Xbox Series X

CR3

33 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Anybody noticed a worse connection since getting the x/s to the one? Never really clocked that my connections went right down hill since i got this, despite it being months since I did.

Not really nah, since the processor and hardware is better it wouldn’t really make sense. Based on download speeds or actual pings in games? You should be around 30ms connected to European servers.

16 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Not really nah, since the processor and hardware is better it wouldn’t really make sense. Based on download speeds or actual pings in games? You should be around 30ms connected to European servers.

In games, get 30 at the highest before a game of FIFA but laggy like fuck when it starts, average in the hundreds according to EA. Checked Reddit and there’s a few that have had the same problem.

It sits in the exact same space as my Xbox one did 

17 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

In games, get 30 at the highest before a game of FIFA but laggy like fuck when it starts, average in the hundreds according to EA. Checked Reddit and there’s a few that have had the same problem.

It sits in the exact same space as my Xbox one did 

if you’re talking about fifa then I’ve had more instances of the yellow and red connection symbols coming up and it getting buggy aye, are you meaning on that game mainly?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jakes Pal said:

Anyone with Game Pass who enjoys the Cyberpunk genre should check out The Ascent. Insanely detailed environments and challenging combat, the aiming is very tricky at first until you get the hang of it, and you level up, unless you are a pussy and turn aim assist on.

The Ascent was good. Great neon/colour and cool art style. Apparently a very small studio done it with the numbers only just into double figures - done a great job. 

2 hours ago, CR3 said:

I couldn’t find it on the Microsoft Store, I hadn’t actually heard of it. Emulator?

Yeah, it can emulate everything up to the Gamecube and PS2, although the latter is abit game dependant. To install it you need to enable developer mode on the console, which costs 20 quid for a license from microsoft I think. 

Not sure if I'm going to bother doing it, just wondering if anyone on here had done it. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Iakona said:

Picked up the FH5 season pass for 24 quid on the Iceland store. 

That's my weekend sorted. Only played an hour or so, so far... But it's fucking gorgeous. 

Did you buy that for £24 only to get early access as it’s on games pass?

2 hours ago, CR3 said:

Did you buy that for £24 only to get early access as it’s on games pass?

Early access, car packs(2 at launch), car pass and you get the 2 expansion packs when they release. 

Normally 38 quid but it's only 24 if you buy it on the Icelandic store, works with a UK games pass account. 

22 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Early access, car packs(2 at launch), car pass and you get the 2 expansion packs when they release. 

Normally 38 quid but it's only 24 if you buy it on the Icelandic store, works with a UK games pass account. 

VPN Involved?

2 hours ago, CR3 said:

VPN Involved?

Nah Iceland store works without a vpn. You just need to be logged into your UK account on the store when you buy. 

Some people have had to slap an Iceland postcode into the address box, but the payment still went through ok. 

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/forza-horizon-5-premium-add-ons-bundle-inc-early-access-for-gamepass-subscribers-xbox-one-series-xs-pc-ps2419-at-xbox-store-iceland-3803020

24 minutes ago, rossDas said:

Runs and looks pretty good on the ageing One-X hardware as well. Obviously nowhere near as good as the Series or PC versions, but Playground Games have done an amazing job for a cross-gen title. 

Quality setting on the Series X actually says it’s 30fps surprisingly (native 4k) so I play it on Performance mode and it’s actually not a world of difference graphically while getting 60 frames, monitor is 120 but is enabled mainly on shooters.

10 hours ago, CR3 said:

Quality setting on the Series X actually says it’s 30fps surprisingly (native 4k) so I play it on Performance mode and it’s actually not a world of difference graphically while getting 60 frames, monitor is 120 but is enabled mainly on shooters.

I ended up dropping back to 30fps mode. The pop in and lod issues was bugging me too much. Though my partner has stuck with performance mode, she just loves how smooth it is. 

That said even in quality mode it still manages to be silky smooth.. After 5 minutes of gameplay I forgot it was running at 30. Even DF said they were torn between the modes which is a massive credit to the developers.. As DF are typically 60 fps gestapo. 

Either way its an incredible game.