Right back options

Ted E Bayer

32 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Balogun will do for me. He's played there before for Brighton and in Germany. Just a case of him getting up to speed again with that position, but he seems quite versatile. 

Listened to his interview the other night, and he seems like a great character that knows what it's all about. Good professional that can only be good for the team spirit. 

He comes across like a really genuine guy any time he does an interview.

I cannot see why he cannot do the job just fine since he has experience from the past in playing RB.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Patterson, irrespective of any SFA punishment will not be playing another game for us this season, and that's if he's lucky. Gerrard seems raging, and rightly so. :headwall:

I know that....

Just letting off a bit of steam as I'm rather angry that he was so stupid and ended up losing the chance of a lifetime!

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

He comes across like a really genuine guy any time he does an interview.

I cannot see why he cannot do the job just fine since he has experience from the past in playing RB.

He's great in interviews and a genuinely likeable guy, who's experience comes across well. A real team player! 

2 minutes ago, terry739 said:

I know that....

Just letting off a bit of steam as I'm rather angry that he was so stupid and ended up losing the chance of a lifetime!

I know what you mean, he's a total idiot. New contract, and unknown to him Tav would get injured. What a chance for him to shine. 

I know he's young and all that, but he's fucked it big time. He should still be professional enough (living his dream) to screw the nut. Plenty time to act the cunt when you've earned your millions and are still relatively young. 

Balogun will do for me, we know he's no slouch so unlikely to get caught out for pace and his extra height over Tav will actually be a bonus in both boxes. Obviously not going to offer anywhere near the same attacking threat but the coaching staff will just have to tweak the midfield to suit. 

Fuck me !! Only on RM, let's go for this guy, no this guy, no someone else. No thought whatsoever given.

For those who said Balogun, you're absolutely correct. He ticks all the boxes on fitness, our style of play, experience, team mates and the Club ethics. To me, he played very well in Belgium and I would have no hesitation in him filling in for Tav.

Only way I can see us bringing someone in from the outside is if we’re eligible for an emergency loan, although not sure how the rules with that work.

Signing a free would mean someone without a club since the summer, the amount of work and time needed to bring them up to fitness would make it pointless at this stage of the season.

3 hours ago, ScottBF2 said:

Any Free Agent would have to quarantine for two week before joining the squad, surely. Be better just giving Balogun the jersey for now.

Agree with this. The chances of getting a quality RB on a free and him settling in so fast are slim.

Would be a waste of a wage and time imo.

Balogun looked comfortable and done well and should retain the position 

my first choice when Tav was injured was Jack who would offer more going forward IMO but no complaints with Balogun who also has a tremendous attitude 

I was surprised at SG mentioning a loan as it would take so long to get up to speed etc. Looking back I think it was a good side swipe at Patterson - you’re not getting a mention because you’ll be suspended you clown, thanks son

10 minutes ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

The main issue with Balogun at RB means we are really short at CB since we sent Edmundson out on loan. I wouldn't be adverse to getting in a backup CB or RB to give us cover. More chance of getting in a CB than a RB.

We also have Simpson for cover at centre half.

In regards to posters saying we'll miss Tav going forward I thought Balogun got forward really well on thursday, and didn't get rushed into making rash decisions etc, in fact if it wasn't for the fact that Tav is our recognized RB on that performance [and if he can keep it up] I'll feel pretty much confident going forward.

3 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I know what you mean, he's a total idiot. New contract, and unknown to him Tav would get injured. What a chance for him to shine. 

I know he's young and all that, but he's fucked it big time. He should still be professional enough (living his dream) to screw the nut. Plenty time to act the cunt when you've earned your millions and are still relatively young. 

Thanks for bringing me back to ground level.......

That's exactly how I feel and see it.

I've thought from the start of this crap that Gerrard might not let him near the first team squad again this season and I would agree with that. Might teach him a lesson in how to behave as a Ranger!

i like Balogun and know he won't let us down.

Archived