Average rangers players you loved

stevemac

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Inigo said:

WC semi finalist, CL finalist, 78 Sweden caps. Definition of average is getting wilder by the hour.

Whoa settle down there chap!!! I thought the guy was okay for us but I can assure you not all of the Rangers fans thought the same. 

5 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Whoa settle down there chap!!! I thought the guy was okay for us but I can assure you not all of the Rangers fans thought the same. 

Them's the facts, old boy.

Just now, Inigo said:

Them's the facts, old boy.

It’s also a fact my ears were ringing from the dogs abuse jocky was receiving from behind me in the stands on a european night... he wasn’t liked by all bears and he only stayed for 2 seasons iirc. 

1 minute ago, kelvd1873 said:

It’s also a fact my ears were ringing from the dogs abuse jocky was receiving from behind me in the stands on a european night... he wasn’t liked by all bears and he only stayed for 2 seasons iirc. 

None of which makes him an average player. 

Although for my money they were wrong. Bjorklund wasn't brilliant, but he wasn't average. He was good for us. Had a few outstanding OF games in particular.

7 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He wasn’t the best. Worked hard and was a very strong runner. Limited ability definitely.

If he hadn’t had left when PLG came in I suspect Walter would have used him a lot, especially in Europe. 

Figo liked Namouchi

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Football:+FIGO:+OUR+RESERVES+CAN+BEAT+RANGERS.-a0139457740

26 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

This is an absolute classic in the genre of tabloid sports articles that sound like literally every word of every quote has been invented in the pub. 

I liked Alec Cleland a lot. 

I thought Edu was a much better player than a lot gave him credit for, but he had very patchy form. When he was on song he was much better than average, and that goal is still one of the best moments I have ever had watching Rangers. 

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Fuck it.

Wouldn’t ever go as far as saying loved but Windass. Shite first season as a centre mid, but as an attacking midfielder/striker he done well. A lot better than most will say he was.

Him and Hagi are similar, moments players.

Couldn't argue with Windass' numbers, but he rarely passed the eye test imo.

Jason Cummings - Probably showed the state of affairs we were at when he was the signing that was wanted. But I liked him

Jason Holt - The wee man just ran about daft and scored some good goals. Especially the game against Hibs in Warburton's first season

Filip Sebo - Never wanted someone to score against celtic more than him the day he missed 2 or 3 great chances

On 29/12/2020 at 17:09, Orange and Blue said:

Jean Claude Darcheville6f18520516475edd61e6f1a9c21c956f.thumb.jpg.96a224744cf4e890d342683d9fcb06bf.jpgI liked this guy average but had big heart and gave his all.

Darcheville wasn't average, we just got him in the twilight of his career which had stalled due to appalling personal circumstances.    We'd been after him for years before we finally signed him and that salute always humbled me in respect of his strength of character.

On 29/12/2020 at 22:39, JamieD said:

I liked Alec Cleland a lot. 

I thought Edu was a much better player than a lot gave him credit for, but he had very patchy form. When he was on song he was much better than average, and that goal is still one of the best moments I have ever had watching Rangers. 

A goal that sparked everyone in Cardiff True Blues into doing the Love Train because he looked like one of the O’Jays.

Archived