Steven Davis signs a new 1 year deal

Probably not going to be popular opinion but unless its on a massively reduced wage then I think its bad business. We would be better investing that wage in a younger player imo for example tying down kamara on a much improved deal.

Thats not a reflection on his performances this season, I've made it clear I've never been his biggest fan but he has been very impressive this season - still cant shoot for shit & shites out of too many 50/50 challenges mind 

In all fairness, he deserves the offer of an extension with the contribution he has made. However, we need far more power, pace and shooting abilities across the team and mainly midfield so the clock is ticking on finding replacements. 

Davo's been excellent this season, he just reads the game better than anyone else. Every manager he's played under calls him a model professional too, so a great role model for the youngsters to look up to and learn from. I think he still has a lot to offer, and i'm happy we've got him tied down for another year - hopefully McGregor follows suit.

4 hours ago, BigBearButt said:

Probably not going to be popular opinion but unless its on a massively reduced wage then I think its bad business. We would be better investing that wage in a younger player imo for example tying down kamara on a much improved deal.

Thats not a reflection on his performances this season, I've made it clear I've never been his biggest fan but he has been very impressive this season - still cant shoot for shit & shites out of too many 50/50 challenges mind 

I hear what you're saying, although don't necessarily agree. It's a good move IMO. We could receive offers this summer for the likes of Kamara and Aribo that we may not want to turn down. Jack's proving to be injury prone, and the opinion is that Zungu may be away. It's crucial therefore that we ensure there's some form of continuity moving towards 21/22.     

2 hours ago, Monkey Butler said:

Could see Davis in a coaching role with us after he hangs up his boots. A consummate professional. 

Like you say, it’d be great to see him stick around but I think he’ll almost certainly go back south. His mrs and young family are still down in Southampton, so I think he’ll be back there one his playing days are over. 

Archived