Bottlers

GOAT

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Because generally the club paying more, with better players, spending more on new signings do better overca season than others. As has been proven until something changes that which hopefully is this season.

Folk saying we bottled it 7/7 serm to be saying just that. How else do you describe that term used unless there was an expectation to win them all?

We are Rangers, we will win trophies. A defeat tonight isn't definitively turning our season upside down. The reality is its mid December and our only defeat. Time will tell how damaging if at all but the number of folk who have imploded is fucking mental give our league and European positions.

Defeats like this in our previous 2 seasons under this manager have turned them season upside down. Remember a very short time ago a defeat against Hearts in a quarter final almost seen him walk.

I genuinely hope history doesn't repeat itself but right now history is all we have to go by with this manager.

Big errors have been made tonight. Errors that will now take a long time to recover from. 

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Bottled it by losing to serial bottlers/losers Aberdeen in the semi and quarters of the cups.

Bottled it by shitting the bed after beating the tarriers, and unsurprisingly getting back to a run of wins when it was over.

So yes, bottlers. Same for last season. 

Until a trophy is won we’ll be bottlers/losers.

And you laugh about sense of entitlement 😆

Have a look at the league table and European position. Bottlers and serial losers with one defeat mid December.

Fucking bonkers.

16 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They've been shite this season so far yet only bottled one domestic trophy so far.

We have been outstanding at times and bottled one domestic trophy so far.

They don't have scars from previous seasons.

We do.

For our support to start call them bottlers is fucking ridiculous. Really fucking stupid.

You obviously didn’t read my post properly, either that or you deliberately misunderstood it.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Aye, and cos we've not we should just wrote this season off too gibmven a mid December defeat in the cup means the league is fucked.

Its a first defeat. Time will tell what level of impact it has on the season but fuck sake it proves nothing. Though me now getting you expect to win every game, every comp, every season I now get why you've crumbled and they're all bottlers to you.

Who’s wrote the season off?

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Defeats like this in our previous 2 seasons under this manager have turned them season upside down. Remember a very short time ago a defeat against Hearts in a quarter final almost seen him walk.

I genuinely hope history doesn't repeat itself but right now history is all we have to go by with this manager.

Big errors have been made tonight. Errors that will now take a long time to recover from. 

History would have seen no progress in Europe. History would have seen us beaten in the league by now. History would have seen us with a lesser point advantage in the league. History wouldn't havecm seen us record such string goal difference stats 

If its selective history though then yeah OK.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Have a look at the league table and European position. Bottlers and serial losers with one defeat mid December.

Fucking bonkers.

Aye, it’s embarrassing. Hibs/St Johnstone/Livi/St Mirren will have won a trophy in Scotland before Gerrard. We probably spent more on Roofe than all 4 combined in that time but sense of entitlement :sarcasm: 

We were in a good position two seasons in a row, one defeat in the league last season at this point, 2 draws, meant fuck all by March.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Plenty on various threads.

You said I’ve wrote it off and even reading this most haven’t wrote it off we’ve called this current squad bottlers and the last few seasons stats back that up.  Come may if we’re champions and Scottish cup winners, as I said share this thread to laugh at, I pray you do. 

Next 5 games are decisive now.

If this squad wants to send a message. They need to win all 5.

If we do that we'll be a minimum of 19 ahead. they'llll have 3 games in hand, so could reduce it to 10.

Would leave us with 16 games to play and in a great position.

Have to admit... I've got my doubts after tonight... Really hope we don't throw this away

4 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Name names.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Fucking bonkers.

1 hour ago, The No.9 said:

Gutted with tonight its was dreadful but people need to overreact at the end of this season not during or at the very least when things are a lot worst etc.

In our 54 league titles wins only 7 of them have came with a treble, only 18 iirc have been with a double.

Nothing is over yet.

1 hour ago, Robmc1 said:

An uncharacteristic performance in comparison to our play in all competitions this season, can’t believe some of the nonsense I’ve been reading mate. Hugely disappointing but let’s see how we get on with our league business at the weekend. I do think the front line does have to start contributing more but I’ll take tonight on the chin and hopefully come May tonight won’t matter and will be well forgotten...

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

Fuckin calm down a get the devastation btw feeling that way myself but its a massive fortnight of football ahead we find ourselves in a fantastic position still. 

Saturday Wednesday and next Saturday is huge tho

1 hour ago, sco22y said:

There are many harsh reactions tonight by good honest speaking supporters of our club. I, myself have been looking for our manager's interview (which I have yet to see) to find what he says for himself. However, I look back fondly to four hours ago when we were probably one of the most form teams in world football. And as pissed off as I am I know I should shut the fuck up (mental thoughts) and calm down and look forward to Saturday. 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

No idea if it's been posted already. 

No surprise to see the usual clowns on here playing that result down either. 

I'll assume that's me 😆. Good to see you posting a lot more again. Shame its taken til tonight for some strange reason.

If it is me, I'm not playing down the result. Its dreadful and a kick in the baws. Players and management deserve full criticism. My point is that it doesn't evidence them being bottlers this season, not when its the first season defeat. Time will show if they are. I guess if folk expect us to win every game and will call them bottlers as soon as they don't then its easy to get to that conclusion.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

History would have seen no progress in Europe. History would have seen us beaten in the league by now. History would have seen us with a lesser point advantage in the league. History wouldn't havecm seen us record such string goal difference stats 

If its selective history though then yeah OK.

Trophies are history.

Everything else isn't. 

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So really you're saying tonight's OP was getting posted once defeated regardless of opposition, or competition, or circumstance until we won the league cup and league.

Thats pretty fucking ridiculous as an expectation for teams to go on such an unbeaten run. But aye bottlers ffs.

It was unfortunately. Our first defeat of the season was always going to be blown out of proportion on here and all of the previous good results forgotten. It is mainly based upon our poor form January onwards over the last two seasons. 

We won't progress by looking back at our past failures, we will progress by evolving into a better and stronger team who look to the future. 

20 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Still canny believe that result to be honest.

Me neither. Feeling nervy as well cause I did not think the performance against scumdee utd was that good. Expected us to murder them.

I thought we toiled at times. Tonight was a continuation of that IMHO. I am defo worried about the backbone of our players in the face of well organized cluggers and grafters. We will do well in Europe. No doubt. And against the scum. 

We don't like it in our face by the look of it tho. 

Have to hope for a familiar mid 3  on Saturday and that it makes the difference.

Archived