*****The Official Kilmarnock v Rangers Match Thread*****

Just now, British_Empire said:

As skillfull and as probing as Aribo is, I think if we've got something to hold on to lead-wise, he's a good player for holding the ball and a counter-attack. Very useful option to have if/when we find ourselves at that stage tomorrow.

Yeah, I don't want to undersell him but he's perfect in that sense. Good height for long balls & corners too. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

As skillfull and as probing as Aribo is, I think if we've got something to hold on to lead-wise, he's a good player for holding the ball and a counter-attack. Very useful option to have if/when we find ourselves at that stage tomorrow, to bring on.

Changed days with depth of the squad and strength of the bench. We've got ample cover throughout the team. Aribo starts for me but there's no denying he's some impact sub and the ball sticks to him.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

We will drop more points this year mate. It is bound to happen. But it doesn't mean we can't go on to win the league. But RM will explode when that happens (it won't be tomorrow imo) and the last time it happened(Hibs), it was lead by you. 

I will give you an example - in 93/94 we had a really good team and lost 8 league games that year and still won the league. Could you imagine what RM would have been like back then?

We have a really good team this year and going into November, we have yet to lose. That's pretty damn good.

Of course tomorrow is big but it is only Nov 1st. A little perspective is needed sometimes.

edit : sorry, in response to @BridgeIsBlue

Said plenty of times tomorrow just isn't about 3 points, the psychological pendulum that could swing either in our favour or against is monumental. 

Absolutely pointless beating them at the piggery to go on and fuck it one game later, they're in a bit of a rut atm so the last thing we need to do is give them any sort of a boost with them having 2 games over us. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Said plenty of times tomorrow just isn't about 3 points, the psychological pendulum that could swing either in our favour or against is monumental. 

Absolutely pointless beating them at the piggery to go on and fuck it one game later, they're in a bit of a rut atm so the last thing we need to do is give them any sort of a boost with them having 2 games over us. 

I get that.

5 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Changed days with depth of the squad and strength of the bench. We've got ample cover throughout the team. Aribo starts for me but there's no denying he's some impact sub and the ball sticks to him.

I wouldn't be against him starting, but it's just about maximising our options and getting the best out of each option.

As Tomato says, Hagi's numbers are good and while he might not run the show tomorrow or everything come off for him, I think he's a good (or better) option to have in this type of game to get that vital goal.

There might only be one goal in it tomorrow. In fact, there's a good chance now I think about it.

Aribo is really talented, but he can be man-marked easily and nullified, whereas Hagi is small, finds space/pockets.

If we've got a lead, then I'd have no problem bringing Aribo on at half time to have the ball stick to him. If Kilmarnock want to then man-mark or have 2 guys surround him then even better as that's 2 less they've got to hurt us looking for their goal or it will create a lot of space elsewhere for someone like Kent/Arfield to exploit.

Get me, Ron Atkinson here.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Can we not try living in the present tense just for a few minutes instead of looking at past seasons? That is a common theme in here.

This years team is head and shoulders above previous seasons. They have belief and confidence (Tav for example) and the squad of 18 is so much stronger. I have no fear for tomorrow's game based on what I have seen this year and the stats that back it up.

In saying that, we definitely hate playing on this surface.

Also, it is a massive game but the season isn't won or lost tomorrow. Some posters appear to be talking like it is.

We said much of that last year mate after we beat the bheasts

Few weeks later ,we didn’t show up against Killie .

This pitch is not designed for silky soccer .It will be a very tough game to watch I feel 

4 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I wouldn't be against him starting, but it's just about maximising our options and getting the best out of each option.

As Tomato says, Hagi's numbers are good and while he might not run the show tomorrow or everything come off for him, I think he's a good (or better) option to have in this type of game to get that vital goal.

There might only be one goal in it tomorrow. In fact, there's a good chance now I think about it.

Aribo is really talented, but he can be man-marked easily and nullified, whereas Hagi is small, finds space/pockets.

If we've got a lead, then I'd have no problem bringing Aribo on at half time to have the ball stick to him. If Kilmarnock want to then man-mark or have 2 guys surround him then even better as that's 2 less they've got to hurt us looking for their goal or it will create a lot of space elsewhere for someone like Kent/Arfield to exploit.

Hagi does offer a couple of chances out of nothing even when not playing great. He's still learning and he's got a heavy Name on his jersey but he's going to be a star for us.

we all talk tactics and point out how to beat teams, just in case Stevie happens to be looking in but I read Cruyffs book,My Turn and he simplifies it. If you have the ball make the pitch big, if the opposition have the ball make the pitch small.

11 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I would rather have Aribo's twinkle toes and/or Hagi's brain than the Barker option of speed like a headless chicken.

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

He's been pretty bang average overall though and that the other night was just well below average from him

He wasn’t great the other night. But assisting 8 goals is contributing enough to warrant a starting slot IMO. He can create out of nothing even when he’s not having the best game. 

On 30/10/2020 at 09:03, ChampionsAgain said:

McGregor 

Tav Goldson Helander Borna

Jack Kamara

Jones Aribo Kent 

Morelos 

Any win will do. 

Same team for me mate........ fancy us to win quite comfortably........ Killie 0 Rangers 2.

Any win will do.

Archived