Players Who Played For Us Discussion Thread.

Just realised Joey Garner plays for Brown down at Fleetwood, I know pros often end up at the same club but I don't know how you could give your all to someone like him when he had so much animosity towards you and your club.

That isn't a dig at Brown btw, I'm fine with how much he hated us, the feeling from the stands was mutual, I just wish we had players who held them with the same content.

Lundstrum is the closest thing I've seen to Ian Ferguson in that regard.

29 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Just realised Joey Garner plays for Brown down at Fleetwood, I know pros often end up at the same club but I don't know how you could give your all to someone like him when he had so much animosity towards you and your club.

That isn't a dig at Brown btw, I'm fine with how much he hated us, the feeling from the stands was mutual, I just wish we had players who held them with the same content.

I doubt Garner cares at all

3 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

Why would that bother Garner

4 hours ago, GetToTheChoppa said:

Livescore lineups had him centre back with Daley Blind left back.

Was that the case ?

"The Nigerian defender was class, composure, and quality personified in his first-ever game in the Dutch top flight

A section of the Ajax fanbase has showered praises on Calvin Bassey following the Super Eagles left-back’s brilliant debut in the Eredivisie on Sunday.

Bassey finally featured in his first Eredivisie match since joining Ajax, playing from start to finish in the narrow 1-0 win at Sparta Rotterdam.

The Nigerian defender had missed the champions’ first two league games due to suspension.

It would be recalled that Bassey was red-carded in the Johan Cruyff Shield defeat to rivals PSV Eindhoven, minutes into his competitive now for Ajax.

But Ajax manager Alfred Schreuder threw Bassey right back into the mix of things at the Sparta-Stadion Het Kasteel in Rotterdam, starting the youngster at centre-back. At the same time, ex-Manchester United man Daley Blind moved to left-back."

Would appear so and apparently played well!

14 hours ago, ice said:

Seen Paterson got motm today for Everton. 

He got the BBC MotM. Most Everton fans have been slating him. 

Had a real mixed bag. Got caught out early on with a ball over the top that Brentford should have scored from. Nearly assisted Tarkowski. Then had an absolute shocker ducking under a long ball with Toney hitting the post.

Everton are in a really bad way, they look like the worst team in the league at the moment. Brentford hit the post 3 times and missed another couple of clear cut chances. 

12 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He got the BBC MotM. Most Everton fans have been slating him. 

Had a real mixed bag. Got caught out early on with a ball over the top that Brentford should have scored from. Nearly assisted Tarkowski. Then had an absolute shocker ducking under a long ball with Toney hitting the post.

Everton are in a really bad way, they look like the worst team in the league at the moment. Brentford hit the post 3 times and missed another couple of clear cut chances. 

Their fans on Twotter love him from what I’ve seen tbh.