Bring that level to the league

Smile

Just in the past month things would be far different with VAR in the league

The penalties and red cards at Tannadice and the last offside against Morelos cost us 4 points and top spot as well as chalking off their winner at Pittodrie. That's a 6 point swing in the space of a couple of weeks.

Playing parked busses is difficult and not helped by poor officials and oddly enough in our last 4 we have dropped 4 points while playing well and took full points with our poorer performances at StJohnstone and v the sheep

If the players bring the commitment and the fans pump up the atmosphere we will do this

There's only 3 home games left in the league and we need to make sure Ibrox is bouncing in all 3. Tarriers game should look after itself anyway

The away support will be knock it out the park as always

Feeling optimistic

I've always been a pessimistic gimp and assume the worst will happen.

I see the performances in Europe and multiple times I've got an adrenaline rush of confidence that we'll take it into the league and then felt flat at the weekend.

We'll sink or swim as a team in the league with our ability to "continue" the european performances into the domestic matches at the weekends. The concern I always have is "aye but watch us fuck it at the weekend now!"

If we are over that barrier then the league will look after itself.

3 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Agree with this. Scottish teams sit back and frustrate and hope for one or two chances to score per game. 

Many of them consider a draw against us a victory. Some teams even time waste from kick-off FFS. 

Totally different from European clubs who will come at you and actually want to win games and play attacking football. 

The lack of VAR and the terrible standard of officiating affects the Scottish game adversely too. 

We are actually better when playing against teams who are technically better than us. No secret that we struggle against the 1-10-0 formation favoured by our domestic opposition, for teams we come up against in European competition, the notion of spoiling and ultra defence is unthinkable.

7 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We also have to factor in Scottish officials. Last couple of games we've been on the end of some shite calls. 

Next 2 games are crucial. 6 points and we're at minimum level with the taigs. A old firm win also starts to put some doubt into their heads would could be huge.

I know folk don’t “want to sound like tarriers” complaining about officials but if one (or more) of those offside goals last night was allowed that would’ve completely changed the game. Similarly if the penalty wasn’t given.

Take that to the Motherwell game (and say what you want about not losing a 2 goal lead) but if Morelos’ not-offside goal wasn’t chopped off 3-0 has a different complexion to 2-0 and I don’t think Motherwell would’ve come back from that. There’s 3 point right there.

It’s a bit trite but goals change games a correctly or incorrectly given or not given goal can have a massive impact.

4 hours ago, the cry was no said:

Just in the past month things would be far different with VAR in the league

The penalties and red cards at Tannadice and the last offside against Morelos cost us 4 points and top spot as well as chalking off their winner at Pittodrie. That's a 6 point swing in the space of a couple of weeks.

Playing parked busses is difficult and not helped by poor officials and oddly enough in our last 4 we have dropped 4 points while playing well and took full points with our poorer performances at StJohnstone and v the sheep

Completely agree. I don’t know why people can’t see this.

Alongside poor refereeing the style of opponents changes games completely. The tempo in these EL game would never be seen in a game with us in Scottish Football - except maybe against the paedos.

Going from the performance in the games against Dortmund and last night to the results against Scottish teams isn’t down to “not wanting it” or being “shite bags”.

Aye, there have been some games where the levels haven’t been what they were but I think that’s only a small part.

3 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

We are actually better when playing against teams who are technically better than us. No secret that we struggle against the 1-10-0 formation favoured by our domestic opposition, for teams we come up against in European competition, the notion of spoiling and ultra defence is unthinkable.

I think we have technical players who don't get the credit they deserve. Tavs and Kent for example. They are by no means perfect but they thrive on the Euro stage because they are competing at a higher level and can develop their skills against better opposition. They thrive on the challenge.

Total opposite from playing in Scotland where they are chopped in half 6 times a match by brutal teams and refs don't protect them. Sad to say it but Scottish football is falling behind more each season. Players are not protected by the officials and most opposition teams seem set on using physicality and gamesmanship to avoid proper football being played.