Last time we ended a celtic title run

They Gnu

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are better and more balanced all around the park if we are on form. Assuming Kent plays and rediscovers his best (what better opportunity could the lad be given), I reckon we take them comfortably. Really want Helander in rather than Balogan tomorrow. Like Kent, he shines in this fixture and Goldson seems to play better when he's alongside Helander. 2-0 to the good guys

They'll see our midfield as our weak point, important we hold the ball from the kick off and set our own tempo in that area, we have the confidence to grind them down. 

We have plenty of options still, but would be expecting a big performance from Davis in this game, but might need someone else in the middle to step up to the mark. 

25 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Tbf they're healthier in terms of squad than they have been in several previous OF games. There won't be players flung in for OF debuts like Burke, Walsh, Johnston etc were. Whilst a couple of players are out, most of their squad is available this time. I expect them stronger than they've shown in midfield, dangerous up front. Their keeper and full backs plus Duffy if he plays is where we need to use our strength in Kent, Roofe and Morelos getting at them.

Turnball,zorro and the Greek dud could all be starting in their first OF game and none of them are world beaters. They’ve beat Hamilton and Ross county(bottom of league) and lower league hearts and people are bigging them up especially on here. They’re a shite team with a shite manager and we are on an unbelievable run yet people are fucking panicking.

35 minutes ago, tannerall said:

This.

We need to be throwing our big guys in to the box and pressurising Duffy and the goalie big time. 

Wonder if Gerrard is considering playing Balogun as a DM in front of Goldson and Helander.

1. He could mop up and allow others in minefield to attack with a bit more freedom.

2. He can put real pressure on their  keeper at corners and set pieces, and

3.  We have an extra CH to defend corners as Duffy, for all he is a donkey, is a threat at set pieces.

We could also go three at the back in game if need be.

15 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Turnball,zorro and the Greek dud could all be starting in their first OF game and none of them are world beaters. They’ve beat Hamilton and Ross county(bottom of league) and lower league hearts and people are bigging them up especially on here. They’re a shite team with a shite manager and we are on an unbelievable run yet people are fucking panicking.

Who is panicking? 😁

I'm not bigging them up tbf. Their inexperienced players this time are getting games at present. My main point is that they won't need to rely on gambles like they have done, their team and bench will be stronger. And thats not to suggest I think they'll win, more that there may not be as many passengers / deer in headlights filling their jerseys as has happened in recent times.

Edit.

I think their bench will be significantly stronger than ours. Hopefully they need to look to theirs whereas we don't.

9 minutes ago, beararse said:

Wonder if Gerrard is considering playing Balogun as a DM in front of Goldson and Helander.

1. He could mop up and allow others in minefield to attack with a bit more freedom.

3.  We have an extra CH to defend corners as Duffy, for all he is a donkey, is a threat at set pieces.

Its an option but hopefully he's learned from previous mistakes. Go strong, go with what we're used to and what's worked til now, let them change formations to counter us not vice versa.

1 hour ago, Griffin Peterson said:

Im really nervous already. A win would be glorious. A draw is better for us. 

Obviously you mean if it ends in a draw it’s better for us than them. Surprised so many people have misunderstood your post 🤣

26 minutes ago, beararse said:

I'll guarantee you this thought hasn't crossed Gerrard's mind for a second, thank fuck

If I remember right,the celebrations back in 1975, were curtailed by an over heavy police presence at Easter road.The walk back from Leith to Waverley Station was patrolled by Edinburgh police with Alsations on short leads within biting distance of the fans. No chance of a proper celebration or drink.  On the train back though we celebrated but without drink.

When we got back to Glasgow, dear old Glesga toon was ours again, and I have no memory at all of how I eventually arrived home that night.

I've been spoilt as a Gers fan, glory, trophies, bragging rights, enjoyed the lot. 

But one of the reasons I will enjoy this one is it will give those who have supported us once again through the bad years the opportunity to enjoy that magical feeling of winning the league and reminding the world of who we are. 

(Selfish bastard though will be celebrating it myself as if I am King Of The World :thumbsup:

47 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

😁

I think their bench will be significantly stronger than ours. Hopefully they need to look to theirs whereas we don't.

I can't agree with this part mate. Do you really think they'll have significantly stronger players on their bench than Itten, Hagi (current form), Balogun, McGlaughlin, Bassey and Zungu?

Obviously I'm basing that on my expected starting line up.

Each of those 6 players I've mentioned has played a part in our fantastic run this season while their bench tomorrow will have players who have contributed to their terrible form since we beat them back in October.

Edit - fuck I forgot Defoe as well who can do a job if we need him to. 

27 minutes ago, Dado'sMulls said:

I'll guarantee you this thought hasn't crossed Gerrard's mind for a second, thank fuck

Harsh but true @Dado'sMulls  

Davis will be sitting in there, in front of the two at the back, bit might need someone else to step up in the middle. 

If we don't have a suspect ref allowing them to take the usual liberties with that cunt Brown in the middle, the game might open up, and it could be Kamara's big opportunity to boss the game. 

Archived