Gran Turismo 7

Rambo1872

8 hours ago, teddybear1975 said:

Fingers crossed for an improved online. The dynamic weather and time could be a game charger if they get the physics right.

Iv heard about something similar before but i dont think it was pulled off. If they make it work and it pulls the live date it will definitely add to the experience.

7 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

Hopefully this is the game we have been waiting for. Gts was a horrible game compared to previous games. 

Hopefully it finally can lay some gloves on forza motorsport 

That reminded me of buying gt prologue second hand in game when i was younger not realising it was pretty much a demo, got robbed man 😆

Supposedly the microtransactions in game are wild 😐 Grind for hours or pay up to unlock and enjoy. Might wait this one out to see what happens. Which is shit because i kinda want to splash the 70 bucks on it but the idea of having to pay alot more in game puts me off. 

5 hours ago, Rambo1872 said:

Supposedly the microtransactions in game are wild 😐 Grind for hours or pay up to unlock and enjoy. Might wait this one out to see what happens. Which is shit because i kinda want to splash the 70 bucks on it but the idea of having to pay alot more in game puts me off. 

U really don't need to pay a penny, as with previous GT games we will have more than enough credits to buy everything in the game. 

Really comes down to whether you value your time over money when it comes to grinding. 

The game literally gives u 3 free cars every couple of races so unless their is a very specific car u want no need to waste credits buying cars at all. 

I'm quite enjoying the game and it's way better than GT sport but it's defo not on a par with forza yet and we haven't even seen the new gen forza motorsport 

8 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Really enjoying it so far. I'm not very good but have already got something like 22 cars and I think I've unlocked all the various modes.

Yeah they literally hand out cars every couple of races. 

Finished the single player mode last night. Very disappointed in how short the career was. 

Not one for multi player racing games but will be trying that out tonight once I'm home from work. 

Overall quite enjoyed the game so far

9 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I have the discless ps5 so I have to get it online but I will wait for it to go on sale. 

I usually wait for games to be on sale but hfw and gt7 are a few of the games I wanted to play straight away. That eldon ring tho plus the new final fantasy are games I will wait till they are on sale to play 

6 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

I usually wait for games to be on sale but hfw and gt7 are a few of the games I wanted to play straight away. That eldon ring tho plus the new final fantasy are games I will wait till they are on sale to play 

I hope you're enjoying it mate. 

Honestly don't care how much I want to play a game. Sony can fuck off if they think i'm paying 60-70.

As much as I want to try GT7, by the time it gets a decent discount the next Forza Motorsport will probably be just round the corner, if not already out.

I had, and enjoyed GT3, as much as I was a blasphemous TOCA 2 PS1 kind of guy as a kid.

I know this will sell well, and it has all the marketing behind it, and name of GT behind it to ensure it will sell, but from a consumer point of view, is there really much left to do in racing games other than graphical improvements and new cars to drive?

I get that will sounds totally naïve, but other than to try it to see what it looks like, I don't see myself being really interested in playing it for hours on end. When I think of racing games, it's usually the party style Cart-Racers now that I'd think of, not the hyper-realistic simulation games. Obviously there's an audience and gap for it, but for me, as soon as Forza went open-world, they sort of opened things up a bit wider.

2 hours ago, Marky. said:

I had, and enjoyed GT3, as much as I was a blasphemous TOCA 2 PS1 kind of guy as a kid.

I know this will sell well, and it has all the marketing behind it, and name of GT behind it to ensure it will sell, but from a consumer point of view, is there really much left to do in racing games other than graphical improvements and new cars to drive?

I get that will sounds totally naïve, but other than to try it to see what it looks like, I don't see myself being really interested in playing it for hours on end. When I think of racing games, it's usually the party style Cart-Racers now that I'd think of, not the hyper-realistic simulation games. Obviously there's an audience and gap for it, but for me, as soon as Forza went open-world, they sort of opened things up a bit wider.

Forza horizon was the best thing that happened to the forza games. The whole open world in real life settings is an excellent way to drive about, however there is a big dif between an open world arcade racer and an out and out racing simulation. Thankfully I don't mind either or. 

Your point in bold can be said about pretty much every single sports title available and to a lesser extent almost every 1st party playstation 3ps arpg are pretty much identical bar different skins for each game u fortunately and as much as I enjoy those kind of games they are all pretty generic. 

After a couple of weeks playing all I can say is this game is a big let down. Its unbelievably short and once done with the career/cafe mode their is little to do apart from the same sport races over and over again and collect cars. 

The worst part for me is not being able to sell duplicate cars even though the listing for the game says you can and its way to much of a grind as they are clearly pushing you for microtransactions. One race is 5k credits and takes about 40 mins to complete. 

They even managed to fuck up most of the licences and challenges in last week's update ffs. Overall defo not with the 60 quid for the ps5 version and a game I should have held off on buying. 

Still at least we have final fantasy stranger things or whatever its called