Morelos

Swagger

6 minutes ago, SPWF said:

There’s a racial element to some of abuse he gets IMO. Few posters for watching. 

Nah mate guys like SIMA are not racist even that Berkshirebear guy I was only having a laugh when I said that to him. We’ve got plenty of Black players that don’t get the abuse Alfie gets, it’s just Rangers media being Rangers media, Alfredo’s the whipping boy for now. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Some amount of our own been brainwashed by the taigs and media witch-hunt against him 

Aye thats right because its the media witch hunt and taigs that are causing him to miss sitter after sitter after sitter. Some folk have eyes in their heads, know a decent striker when they see one and can see for themselves what is happening, hes off form, get him dropped and give someone more deserving a chance, but then again when that happens we revert to type and hes straight back in the team no matter how well his stand in has performed.

14 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Who’s defending it though? I think most if not everybody said he was lucky not to have been red carded, think people  need to try and separate defending Alfie’s actions or poor form infront of goal from people defending him against some of the over the top drama queen pish that’s getting posted in here.

Its a losing battle though people are like a dug with a bone.

You seen how his game was going during his first tackle of the match with a wee stupid jump into the player.

He was a first pick in my team to start on Sunday as I know what he can do but he was piss poor and lacking confidence or something.

I’m convinced if there was no transfer window looming he wouldn’t be getting picked in front of Itten who seems to have performed the last two games. I actually not fully convinced of Itten yet but gladly happy to be proved wrong.

He isnt playing well, he probably shouldve been sent off. No doubt on either, but by fuck there can be no doubt that he is held to different standards by the media here. On bbc scotland there just now we just had 10 minutes about it the incident yesterday. Certain other players in scotland can commit the same offence every other week and its never mentioned. 

5 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

For me,  normally He would be in our strongest 11 but yesterday he was fuckin rotten and appears to have lost some confidence in front of goal. So I wouldn't start him in our next two games. Hopefully he gets back to his best soon. 

I was going to say hopefully 2021 is going to be his year (02.01) but we’ve still got 5 games to play in 2020 and we want him hitting form and scoring ASAP 

12 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

Aye thats right because its the media witch hunt and taigs that are causing him to miss sitter after sitter after sitter. Some folk have eyes in their heads, know a decent striker when they see one and can see for themselves what is happening, hes off form, get him dropped and give someone more deserving a chance, but then again when that happens we revert to type and hes straight back in the team no matter how well his stand in has performed.

You must be one of the people without eyes then if you can’t see that Alfredo’s a great we player. He’s scored more goals in Europe for Rangers than Ally McCoist in less games.  Aye he’s hit a barren spell, seems to be low on confidence and his performance the other day was poor, people will say he’s been poor since last year that’s their opinion, he’s still a great wee player and will show this again ether with us or his next team. 

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

You must be one of the people without eyes then if you can’t see that Alfredo’s a great we player. He’s scored more goals in Europe for Rangers than Ally McCoist in less games.  Aye he’s hit a barren spell, seems to be low on confidence and his performance the other day was poor, people will say he’s been poor since last year that’s their opinion, he’s still a great wee player and will show this again ether with us or his next team. 

As far as Im aware my eyes are OK, Ive seen plenty of Rangers strikers in my time and to even think about comparing him to Ally McCoist says more about you than anything.

24 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Who’s defending it though? I think most if not everybody said he was lucky not to have been red carded, think people  need to try and separate defending Alfie’s actions or poor form infront of goal from people defending him against some of the over the top drama queen pish that’s getting posted in here.

Its a losing battle though people are like a dug with a bone.

Agree with this. Watched Scott Brown intentionally stamp on a player a couple of weeks back (St. Johnstone I think) just one of a numerous number of incidents he is involved in but never gets the same level of spotlight or publicity shone on his stupidity as does AM.
No doubt it was stupidity, born out of frustration at his lack of scoring and maybe could have been costly, but in hindsight it wasn’t thankfully.
Point being, I do think some of our own are ott regarding Morelos, I like how Gerrard handled the press and have no doubt he will have had more to say to the player than he was letting on. No defending his stupidity (it is indefensible on this occasion) but I do get annoyed how some of our own have bought in to this constructed ‘trial by sport scene’ version of Morelos...

5 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I’ll stop now tiger. 

Grrrrrar

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

I wonder if the same unknown source (taig) will be back on the keyboard 

Seems there been 4 previous examples of yellows being upgraded. Its been on sportscene so they don't even need the taigs this time like it undoubtedly was with Hivs Johnson.

7 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

As far as Im aware my eyes are OK, Ive seen plenty of Rangers strikers in my time and to even think about comparing him to Ally McCoist says more about you than anything.

Tbf he has more goals in Europe than McCoist so they are comparable. Domestically his goals per game ratio is also pretty similar, again comparable.  
However Morelos needs to stay for 15 seasons though to get a better idea. Which he won’t as it’s changed days from when McCoist played. 

Archived