*****Official Ross County v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Hilarious that now St Johnstone at home is considered a tough tie for them :lol: 

st johnstone are on a good run unbeaten in 10  i think  also they got rid of their lennon loving manager so hopefully they will make an effort to win  unlike in past games

35 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

What's Jack's issue? 

I also not he says possible 1 or 2 signings in January I suspect 1 will be cb cover 

be surprised if we go for another cb   we have 4 at the moment if you count edmundson also bassey showed last sunday that he can play there if we are stuck also katic  to come back eventually

19 minutes ago, billscott said:

st johnstone are on a good run unbeaten in 10  i think  also they got rid of their lennon loving manager so hopefully they will make an effort to win  unlike in past games

I think right now any team should be fancying chances against them and their backline. 

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Why is there no thread on Ryan Jack injured again or do we just pick on players we don’t like such as Zungu whose been out for the grand total of 5 days

Needs to leave in the summer, can't be relied on over the course of a season. 

1-2 in is interesting. I can't see it being anything other than Middleton, Jones, Stewart all away on loan and someone coming in for the right hand up front berth.

Unless we collapse again in February and March and blow it again, next summer window is exciting. It will really be the first time since 2000-2001/2001-2002 we are in a position where we are either upgrading on an already successful team, or replacing players that have attracted moves.

Listening to that Gerrard interview and he made a really good point.

It's one I've never considered before talking about Benfica & Liege in that a good team with really good players will work away at you then grind you down until they can pick holes in you then punish you when you're drained physically and mentally.

That is what Benfica done to us to get draws against us.

Last night we done that to Liege because (my words now) in the end, looking back, despite not playing well and being ropey most of the game, we did run out comfortable in the end when you consider we should have scored another 3/4 goals if it wasn't for Roofe being through and hitting it right off the goalkeeper then another 2/3 top class saves from their keeper and us in return only limiting them to a couple of further half chances (even if watching the game in real time those wee half-chances and any possession they've got in our final third it seems exaggerated as you're shitting it but when you reflect back and watch some of it again you see it slightly differently).

Regards Ryan Jack I think Arfield, Airbo, Davis, Kamara are all vastly superior players to him but I think we missed him last night and against Benfica last week because for the European games he keeps the ball really well. I've felt the last 2 games we've not really been great at holding onto the ball when it's midfield taking it from defence and playing out. Horses for courses and I think Jack's good for us in European games for that sort of role and it lifts an awful lot of pressure off the team in doing so.

If it were upto me, my team for Sunday ...

McGregor

Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic 

Arfield Davis Kamara 

Roofe Defoe Kent

Happy to give Defoe a run out but I wouldn't hesitate on bringing Morelos on even at half-time if things aren't going our way.

Good to see SG talking about focus as I think that could be our biggest danger playing these kind of teams . 

Win and that 14 point gap puts real the pressure on them later on in the day , hopefully too much for them.  

Archived