Reaction

hammer93

46 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

Ironically that gubbing we got on wed could be the best result of our season.  

Thompson said as much on the BBC, I think, when he hinted they might be peaking too early in the season. A couple of other pundits have questioned their ability to go on for another 14+ games with their level of intensity and spoken about injuries hitting them hard over the next 2 months...

Just now, WestCoastGer said:

Thompson said as much on the BBC, I think, when he hinted they might be peaking too early in the season. A couple of other pundits have questioned their ability to go on for another 14+ games with their level of intensity and spoken about injuries hitting them hard over the next 2 months...

And they have no more breaks to use.

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

As delighted as I am with today, still kinda pisses me off it took a humping from the tims and losing the top spot to spur us on to it. 

Ah well, onwards and upwards. 

Agreed, but we've been pretty pish all season. I can't remember a better 90 minutes this season than today. If they can use Wednesday as a serious wake up call that they've got a challenge and up their game, I'll be happy.

11 hours ago, sausagetrunks said:

Ironically that gubbing we got on wed could be the best result of our season. 

woke us up because thats our performance of the season and that's the bar set for the rest of the season, our season started today.  

Season. 

Performances like that win you leagues but our players have to keep improving yesterday was superb in loads of ways .

However we cannot allow ourselves to be dragged down by these cunts intent on cheating ideally the official would be on to it but clearly yesterday he sided and abetted them in the majority of times we genuinely won tackles cleanly but were penalised .

That had the desired effect at 1-0 in tempering our threat just when we need our defence to be on top form find the man quickly to make an attack happen in the way we did later in the game.

Now we have numbers back and players hitting form the starting line up is up for grabs we need to go for the jugular and be more ruthless like yesterday and the manager deploys a team with that streak these cunts will have less influence in a game as our players will be fit for purpose.

They've experienced this shitey tactic from cunts like Hearts many times and should be wise to it but where tackles and tussles are now being feigned it makes it even harder allies with weak officiating this is what we are up against hence why we need to smash these cunts before they start their shit by burying them .

Happy with the result, however we have to keep up a good level of performance now. I do wonder what would have happened had Hearts equalised at the start of the second half. However that didn't happen and we went on to trash them. So let's hope we can do the same Vs Hibs on Wed and bring the confidence fully back. 

What had me worried under GVB was how passive we'd become. Almost over structured but also way way too passive. Starting position also needed to be 10 or 15 yards up the park.

As Arfield said, you have to run about and make tackles first. Also as he said, its not difficult. 

Much better. Intensity was back. 

We'd been unbeaten in the league for a long time against THEM. Realistically we were due a loss. No one was expecting quite such a poor performance, but it's only one game. We're only a point behind and a lot of players with a doubt over their head stood up to be counted yesterday. Still all to play for. 

19 hours ago, Blues Brother said:

Today was the most aggressive as a collective we’ve been in years. Loads of slide tackles, loads of 50/50s won. Loved it. 

It really does stand above the rest of the season doesn't it ... hopefully no more mediocrity now we are in the business part of the season