Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Never heard it before. 

Tend to just say such folk are lazy cunts just going through the motions 😂

Fair enough! Just gives a bit of variety😂

I’d always thought if it in connection with a press reporter who rang his copy in and got someone else to type it up, not maybe telling the full story, instead of getting back to the office & doing a proper job himself.

A wee look around brought up a use in theatre, where an actor had such a small part, they might as well have phoned it in.

There are probably more uses out there.

Rock bottom after making the CL in the first place against the odds, turning around a 2-0 deficit in the first tie, winning away in Eindhoven in the second against a side who spend far more than we do. 

Fucking hell it's been a bad couple of games but get a grip :lol:

As grim as the circumstances are I feel like the postponing of games followed by the international break has bought GvB some time much like COVID bought Gerrard time following the defeat at home to Hamilton. I like Gio as a person but I don’t see him changing things, I’d probably give him a few more games just to see if he proves me wrong and the performances improve. However like the other poster has just said I fear the board will not consider replacing him until we’re 12 points behind or something and still struggling to beat the pub teams of the league which lets face it is all of them outwith the unwashed.

59 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Rock bottom after making the CL in the first place against the odds, turning around a 2-0 deficit in the first tie, winning away in Eindhoven in the second against a side who spend far more than we do. 

Fucking hell it's been a bad couple of games but get a grip :lol:

You don't seem to get it.

The football we play is bogging, the tactics or lack of is uninspiring as fuck. We are 5 points behind domestically already and suffered a humiliating scudding by them for the second time, the likes we never seen under the previous manager.

After our 1st CL game our manager comes out and tells the world we can't compete and shouldn't be able to win these games (contradicting what you say about PSV). How does he inspire our players to compete when he's gave up?

For the last year and a half our domestic league form is shambolic especially away from home when those cunts haven lost a game since last September. We need change before the leagues done before Halloween both dugout and boardroom.

The players have chucked it, then managers chucked it. It's so fucking obvious

29 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

The football we play is bogging, the tactics or lack of is uninspiring as fuck. We are 5 points behind domestically already and suffered a humiliating scudding by them for the second time, the likes we never seen under the previous manager.

After our 1st CL game our manager comes out and tells the world we can't compete and shouldn't be able to win these games (contradicting what you say about PSV). How does he inspire our players to compete when he's gave up?

For the last year and a half our domestic league form is shambolic especially away from home when those cunts haven lost a game since last September. We need change before the leagues done before Halloween both dugout and boardroom.

Agreed, I’m surprised because I would think GvB would be the ultimate professional however the comments following the Ajax game were bizarre and really disappointing. Makes me think that he potentially could be working his ticket.

18 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

People said the same with Gerrard, and I don't even mean in the lead up to the Covid season that was cancelled - loads of people led by (iirc) @BridgeIsBlue wanted him gone after the 0-0 Livi draw in the August of the 55 season for fuck sake! Wiser people said wait.

He has more than enough in the bank for how we ended last season and the CL qualification to be given more time.

If we had drawn the last two games never mind won them this wouldn't even be a question, so it's a bit disingenuous to then go further back.

I understand the frustration and if there aren't big signs of improvement in the lead up to the WC break then I'll be first in line to call for change, it's not needed this early though.

There's also no guarantee we'll have an excellent list of candidates to replace him.

47 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Agree with first part of the paragraph but what’s with the love in with SG all of a sudden?

He had a good record against them but his cup and league record was abysmal with one exception.

Getting to EL finals and winning cups is the likes we never seen under old manager. Football wasn’t up to much either majority of the time.

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

winning away in Eindhoven in the second against a side who spend far more than we do. 

Gio seems to think this is not possible after just doing it. I can remember Gerard saying the same thing after a lacklustre performance.

45 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Agree with first part of the paragraph but what’s with the love in with SG all of a sudden?

He had a good record against them but his cup and league record was abysmal with one exception.

Getting to EL finals and winning cups is the likes we never seen under old manager. Football wasn’t up to much either majority of the time.

Because it’s Gerrard and everything was rosy, everything was going well and we were fucking incredible.

Also funny that he’s used the last year and a half as a stick to beat GVB with despite him not even being in charge for a year

26 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

It's not a love in, its a fact. We didn't get embarrassed under the last manager like we have been twice under GVB. I don't love Gerrard at all, he's a snake bastard but at least he could set us up to compete and not be scudded by them.

We will never win a league under GVB and that alone should see him go. Some will only accept it when it's far, far too late.

I seem to remember us losing a double treble to them under Gerrard. Losing to relegated Hearts twice and at home to Hamilton Accies. I felt hugely embarrassed then. 

1 minute ago, leam_baw said:

I seem to remember us losing a double treble to them under Gerrard. Losing to relegated Hearts twice and at home to Hamilton Accies. I felt hugely embarrassed then. 

It’s all good though, wasn’t by more than two goals that’s all that matters

28 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

It's not a love in, its a fact. We didn't get embarrassed under the last manager like we have been twice under GVB. I don't love Gerrard at all, he's a snake bastard but at least he could set us up to compete and not be scudded by them.

We will never win a league under GVB and that alone should see him go. Some will only accept it when it's far, far too late.

While I’m absolutely fed up with our style and effort this past year domestically at least, I will say Gerrard during his successful period didn’t go up against this current celtic team they’ve definitely improved in the dug out and on the park and the new approach to games has done wonders for them 

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

We didn’t get embarrassed off them in terms of a result but we did get embarrassed off them in terms of how we couldn’t muster a challenge after January most years.

We also got embarrassed off St Mirren, St Johnstone, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs (he can take blame for that as well) in the cups.

But least he screamed into the camera at parkheed.

3 hours ago, The Godfather said:

This. 

Added to the fact that after 6 games we are 5 points and 17 goals behind them. Closer to 3rd than 1st. 

If anyone thinks this stat is likely to improve in the coming weeks and months under GvB they are deluded in the extreme.

Have no idea who realistically could take over from Gio but have some suggestions based on their managerial record. 

Fatih Terim

Mircea Lucescu

Jochim Lowe

Can’t be taking chances on rookie managers anymore, need someone who has a proven track record of winning as well as experience.

44 minutes ago, The Beast said:

This. 

Added to the fact that after 6 games we are 5 points and 17 goals behind them. Closer to 3rd than 1st. 

If anyone thinks this stat is likely to improve in the coming weeks and months under GvB they are deluded in the extreme.

Anyone thinks this board is going to pay the money to get rid of Gio and his team, pay good money for a replacement along with funds to back him in January is deluded in the extreme.

If they bite the bullet which will no doubt be when we’re at the point of no return in the league, it will be some average manager who’s out work who we replace him with.