Morelos

magic8ball

Oh I know it’s another bloody Morelos thread .Thought he played OK yesterday,nothing spectacular,nothing awful .Much the same as he has been all season .

Now we were often labelled a 1 man team in the last season or so .If the wee man gets his scoring touch back ,What a season we have in front of us 

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It can't be understated the amount of flying time it took to get back from Colombia and still perform to the level he did, I know for a fact that I'd be jet lagged to fuck if it was me, posters saying he was a passenger today well IMO he still managed to keep 3 CH's busy on his own.

Keeps dropping deep or wide, rather than getting in scoring positions - and his passing and pace are both pretty poor. Team is winning, but it’s in spite of him rather than because he’s contributing recently. 

Could easily have picked up a red yesterday. 

I think criticism went too far in the match thread - but what's new? :lol:

He was ok, that's about as far as I'd go though.

Another game against them he's no scored in, fucking lost count now.

It really goes to show how much shit people were talking when they were saying the team is always bailed out by one player, it was wrong at the time and it's wrong now.

Fact is Morelos either did his job in the past - which he deservedly received a lot of praise for, or the other players managed to get on the scoresheet to carry us onto victory.

We're seeing this even more this season because he seems to have left his shooting boots in 2019.

All we can do is hope he gets back to the player he was, but just as I warned so bloodly long ago - I don't think that would happen and it was the right time to sell. 

Love him he offers so much more than just goals, so intelligent in his runs and link up play, did tend to drift wide at times yesterday when I'd rather he was in the middle but thought he played good once Roofe and Aribo are playing regularly I think he will get loads more chances and take them.

He spent about 10 minutes at the end of the first half behaving like a wean. Apart from that he didn’t do much else. A generally poor performance, but a long flight will surely have left him a bit tired.

Although, it’s about time he lost his excess weight. I’m sure some players come back from the close season with a few pounds extra, but he’s still carrying them, and that’s also got to be down to the management - not just him.

I love that he's contributing more to the team than it being a one man show. That said, his own individual contribution yesterday was pretty anonymous.

And he needs to protect the possession of the ball much better. Yesterday again several of his passes / lay offs went straight to an opponent and put us right in trouble against the break.

Started the match well looking up for it and winning the ball back a few times off Duffy. Created a good chance on the right hand side skinnin a couple players and I thought hes up for it today. Faded not long after that and looked like he was losing it. Maybe he was really up for the game but the traveling affected him after 30 mins or so. Now he is staying for the season or at least January I will reserve judgement for a couple more games as to if he's going to add anything this season or be a liability. If not bench him but think he deserves a couple more games.

When Roofe is fully fit I think you’ll see Morelos used less. Him and Itten are basically being allowed to bed in until January. 

Ideally if we can get a lead in the league, it gives us a chance to sell him in January and bring in a replacement who carries a bit less baggage. Had the transfer window ended in August and not October, I think he’d be gone already 

Thought he started well in the first 30 minutes and then turned into his usual petulant nonsense. Gerrard clearly sorted this at half time and credit to him because in the second half Morelos was a lot less hotheaded, but wasn’t playing that well. 

Other than the couple of goals he got at the start of the season he’s been very poor. It’s time for Itten to get a run in the team 

6 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

It can't be understated the amount of flying time it took to get back from Colombia and still perform to the level he did, I know for a fact that I'd be jet lagged to fuck if it was me, posters saying he was a passenger today well IMO he still managed to keep 3 CH's busy on his own.

It’s fine lines but he also distracts some of their players from playing their own game . If that were Collum/Clancy or Walsh .He would have been off .Certain refs would not have it any other way.

Wee man done fine yesterday, kept 3 cbs busy,

Duffy ended up being the one that got wound up, at the end of the game Duffy was blowing out his arse like a tradesman at the end of a game of 5s 🤣

Morelos didn't stop all day! Hopefully he bags a goal on Thursday

1 hour ago, Getstiffed said:

It will be the final irony of his Rangers career. Plays shite the first half of this season and then kicks on in the second half firing us to the title.

I thought yesterday was set to be his day .TBH I can’t really see it with him .It will have to be a collective thing .Other players will no doubt win us the title .Hopefully 😄

Archived