Xbox Series X

CR3

On 09/02/2022 at 19:22, Jamie0202 said:

Techand still support the first game, which was fucking excellent, w

Spent an unreal amount of time hiding in dark corners and frantically searching for hiding spots when forced to go out at night. One of the few games where you are genuinely outclassed by opponents and simply blasting your way out with your super shotgun is not an option.

2 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

I have the Series X and played the first couple of hours of Cyberpunk 2077 when it was initially released, however when it became patently clear that the game was in fact not finished or anywhere near ready for release I shelved it and waited ( long time) for the bugs to be squashed and the next gen upgrade. Having played a few hours since said upgrade, there has beenĀ  a great improvement, the City is far more vibrant, crowded, full of life (and death), it looks wonderful and there is something that I can only describe as an atmosphere you can sense when exploring.

Hopefully will prove to have been worth the wait.

I've been really enjoying it, especially switching from performance mode to ray tracing, just driving about the city is a joy, everything looks cool af. Some of the AI is terrible though.Ā 

14 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Spent an unreal amount of time hiding in dark corners and frantically searching for hiding spots when forced to go out at night. One of the few games where you are genuinely outclassed by opponents and simply blasting your way out with your super shotgun is not an option.

Aye obviously a completely different game with different game mechanics and it actually has guns but it's the same feeling you get when playing Resident Evil games, In particular Resident Evil 7. Guns are plenty but ammo is scarce so you spend most of the game like a shitebag running away and hiding šŸ˜‚.Ā 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The Xbox showcase on the 11th could be pretty interesting.

Going by their Twitter, it looks like Fable will be a big part of their showcase. Add in Starfield, Avowed, Forza and whatever else Bethesda have to show(if you want to believe the ā€œleaksā€)ā€¦

Xbox could actually come out of this event looking pretty strong exclusive wiseā€¦ provided they donā€™t drop the ball by releasing more teaser trailers. They need dates and gameplay.Ā 

6 hours ago, Iakona said:

The Xbox showcase on the 11th could be pretty interesting.

Going by their Twitter, it looks like Fable will be a big part of their showcase. Add in Starfield, Avowed, Forza and whatever else Bethesda have to show(if you want to believe the ā€œleaksā€)ā€¦

Xbox could actually come out of this event looking pretty strong exclusive wiseā€¦ provided they donā€™t drop the ball by releasing more teaser trailers. They need dates and gameplay.Ā 

Would play a new Fable but not interested in remasters or anything. Played them too recently.Ā 

Hellblade sequel has been forgotten about in a wee while. Was just awaiting a release. Ninja Theoryā€™s first instalment was good. Graphics could be top-drawer on it.

• 3 months later...

Using this thread since original Cyberpunk 2077 thread is closed. New DLC and apparently huge 2.0 upgrade is getting rave reviews almost across the board, 2.0 totally overhauling skill/perk system, improved AI particularly Police response,Ā  improvements to combat, especially melee for those who like to go up close and personal.

Must admit that I did not get into the game and chucked it after about 10 hours of not very enjoyable gameplay. Maybe a return to Night City might be in order to see if these much trumpeted improvements have donr the trick.

• 2 months later...
40 minutes ago, Finny said:

Mrs has got me this for Christmas with the game pass. What should be my first go to game I've always been a PlayStation boy but love open world stuff like got and rdr so something along those lines would be good.Ā 

Was thinking of trading my ps5 in for Xbox and getting game pass. The way I game these days I think Iā€™d be better suited with game passĀ 

12 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Was thinking of trading my ps5 in for Xbox and getting game pass. The way I game these days I think Iā€™d be better suited with game passĀ 

My youngest blackmailed me into giving her my ps5 if she swapped rooms with her sister so she's got it sitting in her room playing fucking fortnight and roblox and I'm in my man cave with nothing šŸ˜ƒ šŸ˜€ šŸ˜„Ā  so hoping to get a bit of use out of it.Ā 

8 hours ago, RFC55 said:

PS5ā€™s exclusives are better but you absolutely canā€™t argue with what you get with GamePass.

9 hours ago, Finny said:

Mrs has got me this for Christmas with the game pass. What should be my first go to game I've always been a PlayStation boy but love open world stuff like got and rdr so something along those lines would be good.Ā 

Halo Master Chief Collection, Halo Infinite.

New Dead Space and Far Cry 6Ā just came to GP.

11 hours ago, Finny said:

I'd imagine fill your boots on the games that PS5 also has but you might not have bought. Yakuza ones might be worth a look if you haven't already (it's a bit more scripted than open world, but a bit of freedom).

Also Party games for Christmas, I'm going to try Party Animals.

Not sure how many months Game Pass you have, but there's a bit of a cheaper way to get it converting Game Pass Core on an inactive subscription to Game Pass Ultra.Ā  I'd loaded up 3 years on it and it's just running out, so I've turned off renew to try to go again - I think I can load up 2 years on it.

On 23/12/2023 at 15:14, Finny said:

Outer Worlds is on game pass.Ā 

It's great if you've not played it.Ā 

Atomic Heart is decent too as is starfield despite lackluster reviews, but play outer worlds first. All open world.Ā 

• 3 weeks later...

My old 3 years of game pass expired this week, so managed to get Ā£3.75 a month game pass ultimate for 2 years, can only stack Live/Core for 3 years, then convert down to 2.Ā  Used Turkey and VPN to stack, then converted in home country (you buy 1 month at local price, and then it does the conversion).Ā  (Expired membership or new only).