Morelos

DiamondDan

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Maybe makes sense unfortunately mate.
Ibrahimovic and Giroud are about 90. Basically leaves Milan with Rebic as a starting CF. 

Atalanta have 2 Colombian strikers both out of contract in 2023 and both 31 this year as well. 

Seria A would suit Morelos tbh given that he prob lacks the pace to be a top striker in EPL or La Liga 

21 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

I'd personally rank Serie A higher than La Liga. But it's well within the top 4. 

Sorry that's just not right at all.

La Liga is by far a better league than Serie A. Results in Europe over the past few years clearly show that. 

A terrible Barcelona side scudded Napoli, Villarreal finishing above Atalanta, Atletico finishing above Milan. Inter's best side in years has been no match for Real the last two seasons and lost a Europa League final to Sevilla.

An Italian side hasn't won anything in Europe for 12 years now.

We have always done poorly in terms of management of player contracts.

Whilst its great in the short term holding onto our most valuable assets for as long as possible we need to learn to sell when their value is at its peak and then use the funds to reinvest for replacements.

9 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Sorry that's just not right at all.

La Liga is by far a better league than Serie A. Results in Europe over the past few years clearly show that. 

A terrible Barcelona side scudded Napoli, Villarreal finishing above Atalanta, Atletico finishing above Milan. Inter's best side in years has been no match for Real the last two seasons and lost a Europa League final to Sevilla.

An Italian side hasn't won anything in Europe for 12 years now.

The tarriers got their arse handed to them by a club in Eliteserien. Does that make it a better league than the Premiership?

Italian clubs are consistently shite in Europe. But I far prefer to watch Serie A at the weekend than La Liga. 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

The tarriers got their arse handed to them by a club in Eliteserien. Does that make it a better league than the Premiership?

Italian clubs are consistently shite in Europe. But I far prefer to watch Serie A at the weekend than La Liga. 

No, of course not but if us, them, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs etc were continually coming off poorer to the likes of Bodo/Glimt, Brann, Rosenborg and Valerenga year after year then of course it would make it a better league. That was my point. It's not just one result its a consistent set of results.

I prefer to watch Serie A over La Liga too but I'm not thick enough to let me think that makes it a better league.

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

No, of course not but if us, them, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs etc were continually coming off poorer to the likes of Bodo/Glimt, Brann, Rosenborg and Valerenga year after year then of course it would make it a better league. That was my point. It's not just one result its a consistent set of results.

I prefer to watch Serie A over La Liga too but I'm not thick enough to let me think that makes it a better league.

Nothing like having a different opinion on here.....

26 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

And Atletico. After them 4 it's pretty dire. Just my own opinion but Serie A have more stronger teams after a "top 4".

Valencia Betis Villarreal etc are miles better than most the shite in Italy, take away Italian top 4 like you have the Spanish and there’s not much there 

3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Valencia Betis Villarreal etc are miles better than most the shite in Italy, take away Italian top 4 like you have the Spanish and there’s not much there 

I agree La Liga is better but I don’t think you could pick a winner from those 3 teams you mentioned plus Atalanta, Roma and Lazio as the current best of the rest in Serie A right now. 

But aye from 9th to 20th there’s nothing to write home about in Serie A

UEFA should scrap the coefficient system and have a fans poll that decides European placings based on what we all prefer to watch on the weekend.

I’d have Northern Ireland and Scotland having four Champions League places each. Italy and Germany on four too. Spain on three. England to get two. France to get one.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

UEFA should scrap the coefficient system and have a fans poll that decides European placings based on what we all prefer to watch on the weekend.

I’d have Northern Ireland and Scotland having four Champions League places each. Italy and Germany on four too. Spain on three. England to get two. France to get one.

Feel better posting that? 

12 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Having seen Eurovision voting patterns I wouldn't be that encouraged :lol:  Cyprus and Greece swapping 4 places each.

First of all we have to get to the big boys competition. It will be a step up in class, that's for sure, but establishing ourselves at that level is key. We were 3rd in our first attempt at the EL group stages and now we expect to qualify for the KO stages. CL has to follow a similar path.

10 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

First of all we have to get to the big boys competition. It will be a step up in class, that's for sure, but establishing ourselves at that level is key. We were 3rd in our first attempt at the EL group stages and now we expect to qualify for the KO stages. CL has to follow a similar path.

Nobody can deny that Dortmund are a genuine CL team .Unlike some of the teams the Taigs have claimed to have been drawn against in recent seasons .We done a number on them .Now I know in a favourable draw ,We get a top end side a Dortmund level and team just below that level .But giving it a good go we shouldn’t really embarrass ourselves .Qualification from group would likely be out our reach unless we carried a fair amount of luck though .

36 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

It’s a huge jump qualifying from an EL to CL group stage, we’d need to get extremely lucky with the draw tbh, 3rd would be an achievement for the level we are at just now. 

26 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Nobody can deny that Dortmund are a genuine CL team .Unlike some of the teams the Taigs have claimed to have been drawn against in recent seasons .We done a number on them .Now I know in a favourable draw ,We get a top end side a Dortmund level and team just below that level .But giving it a good go we shouldn’t really embarrass ourselves .Qualification from group would likely be out our reach unless we carried a fair amount of luck though .

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

It’s a huge jump qualifying from an EL to CL group stage, we’d need to get extremely lucky with the draw tbh, 3rd would be an achievement for the level we are at just now. 

I agree with both of you but without an aim, a target if you will,  then we will flounder. It cannot be a case of just give us your cash and we will be whipping boys.

28 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I agree with both of you but without an aim, a target if you will,  then we will flounder. It cannot be a case of just give us your cash and we will be whipping boys.

Getting there just for the cash and take a humping should never ever be the Rangers way .

Also 3rd is an absolute must .We have been spoiled in recent years in the Europa league with decent runs .Would be a blow to lose out on post Xmas European football .