Dave King on his prediction

1 minute ago, Gman36 said:

This is where I think Gerrard is in some ways the perfect manager for this situation. He probably still wakes up during the night occasionally thinking about what could have been at Liverpool. He knows how it feels to have a title within reach but not quite make it. So he won't let complacency set in as we edge ever closer to winning the league. 

We need to keep our heads down and grind out the wins each week in the league as much as we can. Forget the europa league etc. The league is all important and until its mathematically impossible we have to keep it in mind its not won and every game is vitally important. 

Had a chat with a scouser the other week. He is both surprised and impressed with Gerrard and his general demeanour as a manager. He thought he'd be more exuberant - but I think you're correct, he's experienced the horror of falling off a cliff with the League so close and he doesn't want to go through that again, even as a manager. And he has learned from his "celebrations" at the Piggery and on one or two other occasions - it means nothing without the silverware at the end of the game/season.

Don't agree with you on Europe, the more the merrier!

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Could be wrong, but was it not meant more along the lines of we and they would return to winning it as though we were suits in a shuffled pack, rather than anything to do with a house of cards? It's just that it's now been misquoted so often.

Red, black, black, red, black, red, black, red, red...

Only if we are red, and the sequence is repeated ad nauseam! Could just about live with that.

23 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Could be wrong, but was it not meant more along the lines of we and they would return to winning it as though we were suits in a shuffled pack, rather than anything to do with a house of cards? It's just that it's now been misquoted so often.

Red, black, black, red, black, red, black, red, red...

Yes, exactly that. It was about needing one league title to make the league competitive again, he went on to reference Martin O’Neill’s side doing that to us when we thought we would never be caught.

He said take one title away from Celtic and it becomes a pack of cards. The original interview where it came from misquoted him in the headline saying ‘Celtic will fold like a pack of cards’ and it went from there.

1 hour ago, MacBoyd said:

Think we need to come through the next 2 at home unscathed personally or things could get slightly edgy.

Unfortunately I'm with you on this amigo.if we had won sunday I may be a bit more relaxed., but the thought of us chucking it now brings a sick feeling to my stomach like nothing else.ive got a horrible feeling that its gonna go right down to the wire. I hope I'm fuckin so wrong.if st Mirren get something tonight I will believe it's almost over. 

Those on here that know me know I'm being both sincere and pessimistic, but until it is mathematically  impossible for them fuckin mutants to catch us, I will not take anything for granted. We have won nothing yet apart from a lot of back slapping in the media.that could quickly turn as we know.

The players need to stand and be counted. We must pray they do so, because this would be the title of all titles for us all.

No Surrender 

Rab 

The time for this is we when know for sure it is won IMO, yes we should win it, but I cannot after the last few years take anything for granted.

I know I am a boring old cunt but better to keep our powder dry until the right time.

All going to plan the smell of fireworks will be incredible. 

We are all understandably nervous the closer we get to the line. If the situation was reserved and we were 21 behind at this stage we would not be expecting to get close to catching them. We would have given up as they have.

It's just a matter of time. 55 is coming.

40 minutes ago, rab wilson said:

Unfortunately I'm with you on this amigo.if we had won sunday I may be a bit more relaxed., but the thought of us chucking it now brings a sick feeling to my stomach like nothing else.ive got a horrible feeling that its gonna go right down to the wire. I hope I'm fuckin so wrong.if st Mirren get something tonight I will believe it's almost over. 

Those on here that know me know I'm being both sincere and pessimistic, but until it is mathematically  impossible for them fuckin mutants to catch us, I will not take anything for granted. We have won nothing yet apart from a lot of back slapping in the media.that could quickly turn as we know.

The players need to stand and be counted. We must pray they do so, because this would be the title of all titles for us all.

No Surrender 

Rab 

I have felt for a very long time now that the media have been setting us up for a big fall, and it's been an attempt at taking the squad's eye off the target, IMO the praise for us winning the league started way to early and recent form has most of the support a little on edge, win the next two and get all of the squad available again and I'll sit back a little more at ease until it's finally done, and until that happens only then will I celebrate like never before, before I then give the scum bastards full barrels 

5 hours ago, MorelosRangers said:

Did you read the OPs post? The Record have just quoted a free sample from a podcast.

5 hours ago, scotty1976 said:

DK is no longer on out Board. 

This, all day,does anyone think he would be saying it if he still had a connection to the club ? 

A lot of our former employees do a lot worse, whilst actually getting paid for it in the media.

17 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Majority of the board wanted McInnes. King wanted Gerrard.

King met McInnes once and I assume was unimpressed. He had several conversations with Gerrard so was clearly impressed.

Dave looks at the world from his successful business viewpoint. He is usually correct to do so.

Although he predicted it I think King will have been taken back by the speed of the timplosion. He is still looking ahead and sees the need for further investment to secure our place in the CL group stages and beyond. He has taken a lot of stick over the years but was unwavering with his vision for the club.  We would not be where we are today without him. He deserves hero status.

I agree. I'm not sure about the hero status but would love a pic of King and The Three Bears standing in front of the Castore angel wings. They've certainly earned them. :thumbsup:

Did "The Dave" say whether he is reducing the price on his block of shares to 1872 due to it being diluted by what appears to be a substantial share issue or is he contributing to maintain his %age holding.

Did he take part in last year's share issue as well, cant be sure without going back and checking on the percentages..

Archived