Morelos

magic8ball

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Was a vital part of a solid team performance linking up well dragging defenders about causing a bit of mischief. 80% pass completion.

No he won’t 

They’ll play their part but Alfredo will still be our main striker while he’s here.

Not at his goal scoring best but is definitely contributing with his link up play and over all game.

Far from rotten also continues to be selected for his international team so must be doing something right that the RM experts can’t see.

I think I mentioned the bold part in my original post.

To me, there were two players who underperformed yesterday in a solid team performance and that was Morelos and Barker. Neither did much.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

TBH I was amazed they never discussed the slap yesterday. Thought Stewart would be creaming at the thought of bringing it up.

Even that cunt Keevins on SSB said it wasn't a red, and would be lucky to be a yellow.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I think I mentioned the bold part in my original post.

To me, there were two players who underperformed yesterday in a solid team performance and that was Morelos and Barker. Neither did much.

Barker was pish wee Alfredo played his part. Third highest pass percentage in our team tells a different story to you saying he was rotten.

5 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Our main striker is an overweight petulant liability that can't pass, has a horrible first touch, terrible layoffs and doesn't bully defenses.

You missed out that he was trying to get himself sent off 🤣

Lunatics 

46 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He is not scoring because he is not playing through the middle enough. He has also become more of a team player, less selfish and contributing in other ways.

But yesterday, I thought he was rotten and he may not be a guaranteed starter when Roofe gets up to speed. He gets paid to score and he really needs a goal right now.

Funny how so many fans have different opinions on players isn't it, yesterday I thought Alfredo played his part, he wasn't outstanding but still played a vital role, so to say he was rotten is just wrong IMO, as for Roofe taking Alfredo's place when fit well that remains to be seen, again IMO Roofe was brought in as a replacement for Alfredo but he didn't get his move so now Gerrard has a nice choice to have, again IMO Alfredo is first choice and one of the main reasons I have for saying that is the fact that Alfredo is rarely out injured whereas Roofe has a history in that department.

2 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

Funny how so many fans have different opinions on players isn't it, yesterday I thought Alfredo played his part, he wasn't outstanding but still played a vital role, so to say he was rotten is just wrong IMO, as for Roofe taking Alfredo's place when fit well that remains to be seen, again IMO Roofe was brought in as a replacement for Alfredo but he didn't get his move so now Gerrard has a nice choice to have, again IMO Alfredo is first choice and one of the main reasons I have for saying that is the fact that Alfredo is rarely out injured whereas Roofe has a history in that department.

The guy that really let us down yesterday was Barker, but that's more Gerrard's fault for picking him.

I said before the match it's the type of game that could stunt any progress Barker's made so far this season. 

At times he's looked decent and after that performance he could go back into his shell.

I don't think he's good enough for Rangers anyway, but I'd rather he was the best he could be so to be useful to us.

Chucking him into an old-firm game even without fans was a bit stupid imo.

Regarding Morelos I don't think he was awful, but he certainly wasn't good. He played more of a part than Barker, and him taking the piss out of big mongo duffy gave some light relief during the game.

I'd say we don't have any good options up front just now, each forward has something negative attached to him, be it fitness, inexperience or inability to score.

Would be an ideal time for Itten to step up and show why we signed him, but I think Gerrard is using him cautiously atm.

Morelos isn’t a penalty box striker.  He won’t just stand next to Duffy for 90mins waiting for a chance to be created for him.  He’s a lot better than that and I actually think he’s became a very intelligent footballer.  He constantly drops deep giving a passing option and helps crowd the opposition midfield when out of possession.  If the opposition CBs follow him in to midfield it leaves holes for guys like Kent and Arfield to run in to.  At points he takes up positions in wide areas and switches with Barker and Kent.  I don’t think the opposition can man mark Morelos because he’s moving all over the place.  They need to go zonal and most teams don’t like that. 

Last season we were too reliant on Morelos scoring all our goals.  Now goals are coming from the full-backs, centre backs, central midfielders, Kent, Barker and Jones have all scored goals.  Goals are being spread throughout the team and Alfredo is more of a team player.  We’re just better.

Morelos will still score 20-30 goals this season despite being asked to play deeper.  He’s still our best striker.

55 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

What did he do? Did he score? Did he have any chances?

Look, I love Morelos but he hasn't produced in an OF game yet and years from now he will be judged by that.

And do you think we bought Roofe and Itten to sit on the bench?

If you think Morelos is on form right now then you are right about one thing- it's mental how people see the game totally different.

Hasn’t produced in any old firm yet is a ridiculous statement , he played a one two that lead to the second goal 24 hours ago 

Added a lot to his game recently imo.

Far more of a team player and his link-up passing was noticeably better yesterday. Still capable of bossing carthorses like Duffy but he has had to adapt to the three mobile forwards system Gerrard is committed to.

Will improve him as a player in the long run, I think he’s recognised that.

Be a sad (but lucrative) day when he goes.

43 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Even that cunt Keevins on SSB said it wasn't a red, and would be lucky to be a yellow.

Brown actually laughed it off if you watch it as Morelos pretended to look the other way like it was not him.

Itten is the only one that looks likely to keep him out the side atm, but then is his overall game just as good as Alfredo's? 

He's been involved in 9 goals in 883 minutes of football, just under 10 games this season. 

If Roofe and Itten can match that on a consistent basis then brilliant, but for now Morelos is the main man and for good reason. 

Weak link for me as was Barker both needed to be off sooner, I also thought he was going to get sent off for daft niggly challenges his hold up play was poor as was his passing.

Some seem to be watching a different game or making excuses for his play now. 

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

Weak link for me as was Barker both needed to be off sooner, I also thought he was going to get sent off for daft niggly challenges his hold up play was poor as was his passing.

Some seem to be watching a different game or making excuses for his play now. 

80% pass completion is poor?

Games a bogey 🤣

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

80% pass completion is poor?

Games a bogey 🤣

I was impressed by the pass he done to zealmoussi(sp) he almost scored from it, lets not kid ourselves on here, his forms not good enough just now.

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Is it a poor return aye or naw? 

You can't admit it because you weirdly hate him for whatever reason, as has been proven time and time again with you. 

Oh I hate him grow up or learn to take others opinions onboard.

Archived