Bottlers

GOAT

2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

1 loss kickstarted an enormous spiral out of control last season. It shouldn't be understated the potential damage losing in the manner we did tonight might have on our immediate future.

So confirmed bottlers of potential bottlers?

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fully understand the posters questioning our mentality to "get over the line". To win a trophy. Totally get that after so many disappointments/pumping in recent history. 

Especially after the last 10 years but we have been fucking outstanding this season.

I believe it's coming home this season. 

Just now, GabrielTomato said:

Did we not do better than celtic last year and they beat us in the League?

This 'little league' means everything to me. 

It does to me too but that’s because my team play in it. It’s still a corrupt mess of a league at this moment of time. 

33 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

Did we "bottle" it when we went behind against liege  ...twice?

Or 2 nil down against Braga last season. 

I remember Walter's teams getting pumped 3 times in one week at Ibrox from them, Falkirk FFS then AEK. Pumped out 2 cups in 7 days.

Were his teams bottlers too?

I fully understand how massive tonight was and how it could affect our season. 

But it won't. Previous 27 games this season tell me that.

Europe is a different ball game . The pressure is off the players completely compared to domestically hence why we have our best consistent performances in Europe.

no we didn’t bottle it against braga but we did in the St Johnstone , hearts and Hamilton games around the same time 

Gutted with tonight its was dreadful but people need to overreact at the end of this season not during or at the very least when things are a lot worst etc.

In our 54 league titles wins only 7 of them have came with a treble, only 18 iirc have been with a double.

Nothing is over yet.

1 hour ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

How many of you howling at the moon fannies have actually experienced a title race, our support is pathetic online .

An uncharacteristic performance in comparison to our play in all competitions this season, can’t believe some of the nonsense I’ve been reading mate. Hugely disappointing but let’s see how we get on with our league business at the weekend. I do think the front line does have to start contributing more but I’ll take tonight on the chin and hopefully come May tonight won’t matter and will be well forgotten...

2 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

Gutted with tonight its was dreadful but people need to overreact at the end of this season not during or at the very least when things are a lot worst etc.

In our 54 league titles wins only 7 of them have came with a treble, only 18 iirc have been with a double.

Nothing is over yet.

Mate when we win the league this season tonight will be forgotten but i am still extremely disappointed with tonight.

5 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

It does to me too but that’s because my team play in it. It’s still a corrupt mess of a league at this moment of time. 

Total deflection because I couldn't imagine anything better than winning 55.

Accountability lies with the players and management tonight, as it has done in the last 8 domestic trophies under Gerrard. 

14 minutes ago, GOAT said:

It’s not one loss.  It’s five cup losses and two league losses.  

Fair point regarding Gerrard's time with us. 

My point is how can anyone call this team bottlers after our performances this season? 

Just now, RS4_wul said:

My point is how can anyone call this team bottlers after our performances this season? 

I’m beginning to think your taking the cunt now tbh.  You’ve just answered your own question. 

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

League has been far from over all season yet this place has been full of Muppets declaring it over.

On the flip side it's equally mad to call them bottlers for losing one game in over 2500 hours of football.

I must have missed the 1600+ game unbeaten run...😉

Just now, RS4_wul said:

More to do with how it's come at the same time as our other annual collapses after good starts to the season. 

The trend since Gerrard has managed us has been like this. Get to January the 3rd undefeated in the league and we might be able to shake that trend. 

9 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

The team are confirmed bottlers for me given last seasons.

Some unbeaten run this season for  bottlers.

Hopefully they show more resilience and fortitude than on here where some have near conceded the league due to a cup defeat.

1 minute ago, RS4_wul said:

Because a team isn’t judged on winning runs, clean sheet records or scoring most goals in the league.

Teams are judged on how many trophies they win.

0/7 for Gerrard and some in this team.

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Some unbeaten run this season for  bottlers.

Hopefully they show more resilience and fortitude than on here where some have near conceded the league due to a cup defeat.

I understand where people are coming from. That was a honking performance tonight. And I fully accept it wasn't good enough and it's another trophy gone but we have been outstanding this season. 

Archived