Duffers Pass

julescotia

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks slow as fuck we needed Roofe or a player up against him to take advantage of how slow he was, a waste of a wage.

why would a team who like to pass out from the back buy Duffy he's not a footballer he's just a big stopper.

1 hour ago, TheKingObv said:

Keane did well for them?

So I hope not.

All he’s remembered is being slapped about for 90 minutes off Thompson and Bougherra. Whatever else he done against the rest of the cannon fodder in the league was irrelevant as we coasted to the title.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

Looks slow as fuck we needed Roofe or a player up against him to take advantage of how slow he was, a waste of a wage.

why would a team who like to pass out from the back buy Duffy he's not a footballer he's just a big stopper.

To think the couldn't afford to buy the donkey McKenna so hired the donkey Duffy instead 😂

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

To think the couldn't afford to buy the donkey McKenna so hired the donkey Duffy instead 😂

He's murder i'm surprised how bad he actually was you never really see that type of defender now lennons old school where other managers are looking for defenders to be comfortable on the ball he's buying big plodders.

On 18/10/2020 at 22:23, stuart1994 said:

Seen him just when he signed for them playing for Ireland and he was absolutely shocking. Shipped a goal by leaving a big massive gap behind him. Yesterday just cemented how bad he is for me. Hopefully more teams in the league start targeting him.

I thought we were going to see Maldini they way they hyped him but no just a big plodder who cannot run or pass a ball.

On 18/10/2020 at 17:59, beararse said:

So that works out at £83,461 per week if divided over a 52 week period and added to his weekly salary!

Worth every penny IMHO 🤣

Signed 8 days AFTER they got fucked out the Champions League too.

Fucking cretins.

I'd imagine his loan will be to the end of May which would equate to about 40 weeks = £50k pw + £45k wages = £95k pw

For context that will be more than Tav, Borna, Goldson and Hellander combined

8 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

I'd imagine his loan will be to the end of May which would equate to about 40 weeks = £50k pw + £45k wages = £95k pw

For context that will be more than Tav, Borna, Goldson and Hellander combined

It's alright bud, they're a cash rich club.

On 19/10/2020 at 07:59, cr3_bear said:

The fanfare they had for signing this Dumpling :lol:

hope in a years time he is remembered as fondly as Robbie Keane 

Except Robbie Keane was actually a good player with some pedigree. Shane Duffy is just a lump at the back Brighton used to use. I remember thinking they had got a good player when they got Keane, I knew Duffy would be a bombscare against us.

On 18/10/2020 at 14:32, Colin Traive said:

Let’s be honest, he was signed because he’s one of their own.

One of the lhads.

Keep ‘em coming, Lenny

:lol:

100%

I fully expected TLB to sign James McLean to be part of "family like no other" for "the ten"

The fanfare that welcomed Duffy was down to what he was rather than the player he was. From the moment he arrived he talked about growing up in Derry, fulfilling a dream, being "home" and being part of history with "the ten"

Brendan Rogers wouldn't have looked sideways at Duffy from a football perspective whereas TLB was ecstatic at landing him

That's why he's seen a 8 year swing in the gap between us and them in just 2 years as the maths genius on SSB pointed out last night - 5 years ahead to 3 years behind in 2 years, arguably one of the finest meltdown calls in history

On 18/10/2020 at 14:50, esquire8 said:

Played Goldson onside for the first.

Got nutmegged by Goldson while being bent over for the second.

Rotten defender.

Maybe he doesn't want to be a defender, maybe his dream was to be a goalkeeper...

Archived