Ross Wilson confirms we 'rejected some big offers' during the summer

If Wilson says we rejected big bids for some of our players, I believes it to be true, Mr Gerrard said if the board got a bid they thought was acceptable he would here about it and they would have a decision to make, big bid doesn't mean they have met the asking price, 

4 hours ago, WATP84JRL said:

If Wilson says we rejected big bids for some of our players, I believes it to be true, Mr Gerrard said if the board got a bid they thought was acceptable he would here about it and they would have a decision to make, big bid doesn't mean they have met the asking price, 

It also doesn't mean that SG was informed at the time .

I doubt boards inform managers of every offer that pops up. That is an uneeded distraction that serves no purpose.

12 hours ago, The Dude said:

Scottish papers knowing Rangers have rejected a bid for one of our players before the manager knew there was a bid? Yeah, I'd be quite confident in saying that's absolute make believe.

English press broke the news...

7 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Whether there were bids or inquiries is irrelevant. What is clear is that the board have a valuation for each of our players.

It's a case of meet our valuation or go away.

This season maybe.

If we don’t win league this year then there will be a fire sale.

5 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

It also doesn't mean that SG was informed at the time .

I doubt boards inform managers of every offer that pops up. That is an uneeded distraction that serves no purpose.

That's the point i was making, SG saying he hadn't heard of any bids because the board wouldn't want to bother him if it was insignificant, 

13 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I would say that Wilson will be telling the truth about bids tbh.

Title winning squad, players full of confidence, some real development over the last year in most of the squad.

He isn't going to reveal bidders or the numbers offered, that would be absolutely foolhardy from him. 

He is letting us know that the speculation is nonsense and that we are committed as a club to retain the best players, and that they are committed to staying for the moment. 

With what we achieved last season and our European form the last 3, I’d be more surprised if there was no bids.

Its quite a fucking leap to claim there's "little comminication" between the 2 because the board rejected a bid for a big name in the squad 2-3 or 4 hours before KO while we were in the shite form that we were in and the talk since last Christmas has been selling players. 

10 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Its quite a fucking leap to claim there's "little comminication" between the 2 because the board rejected a bid for a big name in the squad 2-3 or 4 hours before KO while we were in the shite form that we were in and the talk since last Christmas has been selling players. 

It was in the papers hours before the game. It will have been with Rangers long before that (most likely the day before at the very least). Do you think the Daily Mirror were reporting the bid minutes after it was apparently made?