Rangers Accounts 2020

james_85

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I'm perhaps being stupid or missing something here, but do additional match day ticket sales (outwith season ticket money but including hospitality/corporate) really add up to 15-million?

Europa league they do, our prize money was just over 8mill, our euro revenue was just over 20mill, so you have to imagine thats all ticket sales, 9 home games with fans remember, 1.5mill a home game in ticket sales isn't far fetched

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The loss next year is going to be far worse!

These accounts are for last year and include EL gate money that we received for EVERY tie.

This year we will lose all of that. CL money is vital.

There is no castore money or merchandise money from them either in these ones 

25 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The loss next year is going to be far worse!

These accounts are for last year and include EL gate money that we received for EVERY tie.

This year we will lose all of that. CL money is vital.

Oh i know, i was saying though that a good run in the europa seems to cover our general losses, we've incurred more due to buying players etc

5 hours ago, bornabear said:

Too much common sense mate. 👍

You didn't expect a journo to criticize another journo mate, they stick together like shit on a blanket.

You've clearly never read the countless times I've criticised journalists. I regularly criticise journos - particularly Scottish ones. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

Thank goodness for good Europa league runs.

Are the players still on 50% wage deferrals?

Would it be a good guess to say Rangers would be in profit last financial year without covid-19?

Nope we’d still have lost money. Only way we’d have broke even would be if we’d sold Morelos for £15+million in Jan

Finally getting round to writing something on it. Think my initial view was ‘horrific’ was over the top but still some big concerns for me, but come to them later. 

Starting off with the good. Revenue up to £59m is very good and the closest we’ve been to Celtic for a long time. Shows the importance of European football (was worth over £20m) and the continued backing by the fans. Our matchday income was equal to theirs despite having 10k less seats due to an additional game in Europe and the higher pricing we charge. 

Flip side of that, none of the European ticket sales are happening this year and the board estimate that will lead to a £10m revenue reduction in this financial year. 

This year, investors put in £23m of loans. Two things, one it’s an unbelievable commitment and history should view them all VERY favourably. Secondly, this time last year the plan was very much to fund the club to the end of last season. Then player sales were to fund any acquisitions &/or shortfalls. They’ve deviated from that plan, spending £15.4m in the summer without selling anyone, in fact turning down £16m for Morelos. That now means that we need minimum £9m to see out this season & £14m next year.

Whilst Park & Bennett have noted they’ll fund it, I don’t see any chance they will to that level. Perhaps the £9m, will be ok from the group of investors but not the further £14m. That will have to come from player sales and/or Champions League football. Which whilst we have great assets now (Morelos, Borna, Kamara etc) it’s still a fairly risky strategy particularly given we haven’t sold anybody for notable sums for a long time, Covid uncertainty and general transfer market risk. Plus, clubs know we ‘need’ to sell and will likely tailor their bids accoridngly. Likewise, we just need to look across the city to see how fraught the CL qualifiers can be, and we have a worse seeding than they do. 

It’s a difficult one to balance of course, we need success but we also need to become a self sustaining club. Investors have put in close to £70m which is ridiculous and that well will be close to dry now. Like Celtic, we operate at a £10-15m loss without CL football or player sales and that’s what investors are funding currently. That needs to change. 

Looking forward, this years accounts will be brutal, assuming nobody is sold in January, but hopefully offset by the Castore deal flowing through & to a lesser extent MyGers. 

Some other points, our liability to HMRC rose from £2m last year to £9m this year so we’ve taken advantage of being able to defer VAT & PAYE payments due to Covid, as have most businesses including Celtic.

We’ve committed £7m to capital expenditure which the bulk of is the building of the new facility replacing Edmiston House. 

We’re still suing Elite for £2.5m we believe they owe us which hasn’t been paid - what a shitshow that was. Likewise; we’ve provided £3m for potential damages to Sports Direct, but it’s heavily caveated that the amount is uncertain and there are ongoing negotiations. A former employee is also suing us. We’ve made a lot of people redundant recently so could be anyone. 

So all in all, expect at least a couple of players to leave in January and/or the summer

We need to win the league this year

CL qualification would be game changing stuff

We should be forever thankful to our investors

A lot of positives but we need to be mindful of challenges we still face

Does anybody else think it’s bizarre that we need 21 million to see out the next two seasons and our manager’s personal wealth is probably two or three times that amount.

I’m not suggesting that we should be asking him to put his hand in his pocket or anything crazy like that, but it just sort of drives home and reinforces how successful a career he had doesn’t it? 

20 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I know he is minted mate but I don't sit and think about his worth compared to ours as a club.

I was never talking about his financial worth against the clubs financial worth though. I was talking about our debt and  just pointing out that he’s so well off he could probably financially afford to wipe our debt out in one day :lol:

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I was never talking about his financial worth against the clubs financial worth though. I was talking about our debt and  just pointing out that he’s so well off he could probably financially afford to wipe our debt out in one day :lol:

I know what you meant, what I meant was I never sit and think about but now I do I think he should buy his own players or gtf.

Archived