Rangers boss deserves Manager of the Year awards and complaints are disingenuous

The Dude

Had Gerrard not went the full league season undefeated then Davidson would have been a worthy winner, but to play 56 games(only 3 loses) in total and still be undefeated after 38 league games is an unbelievable achievement. 

Well done to St Johnstone as they've had an excellent season and it's good to see a fellow bear in Davidson doing well also. 

11 hours ago, mclovin9091 said:

I was under the impression that European performances weren't taken into account?

I do think it is unfair that the award is handed out prior to the cup final being played though.

Neither should cups .When it’s The Premiership manager of the year .

But then again why stick to the rules when you can get away with making them up to suit an agenda .

Blatant anti English catholic racism if you ask me .

Gerrard with his and our achievements this season was head and shoulders above any of the other managers, although Davidson has had an excellent season which for a club of St. johnstone's standing has exceeded any and all expectations for them. 

Well done to him, but an honourable mention deserved and no more. 

I'm not sure who they've beat in their two cup runs outside of us , hibs and Livingston , but you can't compare a few cup games in a season to an unbeaten league campaign , breaking all kinds of records , and a successful European run against some top quality teams .

Its not even close , even allowing for the difference in size between the clubs.  

over 100 points, new clean sheet record. new record for goals conceded. 100 percent record at home. 20+ points ahead in the league. unbeaten home and away all season. half the budget of our rivals and our players were under the most pressure i would argue a Rangers player has ever had to face in a long long time.

were unbeaten in europe right through to the knockout stages. won our group with benfica in there who spent a fortune after the sale of felix to athletico madrid.(100 million)

but aye st johnstone deserve it. dont know who the played in the league cup but apart from beating us on penalties there biggest result was 2-0 against clyde. scraped through every other game.

1 hour ago, Mclean RFC said:

over 100 points, new clean sheet record. new record for goals conceded. 100 percent record at home. 20+ points ahead in the league. unbeaten home and away all season. half the budget of our rivals and our players were under the most pressure i would argue a Rangers player has ever had to face in a long long time.

were unbeaten in europe right through to the knockout stages. won our group with benfica in there who spent a fortune after the sale of felix to athletico madrid.(100 million

This is so true. You just need to read the bitterness from Stewart and Jackson. The achievement of St Johnstone is magnificent and they may never better it. However the consistency we have shown this season, the quality of our play, the records we have broken and perhaps most important the mental pressure needed to break them across the city. 

Jackson today bleating about how St Johnstone winning makes up for a dreadful season for Scottish football, blighted by rampaging fans and rule breaking. Dreadful for who....? It was one of the best and most important seasons in our history, which we won in style and shattered records on the way, whilst improving the UEFA coefficient which benefits the whole country. But no Keith it’s been a poor season...

The bitterness and hatred of them is there for all to see  

The league is the main competition we all play for. It takes 38 games to complete. We went 38 games without defeat. We broke numerous records on the way. We also achieved an excellent run in European competition claiming some big scalps along the way and raising the coefficient for the country. The correct manager won. 

Sour grapes all around.