Ross Wilson confirms we 'rejected some big offers' during the summer

That's lovely from Wilson.

The club wants to keep a strong squad and come back on the European scene. Title is vital this season to go straight into CL group stages, keep it up Rangers, massive season ahead.

Not sure what to think of that since he gives no examples and Gerrard basically said the opposite.

But I'm glad the board are not in a rush to disband a winning side. I can only see the majority of the squads value increasing in the next 12 months. I'm sure we will lose a few next summer.

24 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Not sure what to think of that since he gives no examples and Gerrard basically said the opposite.

But I'm glad the board are not in a rush to disband a winning side. I can only see the majority of the squads value increasing in the next 12 months. I'm sure we will lose a few next summer.

Why would he give examples? He is putting to bed some of the talk of us not getting any offers. As for Gerrard.. he wont necessarily tell the whole truth when put on the spot. He has done so in regards to transfers in the past.

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Why would he give examples? He is putting to bed some of the talk of us not getting any offers. As for Gerrard.. he wont necessarily tell the whole truth when put on the spot. He has done so in regards to transfers in the past.

You put things to bed when you give examples. 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I'm glad we didn't sell or reveal (if any). I just think he is slightly evasive in the interview.

I certainly wouldnt be going into details in such an interview. He is dealing with it professionally. Says enough without revealing anything that somebody probably doesnt want revealed. It would be total amateur hour to come out and say Club x bid x amount for x player.

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

I certainly wouldnt be going into details in such an interview. He is dealing with it professionally. Says enough without revealing anything that somebody probably doesnt want revealed. It would be total amateur hour to come out and say Club x bid x amount for x player.

Then we are the only club that keep bids for our players a secret. 

For example, it is well documented Man C offered 150M for Kane. These things get leaked. 

Unless I missed something, I never heard of any leaks of offers for Barisic, Kent, Morelos (Porto maybe) or Kamara. The only one was Patterson.

So Wilson is doing a great job keeping things under wraps not just from inside our own club but from those bidding as well.

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Then we are the only club that keep bids for our players a secret. 

For example, it is well documented Man C offered 150M for Kane. These things get leaked. 

Unless I missed something, I never heard of any leaks of offers for Barisic, Kent, Morelos (Porto maybe) or Kamara. The only one was Patterson.

So Wilson is doing a great job keeping things under wraps not just from inside our own club but from those bidding as well.

I think thats how we want to do things. 

Just now, The Dude said:

If other clubs are bidding for our players and we're rejecting it. They'll leak it and put pressure on Rangers to sell and try unsettle the player.

They might.. they might not. But there were people trying to portray our players as probably not sought after while across the city it was like quite the opposite. I think Wilson is just trying to shut them up a bit.

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

They might.. they might not. But there were people trying to portray our players as probably not sought after while across the city it was like quite the opposite. I think Wilson is just trying to shut them up a bit.

Coming out and saying we rejected big bids when the manager is weeks from saying no bids recieved just makes it look like one of them is talking out their arse/there is a lack of communication between Wilson/Gerrard.

He has done so in regards to transfers in as well. Think its just the way he deals with that side of it.

It doesn't do him any favours if that's what it is.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Coming out and saying we rejected big bids when the manager is weeks from saying no bids recieved just makes it look like one of them is talking out their arse/there is a lack of communication between Wilson/Gerrard.

It doesn't do him any favours if that's what it is.

I would be very surprised of they dont talk every day or most days. Anyways, I dont really care.. Im sure there have been inquiries about players with suggestions of x amount of millions etc. 

I would be very surprised of they dont talk every day or most days. Anyways, I dont really care.. Im sure there have been inquiries about players with suggestions of x amount of millions etc. 

I'd be surprised by that as well, however when one comes out saying X and the other says Y, the impression is that there's little communication between them, Inquiries aren't bids. Inquiries happen constantly.