Colts End Lowland League With A Win

Elfideldo

8 hours ago, ayro said:

Cole McKinnon has scored a few recently, do you think he could be next in line for a 1st team call up, next season.

I definitely think Cole has a chance, but as a player who played at League One level with East Fife last season he really should be playing at a higher level than the Lowland League.

39 minutes ago, Elfideldo said:

I definitely think Cole has a chance, but as a player who played at League One level with East Fife last season he really should be playing at a higher level than the Lowland League.

Do you think it's likely the Colts will be allowed to be promoted from that division at some point down the line?

1 minute ago, toolongawake said:

Do you think it's likely the Colts will be allowed to be promoted from that division at some point down the line?

It'll come eventually but it's still a while away. We don't even count in the final standings this season.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It'll come eventually but it's still a while away. We don't even count in the final standings this season.

That's just ridiculous.

Forfeiting prize money I agree with, but had we won the division, were robbing these kids of the chance to be celebrated as "Champions". 

41 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I know the standings technically don’t count, but it’s great we finished above them - albeit on goal difference. Great to get the better of them in any competition at any age group, women’s etc. 

1 hour ago, Elfideldo said:

Didn’t know he was at East Fife, played 9 games maybe a loan too soon for the level.

He turned 19 in January so unless a late developer you would want to see him at Championship level minimum, Partick or Inverness someone who there is a pressure to perform.

I know the overall standard of this league isn't great and there's a big gulf between the top 5 teams and the rest, but at least the young lads have experienced playing in a meaningful competition for the full season against different styles of teams. The players who stood out will no doubt get loans next season and that will leave the rest to test themselves at this level again. Every team who has been promoted from the lowland or Highland league has walked division 2 so the step up to division 2 isn't much better. 

1 hour ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I know the overall standard of this league isn't great and there's a big gulf between the top 5 teams and the rest, but at least the young lads have experienced playing in a meaningful competition for the full season against different styles of teams. The players who stood out will no doubt get loans next season and that will leave the rest to test themselves at this level again. Every team who has been promoted from the lowland or Highland league has walked division 2 so the step up to division 2 isn't much better. 

i was at the bonnyrigg v fraserburgh  play off yesterday will be interesting to see if bonnyrigg get through which i think they will can they beat cowdenbeath and relagate another of the duff teams out of league 2    the last time i was at bonnyrigg was when the b team played them off the park and won 5 2  in a game were they could have scored 8  

Well done to the B team finishing second on their first go in the league against more experienced players is very impressive.   I wonder how many will be in the B team next season, surely if they don't get promoted to the first team squad, then a loan to a team higher up the ladder makes sense.  Then we start again with a new team promoted from the under 18s to play in this competition.