This team late in games

MacBoyd

In all games this season we have conceded 3 goals in the final 30 minutes.  (66, 77 and 90).

In all games this season we have scored 4 goals in the final 30 minutes. (66, 78, 78 and 90).

What is most significant is the 15 minute period after half time.  In all games we have conceded 7 goals in this period out which is half of the season’s total.

On the scoring front we have managed 6 goals in the same period which is roughly a quarter of all goals scored. 

So looks like our defence sleepwalks out of the tunnel for the second half.

( quick 10 minute look at the games so may be the odd error).

Make of this whatever we want.

12 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

How many last gasp equalisers have we conceded under Gerrard? It was something that happened early in his time and has never really stopped. 

When we are losing or drawing, how many times does a game just fizzle out with no real onslaught from us? We very rarely score late winners.

Is this a physical, mental or tactical thing?

Absolutely spot on.

We've conceded alot of last minute goals under Gerrard, and scored very little at the other end in the last few minutes of games.

If anyone had time to do the stats it would shock you, I'm sure.

6 hours ago, Essandoh said:

We’ll be more than 4 points clear of that lot by the end of the month and Hearts will begin their inevitable collapse down the table into the land of ifs, buts and maybes.

It’s not about what they do though, it’s about addressing how shite we are 

And if we don’t improve quickly all this confidence everyone seems to have will disappear fast 

2 hours ago, They Gnu said:

We have to go long when we’re under the cosh problem is the ball isn’t sticking to Alfredo anymore.

I get going long ball and Alfredo not holding it up as well. 

We just don't seem to hold onto the ball. Last season we pressed got the ball, kept it in the opposition area especially late in games to see it out. 

I don't buy for a second our players are just going fuck it let's drop back and let the opposition come at us.

I think it's management instructions trying to change approach from last season and it's not working. 

12 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Absolutely spot on.

We've conceded alot of last minute goals under Gerrard, and scored very little at the other end in the last few minutes of games.

If anyone had time to do the stats it would shock you, I'm sure.

Done a quick look for this season above.

Its after half time where we are really shite.  

1 hour ago, andyhrfc said:

Done a quick look for this season above.

Its after half time where we are really shite.  

I’d have to say in Gerrard’s full tenure I can’t ever remember us playing shite in a first half then coming out second half and being much better. There will have been games where it’s happened but over I never have any confidence we’ll address issues at half time and actually improve 

If anything we do usually get even worse in the second half as your stats prove 

6 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Season started at the end of July and we still haven't got going, beyond a joke. 

Saturday , for the first time ,  I thought we'd finally clicked . It just makes it all the more frustrating . 

14 hours ago, King Jela said:

Last season aside its been a constant danger under him. Hearts, Killie and St J all got late goals against us as well just before lockdown. 

Goldson and Tav have both reverted back to what they were before lockdown as well. Bombscares. 

Don’t forget we fucked both the cups with sloppy goals in injury time 

We need to be more ruthless period. Get on top of teams and stay on them. I just think at times so far this season we have been way too lazy in what we are trying to do. Especially frustrating when we talent wise are tons better than the opposition but yet fail to show that. I have faith we will be fine in the short and long term no doubt but still just irritating all the same.

We always seem to concede last minute set pieces when defending a 1 goal advantage. celtic, St Johnstone, hibs, managed to defend those but it was always going to bite us one time and it finally did on Saturday. 

The visible panic our players get themselves into in the late stages of these games is a major worry. 

6 hours ago, kirkiebear said:

We always seem to concede last minute set pieces when defending a 1 goal advantage. celtic, St Johnstone, hibs, managed to defend those but it was always going to bite us one time and it finally did on Saturday. 

The visible panic our players get themselves into in the late stages of these games is a major worry. 

Absolutely tavs mad tackle started it all too

I feel like there’s a few who’ve been spoiled by last season.

No excusing some of the results so far, but we’ve always dropped points in leagues. Last year was the exception to the rule. We’re in a title race this season, rather than an absolute canter, which is stressful but the norm pre-2012. 

On 17/10/2021 at 14:51, Prso's headband said:

That doesn’t matter. This is our buffer period, the easier first Q of the season went to us. We should’ve been 9+ points in front of them come mid November going into the hardest part of the season where we play all of the usual top 6 away from home, Livingston Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and them. 

We’re making this so much harder than it needs to be, to the point now where I’d actually be surprised if we were top going into that run from 28th November to 2nd January. That really isn’t good enough when you see the standard of opposition that’s running us close at the moment

If we keep winning timothy will crumble again but if we keep dropping points all we are doing is giving them something to aim at ... it's been a really poor start to the season Malmo set the tone and so far nothing has changed :ang: