Centre Midfield

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Because I don't think he's anywhere near close to being good enough to build a team around.

Tbf he's had just over a year to acclimatise to a new system, i defo think play him in the middle of a 3 man attacking mid and he'll shine like fuck, 

I also really wanna see wright get more game time, he looks the part to terrorise opponents, a scottish kent 

Just now, EMRFC said:

We already have the guy from Bournemouth coming in.

CM, ST, and a CB needed. Probably a back up LB needed too.

Dont need a CB, goldson, helander, simpson, Katic and edmundson on the book, thats not including balogun who might be offered a new deal, we need to move at least 2 centre halves if we want a new one

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Dont need a CB, goldson, helander, simpson, Katic and edmundson on the book, thats not including balogun who might be offered a new deal, we need to move at least 2 centre halves if we want a new one

Edmundson will go, Katic will be back after a year off so I’m not sure we can rely on him. Also we need a better quality CB, one who’s as good if not better than Goldson. If it was up to me we go and get a CB who’ll be up to UCL quality.

2 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

Edmundson will go, Katic will be back after a year off so I’m not sure we can rely on him. Also we need a better quality CB, one who’s as good if not better than Goldson. If it was up to me we go and get a CB who’ll be up to UCL quality.

When you say CL quality do you mean qualifying quality or starring in it and getting to the latter stages of it quality 

Because goldson is easily the first, and the 2nd is well out of not only our price range but our wage range as well unfortunately 

We certainly need to bring in 2 midfielders - Through our years we have had so much strength and talent in that area- players like Ian Durrant , Barry ferguson , Van Bronckhorst , Madjid Bougherra and Jörg Albertz - the list is endless - strengthen that area with that kind of caliber and we will have yet again another successful season.

39 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Agreed. It’s certainly not a shambles, it’s just an area where we need to strengthen because we’ll be looking at a step up in quality in Europe and it’s highly unlikely that celtic will be as bad as they have been this season again next year.

It’s far from unlikely that septic will be as bad next season as they have been this season. We are looking to upgrade; they are looking to fill holes. Our management is first class; theirs is a shambles. 

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Aribo could become a key player for us, he is just young and going through a bit of bad form.

I certainly would not be looking to cash in now, I think next season he will kick on and become something special.

Bad form? Nah, he's been in good against utter dross, united at home, county at home etc, but tough games, high pressured games he rarely shows up and is often a man down

When did he last dominate even a portion of a big important game, and i dont mean like scoring the first in antwerp, but i mean being at the centre of everything good for us, 

Kent and hagi have done this many times and they are rated inconsistent, aribo consistently doesnt, he needs dropped for big games or sold tbh

9 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Aribo could become a key player for us, he is just young and going through a bit of bad form.

I certainly would not be looking to cash in now, I think next season he will kick on and become something special.

Can we stop the myth that 24 is young please. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

It’s far from unlikely that septic will be as bad next season as they have been this season. We are looking to upgrade; they are looking to fill holes. Our management is first class; theirs is a shambles. 

Tbh a decent manager has them doing a lot better, they fucked it by keeping lennon for so long, 

Denying that they have a decent core etc could bite us on the arse like it did them when they thought we were nothing 

One thing is for sure we shouldn't be looking anywhere near the big 5 leagues. Zungu being valued more than what we paid for Barasic is clear that them markets should be well clear of. There will be a diamond out there somewhere that will be the answer, Wilson n co just have to find him.

I think Scott Arfield is a quality guy but he gets way too much love on here as a player.

The upside to Aribo compared to Arfield is night and day. Granted, Joe was shite today but it can't be easy playing in different positions all the time and switching from right to left.

We have a quality midfielder in Hagi but we insist on playing him wide right, Look at the quality of his pass to Kent when he plays central. I don't get why we don't utilize him properly.

Don’t know how to judge it yet tbh

Morelos is adding £££ every game he plays, I can see a team from the EPL making a bid, the money that is getting banded about is ridiculous down there, I definitely think we could make stupid money for him. Probably money that we couldn’t turn down. If that was the case we could be looking in a better market for players. 

I think we can safely say we have a decent Europa League standard of team, if we want to be a Champions League standard we would need to replace a lot of players. 

We have a decent spine to our team, McGregor, Goldson,Barasic,Tav, Kamara Jack Davis, Kent, Hagi Morelos, Roofe

If we could add without losing players  it would be ideal, but I fear we will lose one or two of them.

suppose it all depends on how much money we end up with

28 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

He’s 24, been bang average for two seasons and at end of next  season will be entering his last season of contract.

Sell for anything over 3/4 million.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Tbh a decent manager has them doing a lot better, they fucked it by keeping lennon for so long, 

Denying that they have a decent core etc could bite us on the arse like it did them when they thought we were nothing 

It would be foolish to write them off of course but they have a shit load of changes coming. Look at their 11 today. Both fullbacks are loans that go back, main threat imo today elyounoussi goes back as well. Not to mention guys like Edouard going into final 12 months. 

It's going to take them some time to replace. 

If we can get 2-3 bits of quality in the summer while retaining key players we should be looking at pulling ahead of them further. 

5 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It would be foolish to write them off of course but they have a shit load of changes coming. Look at their 11 today. Both fullbacks are loans that go back, main threat imo today elyounoussi goes back as well. Not to mention guys like Edouard going into final 12 months. 

It's going to take them some time to replace. 

If we can get 2-3 bits of quality in the summer while retaining key players we should be looking at pulling ahead of them further. 

I’m hoping that Edouard being in the last year of his deal means they get fuck all for him. Think he’s a decent player unfortunately so would like to see them forced to accept £15m or something 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Bad form? Nah, he's been in good against utter dross, united at home, county at home etc, but tough games, high pressured games he rarely shows up and is often a man down

When did he last dominate even a portion of a big important game, and i dont mean like scoring the first in antwerp, but i mean being at the centre of everything good for us, 

Kent and hagi have done this many times and they are rated inconsistent, aribo consistently doesnt, he needs dropped for big games or sold tbh

Braga

2 hours ago, The Beast said:

We rely way to much on Davis even forgetting his age. The only player who comes close to his ability to control a midfield is Jack and his fitness is suspect.

Davis has been brilliant this season, and remarkably resilient for his age. Next season we might not get the same out of him, could be spells of injuries or slowing down. 

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aribo was frustrating as fuck, watching Davis get pressured by tarriers and Aribo makes no attempt to reposition to give him an option. Then he makes no effort to win the ball back, he does it pretty much every big game.

Archived