Roofe Suspenion And Rangers Fine From UEFA

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange that they use the exact same terminology as Slavia to describe Roofe's tackle.

Kamara attacking the racist cunt must have been witnessed to give him a ban. Fair play to him 👍

10 game ban for racism in today's climate is a joke especially as it will only apply to European football. A year ban from all competitions would have been more appropriate and still less than deserved. 

What on earth is this all about? Assault? He went for the ball recklessly, like a million players have, and was rightly sent off for it. Absolutely no malice whatsoever, and only a moron could think there was.

10 minutes ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

BBC are saying that kudela's ban will apply to internationals will Glen's too? outrageous if this affects his Euros. for him personally and for Finland.

Edit just checked will miss two friendlies and the first group stage match v Denmark, real shame for the boy, hopefully the club and Finland will appeal this.

Just read the BBC article there and they have updated it to say Kamara's ban is only for our European games and won't affect Finland.

10 minutes ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

BBC are saying that kudela's ban will apply to internationals will Glen's too? outrageous if this affects his Euros. for him personally and for Finland.

Edit just checked will miss two friendlies and the first group stage match v Denmark, real shame for the boy, hopefully the club and Finland will appeal this.

It's only for club matches he's free to play in the Euros.

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

Just read the BBC article there and they have updated it to say Kamara's ban is only for our European games and won't affect Finland.

Aye just seen that myself mate and edited accordingly, its something I suppose would have been really cruel for Glen.

Looking forward to seeing UEFA charge every player who gets done for a high boot or dangerous play with ‘assault’ now.

Lets be honest it was a shocking challenge and clearly dangerous, but there was no intent to cause harm. To use the word ‘assault’ is fucking laughable.

Have just read the UEFA disciplinary page there and it has baffled me. Ten game suspension for Kudela and three games for Kamara. Ten games in both European and international competition for Kudela is an absolute joke. 

For arguments sake he will miss the three group games for the Czechs. That is seven games suspension left. Say they get out of the group and are knocked out in the second round. Six games left.If Slavia have to qualify for whatever eufa competition and make it to the group stages he will be eligible to play for the majority of that. Meanwhile we lose two players for our Champions League qualifying tie(s). 

As has been said before, Roofe's challenge was a red card but clearly not deliberate. He was sent off correctly. Why the additional punishment? And to suspend Kamara for three games for retaliation is giving the racists the go ahead to do what they want and the victims have no right to get angry or respond. If they wanted to send a message that retaliation is not on, then a token one match ban would have sufficed, but all they have done is swept the issue away. 

Kudela should have had a blanket ban for at least one full season. At 34 it would almost end his career. Slavia and the player should be receiving a monetary fine and the player should be made an example of and directed to attend anti racism campaigns. I also note on eufa's website that the ten match ban includes and is not additional to the one match provisional ban he has served. 

Disgusted with UEFA. We have actually come out of this tie losing two players for a total of seven games and a monetary fund where they will lose their PROVEN RACIST player for about the same number. 

Lost for words. All they have done is the minimum and swept it away. 

33 minutes ago, JamieD said:

What on earth is this all about? Assault? He went for the ball recklessly, like a million players have, and was rightly sent off for it. Absolutely no malice whatsoever, and only a moron could think there was.

I put up a quote earlier I took from a UEFA disciplinary letter. It seems that if you kick someone in the head recklessly (doesn't have to be intentional) it's classed by UEFA as assault, which is quite ridiculous, but who knows if they draft their stuff in English first or whether its French first then translated etc. etc.

"According to the constant practice of the UEFA disciplinary bodies (as published on the UEFA website), an assault within the meaning of Article 15(1)(e) DR consists of any reckless or intentional act by means of which the opponent’s physical well-being is interfered with. Such an act would, non-exhaustively, involve aggressive contact such as slapping, head-butting, kicking, punching, elbowing, shaking, pushing, pinching or hitting."

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I put up a quote earlier I took from a UEFA disciplinary letter. It seems that if you kick someone in the head recklessly (doesn't have to be intentional) it's classed by UEFA as assault, which is quite ridiculous, but who knows if they draft their stuff in English first or whether its French first then translated etc. etc.

"According to the constant practice of the UEFA disciplinary bodies (as published on the UEFA website), an assault within the meaning of Article 15(1)(e) DR consists of any reckless or intentional act by means of which the opponent’s physical well-being is interfered with. Such an act would, non-exhaustively, involve aggressive contact such as slapping, head-butting, kicking, punching, elbowing, shaking, pushing, pinching or hitting."

I see.

Seems absurd. Every push is reckless, in that if the player falls and hits his head in a weird way, he could die, but we don't see defenders getting banned for assaults after every corner!

Just now, JamieD said:

I see.

Seems absurd. Every push is reckless, in that if the player falls and hits his head in a weird way, he could die, but we don't see defenders getting banned for assaults after every corner!

Exactly.

I mean at the end of the day its as daft as when you see Parliament put definitions in legislation that contort the ordinary meaning of plain words.

In this case it's not making it up as they go along, its just the disciplinary regs are fucking baffling to begin with.

24 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Note to all other teams - don’t bother with the race stuff because it isn’t important 

😩

Absolutely agree, there wee cards with show racism the red card is just tick boxing they have proved that by their actions today, disgusting :raging:

Archived