Steven Davis signs a new 1 year deal

He’s an excellent footballer who has had an excellent year.

I’d hope it’s more of a ‘transitional’ year than as a key first team player - but with changes elsewhere likely in the summer having his experience and consistency will be crucial.

My feelings towards all those who deserted us will never change but Davis deserves this for footballing reasons alone.
He has been superb at times this season and I even put him down as my player of the year because I thought we looked so much better when he was on his game.

If he gets close to that level next season he will still be up there with the best midfielders in the league

16 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

My feelings towards all those who deserted us will never change but Davis deserves this for footballing reasons alone.
He has been superb at times this season and I even put him down as my player of the year because I thought we looked so much better when he was on his game.

If he gets close to that level next season he will still be up there with the best midfielders in the league

One of the few who insisted we were paid when he left, was he not? 

He has been an integral part of our team this year, he clearly looks after himself and looks like another year is well within his capabilities 

I know the whole 2012 saga may still irk certain fans but the truth is McGregor & Davis have the winning mentality, it's no coincidence that we eventually got back to the top with those two back at the club 

Model professional in his outlook, the way he conducts himself and looks after his wellbeing, which has allowed him to keep his standards up in the later part of his career, hopefully the younger players have been taking note. Like Defoe, he sets good standards in professionalism and can only be a positive influence in the dressing room .

Delighted he has signed.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Well deserved to be honest after an excellent season.

Realistically though, he should be used in SPL mostly next season as has struggled defensively in Europe.

Benfica showed that for me as the ran all over the top of him.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Well deserved to be honest after an excellent season.

Realistically though, he should be used in SPL mostly next season as has struggled defensively in Europe.

I actually thought he popped up with a few good interceptions the other night.

Archived