Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

To me he is a dead man walking, he may get us some decent and memorable results in Europe, but we will lose the league. We may even do ok against them  in next 3 old firm games, but we won’t humiliate them and I suspect it will end up like last year a win maybe or a draw and loss here and there. We will tho drop points to other teams as our ponderous style won’t kill teams off and our defence can’t keep teams out.

It just feels like I’ve seen this all before and just have that feeling league is gone. He will get the bullet or walk but it will be too late when he does. 

1 hour ago, BlueboyG said:

And there lies the problem, our manager is quiet and a placid type of person, we don't have a Jock Wallace, Sourness or Walter type person on our staff or on the pitch for that matter, do you think Barry Ferguson, Ian Ferguson or John Brown would accept this pish from their team mates.

More’s the pity!

We have been as soft as shite for years now.

3 hours ago, Bears r us said:

It is a concern mate, just have to wait and see, but surely Gio and the players will want to show yesterday was not as bad as it looked. Not saying that with any confidence but in hope at the moment. 

Gios main concern is to get our away performances sorted out. If not he will lose his job.  

5 minutes ago, leam_baw said:

He got us to a European final and CL qualification, so he has credit in the bank. Problem is, league is done, because I don’t see them dropping points and I know we wil. 

They obviously won't win every game

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

They obviously won't win every game

Domestically they lose very few, when was the last time they lost in the league? 

Form and statistics show we will drop farmore points than they will. 

36 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Domestically they lose very few, when was the last time they lost in the league? 

September last year, the last time they lost a league game. 

That shows you we can't afford to drop many points and yet here we are already 5 points behind chasing. 

36 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I don't disagree with this but, and I don't think they will struggle too much with it, they have been playing week to week up until now and that'll dramatically change when they're flying all over Europe, having to kick it up a level and then go to a tough away ground 3 days later. 

That's really our only hope the now tbh. 

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I don't disagree with this but, and I don't think they will struggle too much with it, they have been playing week to week up until now and that'll dramatically change when they're flying all over Europe, having to kick it up a level and then go to a tough away ground 3 days later. 

That's really our only hope the now tbh. 

Where is this tough away ground?

1 hour ago, sausagetrunks said:

Gios main concern is to get our away performances sorted out. If not he will lose his job.  

Yes the league away results have been poor. I still want him to be able to fix it but I am less hopeful than I was at the end of last season. 

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

Yes the league away results have been poor. I still want him to be able to fix it but I am less hopeful than I was at the end of last season. 

so do i mate, i want him to be successful, people at start of season were saying were not fully up to speed etc. then i realised its our style of play. its how were going to play. Gio will not change.  

5 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

so do i mate, i want him to be successful, people at start of season were saying were not fully up to speed etc. then i realised its our style of play. its how were going to play. Gio will not change.  

We would all want him to he successful. 

This setup but he wants isn't working. From what we've seen domestically and from what feyenoord fans said about gio he's too stubborn to change it.

We've seen gio can get results in europe and win a cup. But I seriously doubt he can deliver a league especially with the away record he's got

2022: 6 wins, 5 draws, 2 defeats. 46% win rate. 22 for 19 against (clean sheets 2)

That's not winning titles and that should always be top priority. 

If he falls further behind in the league then tough decisions need to be made here. 

4 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I think you know what I meant. Tough away ground on paper. 

I do know what you meant but as the cunts haven’t lost a league game for around a year then I can’t think of anywhere they will have worries about going whereas are you confident of us doing the business next weekend at pittodrie.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

plastic hardman

Was miles off it yesterday but still by far our best central midfielder.

Davis doesn't have the legs.

Kamara doesn't have the consistency.

Jack doesn't have any fitness.

Said plenty times before yesterday that this squad is built for 2nd and no more.

Backed Gio on here plenty of times especially in regards to his record without celtic domestically. Even with some of our away games I thought there were times we didnt get a bit of luck or something stupid happened like Ross County, Dundee Utd or Hibs.

I actually don't mind the controlling way we play I think it's a lot of what we missed for the first half of last season compared to 20/21 and it's were things went wrong domestically for Gio last season imo (we became too loose). Also the control element helps because we cant fucking defend l, it was the same under Gerrard. Also not advocating how we played yesterday with that ball, that was just dreadful.

However this is now where I want to see games we should be winning become 3 points. I want to see what is being done on the park and, I suppose, the dominance on the ball turn into results.

We've got 10 league games up until the break and aye let's just fucking go win them all but I think the next 4 are extremely important. The two toughest grounds outside of parkhead and Dundee Utd who can be a banana skin. Win them and we're sitting at 80% of wins out of 10, then go from there.  I always think if we have at least an 80% win rate over a season we're doing the very least we can to win the league within the realms of reality - "you can't win them all".

Yesterday was just fucking shite from start to end, top to bottom. What's most disappointing is that it seemed Gio has their number but in fact the same old mistakes came back. We've conceded 8 their in 3 games under him and like 4/5 of the goals are exact replicas. Also for me it's the area where I feel Gio needed the results to really change in the league to go and win the thing. Obviously there is 3 left and we dont play them until January but I'd be a fool right now to say it looks promising.

Long post, I know!

3 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Backed Gio on here plenty of times especially in regards to his record without celtic domestically. Even with some of our away games I thought there were times we didnt get a bit of luck or something stupid happened like Ross County, Dundee Utd or Hibs.

I actually don't mind the controlling way we play I think it's a lot of what we missed for the first half of last season compared to 20/21 and it's were things went wrong domestically for Gio last season imo (we became too loose). Also the control element helps because we cant fucking defend l, it was the same under Gerrard. Also not advocating how we played yesterday with that ball, that was just dreadful.

However this is now where I want to see games we should be winning become 3 points. I want to see what is being done on the park and, I suppose, the dominance on the ball turn into results.

We've got 10 league games up until the break and aye let's just fucking go win them all but I think the next 4 are extremely important. The two toughest grounds outside of parkhead and Dundee Utd who can be a banana skin. Win them and we're sitting at 80% of wins out of 10, then go from there.  I always think if we have at least an 80% win rate over a season we're doing the very least we can to win the league within the realms of reality - "you can't win them all".

Yesterday was just fucking shite from start to end, top to bottom. What's most disappointing is that it seemed Gio has their number but in fact the same old mistakes came back. We've conceded 8 their in 3 games under him and like 4/5 of the goals are exact replicas. Also for me it's the area where I feel Gio needed the results to really change in the league to go and win the thing. Obviously there is 3 left and we dont play them until January but I'd be a fool right now to say it looks promising.

Long post, I know!

Gios never had their number. He's won 1 out of 4 in the league and 2 out of 5 overall.

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Gios never had their number. He's won 1 out of 4 in the league and 2 out of 5 overall.

He hasn't won in the league against them. 

Our only league win against them was under Gerrard last season

Gio league record is 1 draw and 3 losses.

Only beat them in the SC so far. 

12 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Long post, I know!

Can start with turning up in the first half of games.    Or forget it 

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I take you're point. In the four before yesterday we deserved to lose the two, wasnt even close. The second two we deserved to win both though at both points we could have been 2-0 down in both games. Over the 120 minutes and the 90 we were overall the better side. Yesterday we clearly fell backwards.

1 minute ago, the old guard said:

Can start with turning up in the first half of games.    Or forget it 

It's something I do want to see more, especially in the first 15-20 minutes. A bit more energy then if you need to take the foot off the gas then so be it.

9 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

He hasn't won in the league against them. 

Our only league win against them was under Gerrard last season

Gio league record is 1 draw and 3 losses.

Only beat them in the SC so far. 

Even worse then 😔