Recruitment

31 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Canny wait for the "need to get x points from x games" games threads to start tbh.

And the "just focus on the next game/one game at a time" ones. As if a few fans on a forum thinking of the upcoming fixtures will lead to the first team becoming complacent.

On 30/06/2022 at 17:38, Bears r us said:

I don't think we need to panic just yet about no signings for the first team apart from Souter, but the post from @STEPPS BOYabout the Club putting out info via people they use to tell us things we probably don't want to hear, the financial situation is certainly concerning after getting to the EUROPA final and winning the Scottish Cup.

This is what I was wondering, when should we start to? 1st July, would have liked them to have at least two weeks training in with the squad and a decent friendly or two under the belt before the competitive stuff starts, so not long.

10 minutes ago, CR3 said:

This is what I was wondering, when should we start to? 1st July, would have liked them to have at least two weeks training in with the squad and a decent friendly or two under the belt before the competitive stuff starts, so not long.

I honestly don't know mate, I think I am trying so go with the 'it is only early July' opinion which it is, but I would have loved to have had much more done by now. 

We have the problem of so many top players out of contract in 2023 and we surely have to try and either get them on new deals or get as much as we can this summer. I know someone has to want to sign them, but it is becoming concerning how that side of the transfer season is going to work out as much as new players coming in. I am sure we need some out before we can get many in. 

3 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

Flip things around the idiots at my work are creaming themselves with their transfers so far claiming it's looking like being their best transfer window for as long as they can remember. I don't know the names but apparently they have a defensive midfielder coming in and will spend almost all their CL cash to ensure the title. On too of that they are moaning like fuck that the season starts in 4 weeks and they are slow getting players in. Make of that what u like but personally I'm a little bit concerned that we will line up with the same team as last season, lose valuable assets for free and the players we bring in will be nothing more than squad fillers 

They’ll have spent around 50 million since last summer come August. We really need to get our finger out!

Just now, RFC55 said:

They won’t have 

Pretty sure they spend over 20 million last summer, they’ve spent 16/17m already. They also brought in players and spent good money in January. Plus they’ll bring in another 3-4 players this window. 

10 minutes ago, leam_baw said:

Pretty sure they spend over 20 million last summer, they’ve spent 16/17m already. They also brought in players and spent good money in January. Plus they’ll bring in another 3-4 players this window. 

If it's the tims your going on about, they haven't brought anyone in to enhance last seasons squad. They've probably spend most of ECL already on 2 players they already had and a hot headed LB that will get booked for fun in this country.

Us on the other hand have a solid defence Katic and Soutar joining the ranks time still there to buy a few attackers calm down everyone  ffs!!

6 hours ago, leam_baw said:

We have a bloated squad. Count the numbers. We extended contracts of players who should never have been extended. Said it a month ago, there won’t be too much business in or out. Positive is that I think we will keep Morelos and Kent who will see their contracts out. 

That wouldnt be a positive it would be a fucking disaster

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

That wouldnt be a positive it would be a fucking disaster

Not if this squad gets us champions league football and the 40m that comes with it. I think we will get there. CL football will be a game changer longer term 

4 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

Flip things around the idiots at my work are creaming themselves with their transfers so far claiming it's looking like being their best transfer window for as long as they can remember. I don't know the names but apparently they have a defensive midfielder coming in and will spend almost all their CL cash to ensure the title. On too of that they are moaning like fuck that the season starts in 4 weeks and they are slow getting players in. Make of that what u like but personally I'm a little bit concerned that we will line up with the same team as last season, lose valuable assets for free and the players we bring in will be nothing more than squad fillers 

They’ve bought 2 players that they already had last season so doesn’t really strengthen them and uses up funds 

Just now, leam_baw said:

Not if this squad gets us champions league football and the 40m that comes with it. I think we will get there. CL football will be a game changer longer term 

Even if we made £40m we would be losing about £30m worth of assets for free, Kent and Morelos leaving on a free in the same window would be an absolute disaster 

1 hour ago, leam_baw said:

They got over 30 for the guy that celebrated a tackle at 4 1 down and the worlds best under 21 striker who quit under21 at 23

1 hour ago, Orange and Blue said:

If it's the tims your going on about, they haven't brought anyone in to enhance last seasons squad. They've probably spend most of ECL already on 2 players they already had and a hot headed LB that will get booked for fun in this country.

Us on the other hand have a solid defence Katic and Soutar joining the ranks time still there to buy a few attackers calm down everyone  ffs!!

Fuck up man :lol: