Xbox Series X

CR3

On 08/02/2021 at 13:40, Rambo1872 said:

Still struggling to get a ps5 or a series X. I think at this point i'll buy whatever i can get my hands on first. Anyone ITK about series x/PS5 stock due in anywhere? 

Addition, you should also remember to take into consideration your preference of gaming genre when it comes to your console purchase. For example Sony have been brilliant with games like The Last of Us and End of days, with God of War also being described as one of the best games ever on the PS. On the other hand if (like me) you love the Halo universe or are a fan of the output of Bethesda Studios then X has to be your choice, especially as Bethesda is now Microsoft owned and any future games (hopefully a new decent Fallout, not Fallout 76 type) will more than likely be X Box & PC exclusive.

2 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

Addition, you should also remember to take into consideration your preference of gaming genre when it comes to your console purchase. For example Sony have been brilliant with games like The Last of Us and End of days, with God of War also being described as one of the best games ever on the PS. On the other hand if (like me) you love the Halo universe or are a fan of the output of Bethesda Studios then X has to be your choice, especially as Bethesda is now Microsoft owned and any future games (hopefully a new decent Fallout, not Fallout 76 type) will more than likely be X Box & PC exclusive.

In my time iv went with the Sega megadrive, PS1, PS2,Xbox, Xbox360, PS3, then PS4. I like the content on both consoles but tbh i never played anything thay was exclusive to the console apart from Halo and Halo 2 when i had the xbox. I'm at the point where im thinking whatever company gets their product to me first is what i'm going with. I think if its PS5 it will be the digital version. 

Whats peoples thoughts on going didital and ditching the disc drive? My ps4 at the moment is gubbed discwise as it spits discs out, iv got a launch ps4 with the snidey touch sensitive button. So less to go wrong i was thinking, and spend the difference on a decent multi TB external drive for beefing up capacity.

6 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

In my time iv went with the Sega megadrive, PS1, PS2,Xbox, Xbox360, PS3, then PS4. I like the content on both consoles but tbh i never played anything thay was exclusive to the console apart from Halo and Halo 2 when i had the xbox. I'm at the point where im thinking whatever company gets their product to me first is what i'm going with. I think if its PS5 it will be the digital version. 

Whats peoples thoughts on going didital and ditching the disc drive? My ps4 at the moment is gubbed discwise as it spits discs out, iv got a launch ps4 with the snidey touch sensitive button. So less to go wrong i was thinking, and spend the difference on a decent multi TB external drive for beefing up capacity.

Dont think I'd ever go for a digital console, most of the games I buy are 2nd hand from CEX, sack paying full price for every game and not being able to trade in games once you've finished with them.

17 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

Dont think I'd ever go for a digital console, most of the games I buy are 2nd hand from CEX, sack paying full price for every game and not being able to trade in games once you've finished with them.

Imagine you could buy games digitally on the store and when you were finished with them you could click a trade/sell option on the store and it would give you a value depending on how long after release time you were done with it and put it into your MS or PSN balance to get something else, now that would be cool but not profitable for them the greedy cants😂

I have long argued about how i like a disc drive, i like having the physical games. Now i'm older, iv got all my games in the loft and never touch them. I tried going back to PS2 and playing manhunt, need for speed underground, gta san andreas/vicy city etc but no matter how nostalgic it was it didnt engage me, i'm spoiled with current graphic standards and smooth controlling play, i didnt play them for long. I think were heading that way, like dvds etc went to streaming services mostly. 

I downloaded cold war digitally, started it at night and when got up it was ready to play. No going to shops etc to pick it up, alot of games now require further downloads and updates even with the disc, you are just buying a portion of the download on disc and then keeping it sat about, having to put discs in and out. 

Can see why some want it and some dont. 

1 hour ago, Rambo1872 said:

I have long argued about how i like a disc drive, i like having the physical games. Now i'm older, iv got all my games in the loft and never touch them. I tried going back to PS2 and playing manhunt, need for speed underground, gta san andreas/vicy city etc but no matter how nostalgic it was it didnt engage me, i'm spoiled with current graphic standards and smooth controlling play, i didnt play them for long. I think were heading that way, like dvds etc went to streaming services mostly. 

I downloaded cold war digitally, started it at night and when got up it was ready to play. No going to shops etc to pick it up, alot of games now require further downloads and updates even with the disc, you are just buying a portion of the download on disc and then keeping it sat about, having to put discs in and out. 

Can see why some want it and some dont. 

Manhunt! what a game :lol: killing cunts by ripping them from ball sack to arsehole with a sickle :lol: 

2 hours ago, Rambo1872 said:

I think if its PS5 it will be the spend the difference on a decent multi TB external drive for beefing up capacity.

Worth noting ps5 games can't be installed on an external HDD. 

There's an accessible expansion slot for an addition NVMe inside the PS5, however Sony have currently restricted use of this with a software block. They will remove the block eventually, but I assume they are waiting until the official ps5 licensed NVMe's are out. It's going to be pricey though.. 500gb will easily be on the north side of £100.

2 hours ago, CR3 said:

That the game that was banned? 

I'm not sure if it got banned or not mate, wouldnt surprise me. Getting told by a guy to put a bag over someones head and kill him to get freedom sounds like it might have 🤣

Iv got Bully as well that was similar not as violent. 

53 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Worth noting ps5 games can't be installed on an external HDD. 

There's an accessible expansion slot for an addition NVMe inside the PS5, however Sony have currently restricted use of this with a software block. They will remove the block eventually, but I assume they are waiting until the official ps5 licensed NVMe's are out. It's going to be pricey though.. 500gb will easily be on the north side of £100.

Is that because of data transfer rates on ps5 higher than that of external drives? Hopefully in time they make it an option with newer external drives and a software upgrade. Next gen games are going to be massive and if the way its going continues in regard to download updates and expansion packs, were going to need it. The 1TB taking into account 150-200gb of operating space, you will get about 7-10 games on your drive then have to start deleting some as updates roll out for your favourites. Warzone on ps4 is well over 100gb, what size is it on ps5/xboxX ?

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/02/2021 at 14:22, Rambo1872 said:

I've got a ps4 and bought a 2TB external drive, just as well as some of the game updates are ridiculous in size. 

2 hours ago, CR3 said:

Anyone still wanting a series X? 

I’ve got a link to BT’s online shop who have some, ordered one yesterday. That’s it getting picked by the warehouse team the now for tomorrow delivery but I’d be quick also to avoid disappointment.

maybe @Rambo1872?

Alrite bro! Thanks very much for the offer, i managed to get a PS5 in the end. I probs have a friend who would take it if you cant find someone here who is looking for one? My baby arrived at the weekend so tbh i dont think even the ps5 is going to get used much for a wee while lol. Are you going to be on the warzone when you get your xbox tomorrow? 

1 minute ago, Rambo1872 said:

Alrite bro! Thanks very much for the offer, i managed to get a PS5 in the end. I probs have a friend who would take it. Are you going to be on the warzone when you get your xbox tomorrow? 

it’s some referral code given to me and already me and my mate have ordered so happy days tbh, it isn’t like a one-time use it seems as my mate got sorted too. These were a nightmare to get for months so finally bit the bullet. I don’t really play warzone anymore after Cold War came out but I might download it as I have a few mates still play it. 

Link: https://shop.bt.com/products/microsoft-xbox-series-x-console-rrt-00007-G5FT.html?ReferrerID=PR02&utm_source=customer_preorders&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=xboxseriesx_march21&utm_content=PR02&uqd=QT4LQZF73

19 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

Any PS5 stock about or are they harder to get than the series X at the moment? Trying to find my brother one. 

Don't think so mate. Still pure solid to get.

https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-ps5-playstation-5-console

https://twitter.com/ps5instant?lang=en

46 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Turns out I need to get a HDMI to DisplayPort adapter to successfully switch on 120Hz mode on the Series X using my BENQ monitor. I think with this monitor 144 is only achieved through DisplayPort. I’ve been having an absolute shocker at getting the right cables for this elusive 144Hz:lol:  @Iakona

Whats wrong with an Xbox 360?

• 2 weeks later...

Given the lack of X exclusive games I have loaded up some of my back catalogue, quite impressed with the upscaling the box achieves. Playing RAGE (10+) years old, and finally catching up with Gears 4 (looks damn fine) with 5 waiting to go. In my more geeky moments I must admit to looking forward to see what the X can really do with games developed specifically for it, and like everyone else I suppose am really impatient with regards to getting Cyberpunk 2077 upgraded to the X version.

I've been checking daily for the £28.99 a month deal they have going that includes Game Pass. I already pay something like £12 a month for the Xbox/PC Game Pass so for an extra £17 a month, it doesn't seem too bad.

Never in stock, though!