Club 1872 - Summary of our roadmap for change

HHB

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Five years ago C1872 had literally just formed and held precisely zero shares in Rangers. As it sits they are now one of the biggest shareholders in the club with a contractual agreement to become the single biggest shareholder. 

Theres no argument than can be made that C1872 are no closer to 25+1 than they were in 2016.

They are the 6th biggest shareholder currently and if they bought all of DK shares would hold 22% plus shares

That however would require at least 13 if not closer to 15 million over the next 3 years as the share price is agreed at 20/23/26 over the next 3 years

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

And what are these relevant qualifications and background? 

No secret, from the post we made on FF advising of our intent to submit the resolutions. 

Kristian is a Chartered Global Management Accountant, having trained with Unilever. He has spent more than 15 years working in the marketing services sector, working with clients and colleagues across the world. He joined his current business in 2016, and earlier this year was appointed to the Board of Directors and is presently both the group's Chief Commercial Officer and Chief Financial Officer. In this role, Kristian has responsibility for all finance and accounting activity; including governance and controls, working capital management and financing in addition to the group's commercial strategy and mergers & acquisitions. The group has grown significantly in recent years and, on completion of a recently announced acquisition, will have colleagues across more than 50 countries, and approximately $2.1bn in annual revenue.

He has a season ticket for Club 72 West and, although he lives 450 miles away, he is a member of the Skelmorlie & Wemyss Bay RSC. He was previously a life member of Rangers First and a member of the RST.

10 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Kristian and Charles on RM. Interesting....

No matter how these credible these  requisitioners might or might not be, linking their names with such a divisive figure as Marshall will taint them forever. 

Why do we as a support attract these sort of people, do other clubs support have arseholes like Marshall, Graham, Dingwall etc ?

26 minutes ago, gj923 said:

They are the 6th biggest shareholder currently and if they bought all of DK shares would hold 22% plus shares

That however would require at least 13 if not closer to 15 million over the next 3 years as the share price is agreed at 20/23/26 over the next 3 years

An unlikely achievement with the current membership supposedly lower than 7k

1 hour ago, LJ50 said:

No secret, from the post we made on FF advising of our intent to submit the resolutions. 

Cheers. Given you obviously seen the same thread I did, can I ask your view on Rab Marshalls insistence in that FF thread that he would have place on the board before changing his mind and now being in line to become chair. 

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

No matter how these credible these  requisitioners might or might not be, linking their names with such a divisive figure as Marshall will taint them forever. 

Why do we as a support attract these sort of people, do other clubs support have arseholes like Marshall, Graham, Dingwall etc ?

To be honest and I don’t know any of them personally but I sometimes feel some jealousy comes from their critics and I put it down to these figures being quite successful in what they do. I’m not saying they are all good either and perhaps some criticism is more than deserved but in Scotland we seem to like to knock people off whenever they put their heads above the parapet.

The key point here in what is being proposed is the need for transparency. I was sure that this was fundamental in the operation of any Supporters Direct (or what they are called now) association.

I am not a member of Club 1872 but totally support the approach now being taken by the requisitioners. You only have to read some of the recent posts on this forum to know of the disregard in which the current Directors are held and further the distrust insofar as the lack of cash flowing in in support of the Dave King legacy investment arrangement. All of this is detailed in the plan above.

Words are easy said, actions are harder to achieve.

Therein lies the problem with Club 1872 as currently operated. Do they have the knowledge, experience and staffing/support to achieve their aims. The same will surely apply to anyone taking over. The requisitioners sound enthusiastic and hopefully they will succeed. Not to stand for election after six months might be a risk, unless there is a guarantee of finding suitable and sufficient bodies to take things forward.

I genuinely wish them well in their endeavours.

As a non member I have no rights to expect any input or indeed to any output but, in the vein of transparency there can be no harm in engaging with a wider audience via a source like RM and others, after all openness and honesty can demonstrate trust and professionalism and potentially lead to increased membership or investors committed to donating proxy votes.

19 hours ago, The Dude said:

Cheers. Given you obviously seen the same thread I did, can I ask your view on Rab Marshalls insistence in that FF thread that he would have place on the board before changing his mind and now being in line to become chair. 

If you have been following the threads then you may have seen that we've addressed this, previously.

When we gathered in July, we felt that - as we had assembled in response to his request for people to step forward and as he had facilitated the drafting of the resolution - it would be inappropriate not to include Robert as one of the proposed Interim Directors. Given some of the unaddressed concerns about Club 1872 that led some of us to step forward we will not allow anyone the opportunity to falsely claim we would have any "shadow directors". We are committed to utter transparency.

He is the only one who would be non-voting and non-executive, and therefore it makes sense that he would act as chair for the board meetings, which is a facilitation role. If the resolution is successful, he will sign a legal undertaking to that effect.

Honestly, we've said what we have to say on it. The incumbent board are desperate to focus attention onto one individual, because making it personal diverts attention from what matters. We are focussed on substance: why Club 1872 is important, how it is failing and what we want to do to halt its decline and set it back on the right path.

More than happy to discuss those, or answer questions on them.

18 hours ago, LookingForEric said:

The key point here in what is being proposed is the need for transparency. I was sure that this was fundamental in the operation of any Supporters Direct (or what they are called now) association.

I am not a member of Club 1872 but totally support the approach now being taken by the requisitioners. You only have to read some of the recent posts on this forum to know of the disregard in which the current Directors are held and further the distrust insofar as the lack of cash flowing in in support of the Dave King legacy investment arrangement. All of this is detailed in the plan above.

Words are easy said, actions are harder to achieve.

Therein lies the problem with Club 1872 as currently operated. Do they have the knowledge, experience and staffing/support to achieve their aims. The same will surely apply to anyone taking over. The requisitioners sound enthusiastic and hopefully they will succeed. Not to stand for election after six months might be a risk, unless there is a guarantee of finding suitable and sufficient bodies to take things forward.

I genuinely wish them well in their endeavours.

As a non member I have no rights to expect any input or indeed to any output but, in the vein of transparency there can be no harm in engaging with a wider audience via a source like RM and others, after all openness and honesty can demonstrate trust and professionalism and potentially lead to increased membership or investors committed to donating proxy votes.

I respectfully disagree. As a non-member of Club 1872, you have no right to expect a vote. That doesn't mean you shoudn't have an input and you aren't entitled to an opinion on any output.

As a member of the Rangers support and as a potential member of Club 1872, it should be engaging with you, we want to engage you. And the tens of thousands like you.

3 minutes ago, LJ50 said:

If you have been following the threads then you may have seen that we've addressed this, previously.

When we gathered in July, we felt that - as we had assembled in response to his request for people to step forward and as he had facilitated the drafting of the resolution - it would be inappropriate not to include Robert as one of the proposed Interim Directors. Given some of the unaddressed concerns about Club 1872 that led some of us to step forward we will not allow anyone the opportunity to falsely claim we would have any "shadow directors". We are committed to utter transparency.

He is the only one who would be non-voting and non-executive, and therefore it makes sense that he would act as chair for the board meetings, which is a facilitation role. If the resolution is successful, he will sign a legal undertaking to that effect.

Honestly, we've said what we have to say on it. The incumbent board are desperate to focus attention onto one individual, because making it personal diverts attention from what matters. We are focussed on substance: why Club 1872 is important, how it is failing and what we want to do to halt its decline and set it back on the right path.

If you wanted to be taken seriously then you wouldn’t have a club officials Dad as the chair.

Who drafted the proposal For Robert Marshall?

39 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If you wanted to be taken seriously then you wouldn’t have a club officials Dad as the chair.

Who drafted the proposal For Robert Marshall?

I’ve outlined our reasoning. If you disagree, that’s fair enough. 
If you have questions on our roadmap and the future of Club 1872 then happy to discuss them. If not, then I’m sorry you won’t be voting in favour of those parts of our resolution that the board have put to a vote of Contributors. 

1 minute ago, LJ50 said:

If you have questions on our roadmap and the future of Club 1872 then happy to discuss them. If not, then I’m sorry you won’t be voting in favour of those parts of our resolution that the board have put to a vote of Contributors. 

Nice Dodge.

I’ll ask again, transparency and all that, Do you not think that having a Rangers officials dad as Chairman of Club 1872 is a clear conflict of interest?

Who drafted Rab Marshalls proposal??

2 hours ago, LJ50 said:

Unfortunately, I'm now a former FF poster after I was banned by Dingwall. While you may well have addressed it on FF. Many, many C1872 members don't have log ons to FF so I'm sure you'll agree addressing it on there is a wee bit preaching to the converted. 

Making it personal is precisely what's been happening already (on both sides) including some of the claims made by Marshall on FF. 

Since you're open to answering questions though on how to make C1872 a success can you perhaps answer some of the following:

What role/involvement do any Rangers board members or employees have in this? 

Who is writing the statements on Robert Marshall's behalf? 

How do you square Rab Marshalls own admission that his involvement would be viewed as damaging given his own previous involvement in C1872? 

Given the perception that this is a takeover by proxy of C1872 by the club, what commitments can be given that club 1872 will remain 100% independent of RIFC/RFC Ltd? 

Why is there a need to add five new directors to the board when the existing articles cap the board at five members? Why not add three new board members to replace the three who were in place before the recent elections? 

1 hour ago, LJ50 said:

2 hours ago, LJ50 said:

I respectfully disagree. As a non-member of Club 1872, you have no right to expect a vote. That doesn't mean you shoudn't have an input and you aren't entitled to an opinion on any output.

As a member of the Rangers support and as a potential member of Club 1872, it should be engaging with you, we want to engage you. And the tens of thousands like you.

Then why has it taken weeks for any of you to find your way over here?