Class And Composure Wins Games.

tannerall

3 minutes ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Has Hagi ever completed 90mims in a Rangers jersey?!

He's a luxury player who is fitting well in to the team, a player with composure and awareness who will produce the big moments when required. 

Not the best player to be holding a 1-0 lead with with 10 minutes to go, hence the pattern of usually taking him off for a holding midfielder like Arfield when necessary, and resting him for the next big game.

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

The defence looks absolutely colossal btw, we might not be too sparkling going forwards at the moment but fuck me I don’t even think Killie had a shot today. 

Balogun needs a  bit more time I think, the wee push at the end was never a penalty, but he was caught on the wrong side. 

2 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

The defence looks absolutely colossal btw, we might not be too sparkling going forwards at the moment but fuck me I don’t even think Killie had a shot today. 

I just had a look and we have actually only conceded 1 goal at home in 14 league games. That is next level. It's outrageously good!

Attackers win you games but the Defence wins you titles....

Can smell that 55th title it's so close!

A few of my mates are still calling them shitebags and saying we looked nervous and like we might fuck it at any moment today.

Where do these ideas come from? We were never bothered by Killie today. Complete control.

I think it's more their nerves than anything. Getting all pantywetty and failing to see that it's just them being nervous nellies rather than anything Rangers are doing.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

A few of my mates are still calling them shitebags and saying we looked nervous and like we might fuck it at any moment today.

Where do these ideas come from? We were never bothered by Killie today. Complete control.

I think it's more their nerves than anything. Getting all pantywetty and failing to see that it's just them being nervous nellies rather than anything Rangers are doing.

It's natural jitters with the fans. I'm an old git and I've been nervy. I've not seen us lift the title since 2011, so I can only imagine what it's like for people who've not sen us win anything through their whole teenage/early twenties. I don't think they get that all 'The Helicopter Sundays' and the run in were stroke inducing and not just simply joyous. 

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

wit? We could drop 15 points in the next 9 games and still win on goal difference. 

2 hours ago, tannerall said:

He's a luxury player who is fitting well in to the team, a player with composure and awareness who will produce the big moments when required. 

Not the best player to be holding a 1-0 lead with with 10 minutes to go, hence the pattern of usually taking him off for a holding midfielder like Arfield when necessary, and resting him for the next big game.

I think he's becoming less of a luxury player. He has improved physically and seems happy to put in the hard yards defensively and puts the tackles in.

7 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I think he's becoming less of a luxury player. He has improved physically and seems happy to put in the hard yards defensively and puts the tackles in.

He was actually very good today all round, maybe he's gearing up for the big European nights.

Decent performance, brilliant result. Another step closer to the finishing line. I don’t give a fuck if we have to fall over it s long s we get there. The few deluded Tarriers who were still interested will be fucking gutted. That’s good enough for me, it’s the hope that’s killing them. GIRFUY. 

We have been winning these types of games all year whereas we would maybe have dropped points in the last two season squandering leads. I would say it is more to do with experience and gelling as a group. 

In the last month or so we haven't looked composed at all. Aribo & Kent lose possession too cheaply but today, we looked more like getting back to our old selves. When we play one-touch football with movement we are really good.

3 hours ago, tannerall said:

Balogun needs a  bit more time I think, the wee push at the end was never a penalty, but he was caught on the wrong side. 

The guy is 6 foot and went down like a ton of bricks at the slightest of touches.  It wasnt even a foul let alone the penalty the tarriers seem to be screaming for on social media.

3 hours ago, Inigo said:

How the fuck are we supposed to know where these idiots come from they are your mates.

2 hours ago, DietofWorms said:

It's natural jitters with the fans. I'm an old git and I've been nervy. I've not seen us lift the title since 2011, so I can only imagine what it's like for people who've not sen us win anything through their whole teenage/early twenties. I don't think they get that all 'The Helicopter Sundays' and the run in were stroke inducing and not just simply joyous. 

hahaha this is so true.  Looking back it feels great but I remember absolutely shitting myself at the time.  Not so much on helicopter Sunday as that was just unexpected joy.  But the one when they were away to Killie and us home to Dunfermline I remember being nervous as fuck and swearing at the TV when Dunfermline scored.  Wouldn't swap the memories though, sure De Boer scored a header just as Alan Thomson was blazing a pen over the bar for them.

Archived