Xbox Series X

CR3

9 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

It's never been about console sales over a generation though, they all make money on every game sold for their systems and that's were they make their real money.

Consoles have been sold at break even or at a small loss before as they know they'll make it back on software.

As someone who works away with barely any internet I could definitely do with the less cloud gaming, the amount of games you need a connection online for even though you've bought it is infuriating. Soon be playing emulators half the time.Ā :lol:

Microsoft definetly valued console sales numbers for a very long time. I mean Sony are still shouting from the roof tops at every given opportunity regarding how well the PS5 is selling. Its bragging rights and reinforces market share.

At face value.. Traditionally more consoles sold means more games sold, more service subscribers and a bigger market share. Which pleases investors and stock holders, improves marketability and encourages further investment financially and from games developers.

Microsoft as a company never want to be seen as second best... Hence why they stopped releasing regular sales figures when the PS3 caught up with the 360. Outselling Playstation has been a monkey on their back for a long, long time. One that they've never managed to actually shake.

The difference now is that Sony still seemingly believe in traditional console generations whilst Microsoft are all about blurring the generational lines and creating an Xbox/Windows gaming service. Games pass subs and cloud gaming is now their target.. They don't care if you are playing Forza Horizon 5 on a series x, a PC or a toaster... Aslong as you are subbing, playing it and buying into the overall live service.

3 hours ago, Iakona said:

Microsoft definetly valued console sales numbers for a very long time. I mean Sony are still shouting from the roof tops at every given opportunity regarding how well the PS5 is selling. Its bragging rights and reinforces market share.

At face value.. Traditionally more consoles sold means more games sold, more service subscribers and a bigger market share. Which pleases investors and stock holders, improves marketability and encourages further investment financially and from games developers.

Microsoft as a company never want to be seen as second best... Hence why they stopped releasing regular sales figures when the PS3 caught up with the 360. Outselling Playstation has been a monkey on their back for a long, long time. One that they've never managed to actually shake.

The difference now is that Sony still seemingly believe in traditional console generations whilst Microsoft are all about blurring the generational lines and creating an Xbox/Windows gaming service. Games pass subs and cloud gaming is now their target.. They don't care if you are playing Forza Horizon 5 on a series x, a PC or a toaster... Aslong as you are subbing, playing it and buying into the overall live service.

Unfortunately I firmly believe that Ms are in the right track whereas Sony are living firmly in the past.Ā 

I personally don't have a preference for either console however I feel that if Sony don't drag themselves into the current trends they could well go down the same route as Sega did.Ā 

Xbox could be amazing for very casual gamers who don't mind paying 30 quid a year or so for games pass however that could well be to the detriment of every other gamerĀ 

20 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

Unfortunately I firmly believe that Ms are in the right track whereas Sony are living firmly in the past.Ā 

I personally don't have a preference for either console however I feel that if Sony don't drag themselves into the current trends they could well go down the same route as Sega did.Ā 

Xbox could be amazing for very casual gamers who don't mind paying 30 quid a year or so for games pass however that could well be to the detriment of every other gamerĀ 

Rest assured that where ever the console market goes, Nintendo will be 2 steps forward yet 10 years behind.

11 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

Rest assured that where ever the console market goes, Nintendo will be 2 steps forward yet 10 years behind.

Tbf nintendo are a niche market, not a bad thing and most of the people I know have a switch as their secondary console.Ā 

But for me it's clear as day the route MS want to take and if Sony are not careful they could find themselves way behind the game or worse.Ā 

Imagine how good it would be playing game pass on your ps5 soon. However once the game streaming kicks off I fear for Sony as MS have the financial clout to rule.Ā 

Thinking of Netflix 10 odd years back

41 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Tbf nintendo are a niche market, not a bad thing and most of the people I know have a switch as their secondary console.Ā 

But for me it's clear as day the route MS want to take and if Sony are not careful they could find themselves way behind the game or worse.Ā 

Imagine how good it would be playing game pass on your ps5 soon. However once the game streaming kicks off I fear for Sony as MS have the financial clout to rule.Ā 

Thinking of Netflix 10 odd years back

To be honest, I love my Nintendo Switch. They will always be okay because they always make great games.

Even without the financial clout, MS has Azure. They have all the cloud computing infrastructureĀ in place so if it goes the way MS plan, your right Sony doesn't have a hope.Ā  Sony are now using Azure for the PS5, so MS will be winning either way.

9 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

To be honest, I love my Nintendo Switch. They will always be okay because they always make great games.

Even without the financial clout, MS has Azure. They have all the cloud computing infrastructureĀ in place so if it goes the way MS plan, your right Sony doesn't have a hope.Ā  Sony are now using Azure for the PS5, so MS will be winning either way.

MS will soon be fleecing Sony left, right and centre.Ā 

Personally i would prefer if all 4 major game companies all excelled but its a cut throat world and MS have the financial clout to ruin the rest.

I will say I love the way Phil Spencer works tho. He seems to be a genuine gamer who acknowledges that competition is healthy for everyone and his vision for the future looks quite good. Can't really see Sony buying into it although I believe nintendo has to a very small extent. However Sony already have some exclusives on PC and I can see a merging crossover coming where games pass will be available on PlayStation and xbox owners will be able to enjoy the Sony 1st party 3xclusives the same way pc owners have.Ā 

Literally a win win for everyne.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

In a side note has anyone heard anything in MS acquiring Sega.Ā 

I know XBOX does not sell in Japan at all but I seem to remember someone working for Sega mentioning that xbox wanted to release the new gen of consoles in Japan but under the Sega name with Sega designing the console. Essentially a Sega branded xbox

33 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

I know XBOX does not sell in Japan at all but I seem to remember someone working for Sega mentioning that xbox wanted to release the new gen of consoles in Japan but under the Sega name with Sega designing the console. Essentially a Sega branded xbox

That would be interesting. It's such a shame what happen to Sega. I wish they could make a really good Sonic game.

1 minute ago, maverick1200 said:

That would be interesting. It's such a shame what happen to Sega. I wish they could make a really good Sonic game.

Agree, however Sega still make some pretty good games.Ā 

If u haven't tried them the judgement and lost judgement games are pretty good and the latest yakuza like a dragon is amazingĀ 

8 hours ago, lidorfc said:

Actually getting good download speeds for a change with this bad boy, 1 hour to download Forza Horizon 5, would have taken over a day on the PS4 for me, the wifi receivers on them must have been fucking shite.Ā 

How do u download horizon 5 on the PS4?? I have I missed something here??Ā 

But seriously the ps4 had utter shit WiFi card in it. On my ps5 I can max out my 500gb download speed and it holds that speed right thru the download whereas the ps4 was all over the place but only maxed out at about 130.

16 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

How do u download horizon 5 on the PS4?? I have I missed something here??Ā 

But seriously the ps4 had utter shit WiFi card in it. On my ps5 I can max out my 500gb download speed and it holds that speed right thru the download whereas the ps4 was all over the place but only maxed out at about 130.

He's meaning the length of time to download that size of a game.

On 21/01/2022 at 14:19, rabc10000 said:

not allowed to mate

here is a list of the Japanese companies by law western companies cannot own (link to spreadsheet at bottom of page)

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-japan-investment-mof-idUSKBN22K0Z0

includes Capcom, Sega, Konami, Bandai Namco, Square Enix,Sony and Nintendo.

21 minutes ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

not allowed to mate

here is a list of the Japanese companies by law western companies cannot own (link to spreadsheet at bottom of page)

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-japan-investment-mof-idUSKBN22K0Z0

includes Capcom, Sega, Konami, Bandai Namco, Square Enix,Sony and Nintendo.

I presume that's where the links about MS opening a software division in Japan as an independent company came from, to get round those laws???Ā 

2 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

I presume that's where the links about MS opening a software division in Japan as an independent company came from, to get round those laws???Ā 

ye maybe mate but if it's western money which funds it then may not be allowed anyway if trying to then take over a Japanese company that way.Ā  Who knows? (well corporate lawyers will lol but you get my drift)

7 hours ago, ShanksRFC said:

Downloaded Final Fantasy X on Gamepass, fuck me it brought back a lot of memories.

No sure if I can spare 50 hours to go through the story again right enough but will be fun to fuck about with.

Shame it doesn't have a 3x speed mode like the PS1 releases.

• 2 weeks later...

Dying Light 2ā€™s performance on Quality or Resolution mode is pretty poor for new gen. Pretty unplayable screen tear looking from left to right on 30 frames if you want to see it in 4k, pure jitters the picture about at any movement even though Motion Blur isnā€™t an option in settings. To get 60 frames you need to put on performance mode which seems to be the only decent option and knocks it back to 1080p. Disappointing going from 2k120 on other titles or ones that can knock 4k60 out the park to 1080p60 for this being a brand new game, itā€™s a wouldnā€™t buy from me.

10 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Did anyone have a problem getting the Xbox All Access thing? I got KB'd for it and was worried my credit must be fucked or something. According to Experian I've got 980 out of 999. So seems like a random decline.

Itā€™s Klarna who offer the credit. They are extremely hit n miss when it comes to accepting people.

I got rejected by them about a year ago, however afew weeks after that I got accepted by a bank for a mortgage.. So thereā€™s no really rhyme nor reason to it.