Rangers B vs Stirling Uni + Charlie McCann

GOAT

28 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

We should be looking at arranging friendlies against English & European youth sides to complement the Lowlands League.

We seem to be a level above the Lowlands league and whilst yes they will learn a lot playing against fully grown men they could do with some matches against more technical opposition aswell.

Is there an Alkass tournament we can play in this year?

at the moment we are playing midweek and weekend in the lowland league  maybe when the midweek games end we might arrange some better quality friendlies

6 minutes ago, GOAT said:

We should be joint top wae Dalbeattie, tarriers scored in injury time to draw 1-1 wae civil service strollers.   So top on goal difference.  Unless my maths are wrong.

With a game in hand and 2 points ahead of that lot.

1 hour ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

We should be looking at arranging friendlies against English & European youth sides to complement the Lowlands League.

We seem to be a level above the Lowlands league and whilst yes they will learn a lot playing against fully grown men they could do with some matches against more technical opposition aswell.

UEFA Youth League starts soon.

The friendly series we played over 17/18 a few years back against English and European sides were a waste of time imo.

1 hour ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

With this experiment they should let it carry on after this season. Let us play in the league and if we get promoted then so be it. It should be like Spain where you can get to the second tier but no further.

I do agree with the friendly matches against European/English outfits regardless!

1 hour ago, SIRB_72 said:

With this experiment they should let it carry on after this season. Let us play in the league and if we get promoted then so be it. It should be like Spain where you can get to the second tier but no further.

I do agree with the friendly matches against European/English outfits regardless!

The only problem is I just can’t see the diddy teams accepting us into the SPFL structure. If the amateurs in the Junior League were so resistant to it then I really can’t see the League 2 clubs ever voting us in.

9 hours ago, Elfideldo said:

Whats your thoughts?  I don’t normally watch youth games, am I getting ahead of myself when I think a few of these players could make it?

8 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

The only problem is I just can’t see the diddy teams accepting us into the SPFL structure. If the amateurs in the Junior League were so resistant to it then I really can’t see the League 2 clubs ever voting us in.

As much as I think this season will benefit the young lads, I can't see it being anything other than lose lose in our effort to be accepted into the senior ranks permanently.

If we were getting dicked every week then teams would use it as an excuse that there's no point us being there. The fact that we are winning most weeks means teams won't be keen on getting smashed off of the kids week in week out.

I get that fans think it's just the Old Firm wanting to help themselves but it does work in other countries. Helps produce players for us, yes, but also Scotland.

Also, the guys that don't quite make it have a better chance of getting picked up somewhere else with senior level experience under their belts.

12 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

The players also have the Challenge Cup, Glasgow Cup, Youth Cup and UEFA Youth League to play in. They'll play first teams in the Challenge Cup and Glasgow Cup and more technical sides in the youth league