C*ltc

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers stadium 'bomb hoax phoned into Ibrox during celtic game'

James Doherty, from Northern Ireland, allegedly phoned the stadium during May 2019’s Old Firm match.

A man from Northern Ireland rang Ibrox as celtic were losing to Rangers to report a bomb at the stadium - a court has heard.

James Joseph Doherty, from Carnhill in Londonderry, is charged with making the bomb hoax during an Old Firm derby on May 12 2019.

Rangers won the Scottish Premiership encounter 2-0 with goals from James Tavernier and Scott Arfield.

The case was mentioned during a sitting of Derry Magistrates' Court on Monday.

A defence lawyer outlined the allegation against 34-year-old Doherty.

He said: "It's a hoax bomb case where the allegation is that celtic were getting beat, he rang Ibrox and said there was a bomb at the stadium.

"I don't think it affected the result, if my memory is right."

The solicitor said his client had made "admissions at interview" and suggested a guilty plea was likely.

:furious:

4 hours ago, ayrshireranger said:

Laxalt may look like a twat, but he is a quality player. TBH a vg signing if they get him. 

I dont know if he will handle the Scottish game though, esp an OF match at 100mph.

I don't know anything about him but if he's as good as you say, they've addressed the weak areas in their team better than we have this window.

We got slagged off for loans in SG’s first season here yet most signings they make are loans because they’ve spunked millions on duds that don’t make their squad or sit on the bench. Yet they’re lauded up regularly as a great scouting packages because they’ve been lucky with the likes of Wagamama, Van Dickhead and Dumbellend. 

They have to play a loanee at LB because c. £6m of a spend in that area isn’t good enough. 

9 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Heart and hand it suggest this scum signing is absolute horse shit

He's a workhorse. Like Tav he will bomb up and down the pitch for 90 minutes without breaking a sweat. His strengths are his runs from deep and he's pretty good with the ball at his feet.  

Where I think he might struggle is the lack of space and time you get on the ball. Hopefully he doesn't settle quickly.

Archived