Kemar Roofe charged by SFA (2 Match Ban Confirmed)

CooperSF

20 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I can only speak for myself here and yes if it was reversed I would be saying the exact same thing as I originally posted. 50/50 Zero Intent. 

Football is still a contact sport. These collisions happen. 

The comments from the St Johnstone manager have been ignored. And he was a player who never shirked a 50/50 tackle. 

Endangerment and not intent seems to be the new charge 

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

There is a CO. Whyte said she would stay until a successor was in place to ensure a smooth transition but her aim was to leave the post in the new year. It's either her or her successor.

A journo recently stated she had left, didn't sound like a successor yet in place. She had something else lined up, doubt she'd wait as long as Feb if the SFA were slow to act.

I think it was a tweet in relation to action not being taken for the Dubai debacle.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

A journo recently stated she had left, didn't sound like a successor yet in place. She had something else lined up, doubt she'd wait as long as Feb if the SFA were slow to act.

Aye she had something else lined up, lennons job, but the stubborn fenian bastard isnt quitting 😅

1 minute ago, Robmc1 said:

Think there’s no dispute re the tackle potentially causing injury, the frustration is borne from the ‘co’ process having no transparency, statistically penalising our team more than any other and ignoring just as bad if not worse incidents from other teams...

for fuck sake how many times have I got to say I know exactly what the problem is - I posted footage earlier on showing dangerous challenges that were never cited 

2 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

The ref is simply going to lie when stuff like this is put to him. If they didn’t they would then be slated as incompetent for seeing it fully but not dealing with it properly.

Its far easier for them just to claim they didn’t see it because a leg or a blade of grass was blocking their view.

I agree there’s a definite opportunity for them to lie to cover their own fuck ups but at the review I’d like to think a bit of honesty comes into it especially if they other match day refs are putting their names to obvious lies.

The videos posted here remind us all of the blatant one sided corruption that is going on. It boils yer blood when you compare like for like cases and yet we are the ones on the receiving time and again. They’ve realised null and void aint going to happen so here’s one way of ‘getting’ us. 

We really have to go to war against these bastards at the SFA. :furious:

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Depends how you perceive accidental.

Lunging and being determined to put your foot where you want it to go, regardless of others likely to do so at a similar time, for me means its not accidental. Nor is it intentional he meant to stamp into the player's shin.

Too much negligence for me in how he went about the challenge to deem it accidental.

I must be an enemy too.

He's gone to shield the ball and caught the player - it's accidental.

You already know that, though.

55 minutes ago, Bill8972 said:

So far this season in the SPFL there has been 3945 fouls committed, 297 by us and 439 yellow cards, 21 by us.  Out of them only 4 have been charged retrospectively with violent conduct by the compliance officer, 2 x Morelos, 1 x Roofe and 1 x Holt (Livingston). 

It's quite a coincidence that they found three they could charge retrospectively with violent conduct out of 297 fouls committed by us, but only managed to find one out of 3648 fouls committed by the rest of the league put together!

So in other words we generate only 4.8% of yellow cards but get charged in 75% of all retrospective cases! Corrupt to the fckn core!!!

33 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

There is no CO anymore?

Rangers forward Kemar Roofe faces a two-match ban after being charged retrospectively with violent conduct.

Roofe, 28, was booked for a lunge at St Johnstone's Murray Davidson in the Scottish Premiership leaders' 1-0 win on Wednesday.

But a panel of three former referees have deemed the tackle breached Scottish FA disciplinary rule 200.

The panel of three should be named, if they are passing judgments in the same capacity as CW did?

Is PL being considered for the CO position?

3 hours ago, frenv said:

"Fast Track Notice of Complaint | Kemar Roofe, Player, Rangers FC
Friday 5 February 2021
Player: Kemar Roofe, Rangers FC

Match: Rangers FC v St Johnstone FC

Date: Wednesday 3 February 2021

Competition: Scottish Premiership

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 200: Where any one of the sending off offences of (A1) serious foul play, (A2) violent conduct, and (A3) spitting at an opponent or any other person is committed by a player at a match, but that sending off offence was not seen by any of the match officials at the time that it was committed, the mandatory suspension for that sending off offence as provided for in Annex C of the Judicial Panel Protocol shall be applied to the player.

Any Fast Track Notice of Complaint alleging a breach of this Rule shall be Determined by a Fast Track Tribunal subject to the provisions of Section 13.

Fast Track Tribunal Hearing: Tuesday 9 February 2021"

The ref issued a yellow...

That is what I cannot understand, how can they say that when he gave a yellow card, it just makes no sense.

If they said the Ref looked at it after the game and decided it should have been a red then at least that would make sense, what they have said is just silly and not true. Wankers. 

8 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

😂

Keevins was one of those bastards in 2011/12 that was giving it big licks about the scum feeling there was bias in the refs and the system then . He pushed the "needing transparancy " shite to fuck back then . As others did . They got rid of Dougie McDonald , the got the refs to strike .

Now the same cunt , says he is having none of the conspiracy talk on the new compliance process :hmmm:

He makes it up as he goes along at best , or he is biased old bastard .

53 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

If it was “end off” we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Its not end off if it’s dragged back up through trial by tv when many similar tackles go unpunished.

I fully accept he will get a ban. I don’t accept that others haven’t for equivalent offences 

That’s exactly the point mate.

Although I do have an issue when the ref’s dealt with it, but if they’re the rules...

But the focus must be on getting the equivalent treatment for our rivals, principally the outfit that gets just as much tv coverage as we do.

No excuse for them evading sanction as much as they do.

20 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

for fuck sake how many times have I got to say I know exactly what the problem is - I posted footage earlier on showing dangerous challenges that were never cited 

Obviously mate I never saw your post, the post I did read came across otherwise. Been amazed how many people have not taken this on board though..,

35 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

It’s fine having a panel of three ex referees to review it, but if there is no CO anymore then who cites players to begin with?

That's a massive story that no-one is reporting on. If there's no-one qualified to pass judgement then do these punishments/fines stand?

Archived