One game ban for Gerrard

GOAT

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Sure I just heard on the radio if we appeal the hearing will be on the 25th of March so I assume would be fine for the next 2 matches?Ā 

We dont play domestically until the tarriers game on the 27th March so if he lost appeal would miss that game.Ā 

8 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Won't make any difference to SG. Empty stadium and the bench and players will still hear him fine.

I hopeĀ Morelos givesĀ Ā StevieĀ a dressing down for his antics, fines him a weeks wages, tells him not to take the bait and to show some maturity.Ā :craphead:

Ā 

ED0D90BB-5F05-4FB3-8E87-578A11E264AD.thumb.jpeg.f456e69c0526f68a6eb9d50a09061520.jpeg

1 minute ago, Brubear said:

We dont play domestically until the tarriers game on the 27th March so if he lost appeal would miss that game.Ā 

My mistake, I thought tarriers game was 27th, my sister in laws birthday so was convinced that was the date.Ā 

1 hour ago, Assegai said:

I'd say this is the best outcome - take one match and be in the dugout for the fhilth or fight it on the 25th and be in the dugout both tomorrow and at the fhilth. Fair play to the beaks, they could've tried to take the enjoyment away from Steven out of spite and instead they've given him options. I'm satisfied.

Fair play to them fuck all. He got sent off for correctly calling out Beaton as fucking useless. Whereā€™s Beatonā€™s punishment? He constantly and consistently makes huge errors which change games. Heā€™s not good enough to referee at this level. Thatā€™s the line Rangers should be pushing.Ā 

I genuinelyĀ don't think Gerrard or anyone in the club will care in the slightest about this or give it a second thought going into the game. As others have said he'll easily be able to communicate with the squad from where he will be. Hopefully he'll be able to enjoy watchingĀ a good performance from the DIrector's Box.Ā Ā 

2 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

I genuinelyĀ don't think Gerrard or anyone in the club will care in the slightest about this or give it a second thought going into the game. As others have said he'll easily be able to communicate with the squad from where he will be. Hopefully he'll be able to enjoy watchingĀ a good performance from the DIrector's Box.Ā Ā 

I'm sure the Gaffer being the Gaffer will use it as an opportunity to check on the formation and tactics from a different vantage point.

The Gaffer is relentless in his pursuit of excellenceĀ 

8 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

I must admit there were a few games that I thought Gerrard should sit in the stands to watch games as we as fans saw thing differently at times. Never called for him to go though. In Stevie we trust.Ā 

club statementĀ http://rng.rs/3qmk53A

WE have received an update from the SFA after the hearing regarding the yellow card issued to Alfredo Morelos for simulation.

No one will be surprised that Alfredo Morelosā€™ yellow card has been rescinded and we are pleased to have won this appeal.

We can confirm that we have accepted the one match suspension offered to our Manager.

Rangers Manager, Steven Gerrard commented, ā€œAfter the game, I immediately apologised for my part in the incident at half time in our game v Livingston.

"I reiterate that apology and accept a one game suspension. As a club, we were extremely disappointed in the attitude displayed by the referee.

"We expect to have the ability for managers and officials to have discussion, but frustratingly, the referee was not forthcoming. This has also been noted by other managers in recent weeks.

"After my apology post match, I expected the referee to call to apologise for his part in the incident but I didnā€™t hear from him.

"Ross Wilson had a long, frank and honest discussion with Crawford Allan today. Be in no doubt that our concerns have been made very clear and we are pleased that they were received openly by Crawford.ā€

Archived