Mafeking St.

Played his part to perfection today, taking the ball first time and first touches in key areas and playing it out and about.

I'm glad he's an asset again to us now because he was getting used all wrong last season (outwith Europe) 

I also think a wee mention goes to Ryan Jack today. I'm not a fan, but he was brought on 30+ mins to go for one purpose and that was to cut out some pockets of space they were getting in the middle of the park/keep it simple and he done it to perfection. Good job.

How many times did he take the ball off the toes of one of their players.

Was nervous as Ryan Jack has bossed the midfield in old firm games for a couple of years, but no one deserved to be dropped from our midfield.

Davis, Kamara and Arfield were excellent

When he first came in I thought we’d let nostalgia get the better of us. Actually don’t think he had his best game today but done what was needed. Overall though he’s been superb this season. The whole midfield has and I think it shows what competition for places does. Kamara for me was the standout in the middle of the park. 

Zungu has a task on him. Squad depth is fantastic now as shown by yesterday’s bench. Add in Zungu and Roofe and it’s even better. In fact add those two in and players like Defoe and Jack aren’t even making the bench anymore 

28 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Obviously not the creative threat he was constantly the first time round , still a class act though, reading of the game is excellent 

Think the systems make a big difference, first time around he was in a 442 alongside Edu or McCulloch where he had to be the more creative one, even at that point he was still more of a straight CM rather than an out and out 10. Now he’s very much a deep lying centre mid 

Archived