Bottlers

GOAT

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think we bottled it at all. Sure there is a couple in the team who don t like the physical stuff, but there was still plenty in the the team to win that game.

Individual errors cost us. They played like their lives depended on it. Think we underestimated the oppo, as the team were't prepared for it. A couple of wrong team selections and we ended up masters of our own downfall. That taig infested pish weren't doing prisoners and the ref didn't help. Gerrard has put it down to himself.

I seriously doubt that this is the start of any rot setting in and we will be back to title winning form at the weekend. Maybe a wee shock that we needed and better it was is in the cup.

Just now, tm91 said:

Woke up today still raging.

You knows Warburton got us to more cup finals then Gerrard has? With less time, not counting the Challenge Cup.

That's a shocking stat. Gerrard's cup record is shocking. Very much like Liverpool's ironically. Outwith Europe, mediocre.

Wit? :lol:

See when people need to make shite up its worth just stopping altogether 

28 minutes ago, tm91 said:

You knows Warburton got us to more cup finals then Gerrard has? With less time.

That's a shocking stat. Gerrard's cup record is shocking. Very much like Liverpool's ironically. Outwith Europe, mediocre.

It’s just too weird how his domestic and European records are polar opposite .

It genuinely can’t continue 

2 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

Woke up this morning still unable to get my head around how we've shat our pants three seasons in a row. 

Come on , but a bit of perspective.  

If we lose a couple more games and the tarrier game in January you may have a point , but its just one game , as disappointing as that is .

Let's see how the team reacts before pushing the panic button . 

10 hours ago, BlueAvenger said:

Great opportunity to go on and win silverware and we fucked it again tonight. The league is far from over and the next month or so concern me. Hope to fuck the manager and players are up for it.

10 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I think everyone thought this cup was ours. Can't hide it's an absolute kick in the balls to fail again. We're going to get a lot of shite for it. 

It's now seeing how we respond come Saturday. Hopefully this turns out to be one bad game and we turn it around quickly.  One game at a time. 

I agree with all that and we need to show this time we can recover from a really bad loss.

I must admit to still feeling very disappointed still this morning. You would have thought by now SG/players would know going to play any way game in Scotland is never easy and many of them like last night have a number of players who manage to raise their game because they are playing a team they hate and especially when the team they support has been having a bad time.

Rotating players away in Europe is easier than at home IMO, most teams we play in that competition are just playing a team not a hated team by their players.   

Thankfully we have the next game on Sat and not have to wait to Sunday to see what the reaction of our players will be.  

15 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Come on , but a bit of perspective.  

If we lose a couple more games and the tarrier game in January you may have a point , but its just one game , as disappointing as that is .

Let's see how the team reacts before pushing the panic button . 

I posted earlier this morning ( I think it was in this thread ) saying I didn't expect us to go the season unbeaten and my concern was always how we react to a loss, but this team's track record of coping with pressure doesn't fill me with confidence that we won't drop more than a few points before we meet the filth in January. 

18 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I posted earlier this morning ( I think it was in this thread ) saying I didn't expect us to go the season unbeaten and my concern was always how we react to a loss, but this team's track record of coping with pressure doesn't fill me with confidence that we won't drop more than a few points before we meet the filth in January. 

You seem to be assuming that the beggars won't drop points. 

There's a bigger shitshow going on across the city.

1 hour ago, tm91 said:

You knows Warburton got us to more cup finals then Gerrard has? With less time.

Warburton was closer to winning a cup than Gerrard has ever been. Sad but true.

11 hours ago, GA1972 said:

This was fuck all to do with Morelos 

His actions had no impact on this and him not being on the pitch had no impact on us conceding 3 soft goals against St Mirren 

He likely wouldn’t have played tonight regardless of whether he got suspended anyway 

We will see, I have watched the last 2 seasons when morale has been effected by one person's actions.

Im not saying that is the cause it just seems to me that Morelos does crazy things at this time of year and the team then start to lose or draw games........that happened last night whether you, me or anyone else disagrees.

If things start looking less than Rosy from this point I don't think it's beyond reason that Alfredo could have a part in that.

Hopefully I'm talking utter shite and we are all smiling at the end of the season.

6 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

You seem to be assuming that the beggars won't drop points. 

There's a bigger shitshow going on across the city.

Everyone seems to have forgotten this since last night. 

The last couple of seasons when this happened we were already playing catch up and they were relatively comfortable. They are anything but comfortable atm

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

And thats the second Scottish trophy in a row , we have been knocked out without Alfredo being in the side .

2 ways of looking at it .

1 he is absolutely unreliable and we should cut our losses asap 

2 . We are still reliant on the guy for his undoubted talent 

Seems to be at least one a season to be fair.

Remember the Sadiq sheep game as well because he was missing?

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Everyone seems to have forgotten this since last night. 

The last couple of seasons when this happened we were already playing catch up and they were relatively comfortable. They are anything but comfortable atm

Aye they have suddenly became world beaters again:lol: 

Some right mad bastards in our support, go on about the team lacking bottle and the league being fucked after we drop out of a cup competition but remain unbeaten in the league and Europe. Cunts are absolutely petrified of the worst celtic team in years:lol:

A bit of perspective required. If we won last night and went on to lift the cup, but missed out on the league, would fans be saying how great it was to win our first piece of siverware?

I really don't think so. It's the league that matters. If we go on to win the league and cup, then last night will become a bit anoying as it could have been a treble.

However all that happened last night was our lead in the league is still intact but our first piece of silverware has been delayed.

Bottlers - absolutely not.

We could and perhaps should have been 2 or 3 up after 30 mins. It was complacency that undid us. It was looking too easy.

It is that complacency we have to guard against. Once we took our foot off the gas we were screwed. A lesson that I trust the manager is hammering home this morning.

20 minutes ago, The Blues said:

Nothing to do with bottle. We had the bottle to get back in it but then defended two high balls part of the reason being our inability to predict McGregors ouch out and Balagon not being on the park.

This makes sense.

Sometimes you have to credit the opposition, they could easily have tried to see it out after conceding the late leveller and try take it to penalties but they had a go and got their reward. 

A lot of people at the start of the season (myself included) would happily have sacrificed the 2 cups and Europe to secure the league title. We are well in front in the league (but it's far from insurmountable) and are unbeaten in Europe so i'm still more than happy overall.

Archived