Hot Headed Morelos

Blue Viking

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Or his red cards, or his fucking off in 2012 for a big wedge of cash? 

I'm no massive fan of McGregor either. I don't like what I observe of his interactions with others, blaming, performing to the crowd to distance himself from blame, walking away in 2012, acting like a bell end with Ferguson. But he has largely redeemed it with his consistency of performance.

Morelos' indiscretions are worse, more frequent and he's not repayed it or showed contrition.

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Red cards happen. Can only really recall one moment of madness and that was booting a Hibs player in the back.

I don’t need to list Morleos long list of reds, multiple times being called out in public by our own managers or dropped from squads for attitude, fitness or returning late etc.

Like I said, can’t grudge anyone for getting the best contract they can. That’s not a stick to beat either with now.

And ultimately if it comes down to it, McGregor can say ‘have a look at my medals’ and most can be forgiven. Morelos isn’t at that point sadly.

Can certainly grudge someone walking away from a contract with us - maybe he'll finally tell the full story he regularly teased on twitter while pished.

At the same stage of their careers (age 26), McGregor was finally breaking into the Rangers first-team while Morelos was already the club's record European gooalscorer.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Can certainly grudge someone walking away from a contract with us - maybe he'll finally tell the full story he regularly teased on twitter while pished.

At the same stage of their careers (age 26), McGregor was finally breaking into the Rangers first-team while Morelos was already the club's record European gooalscorer.

Morelos won't be playing top level football at 33, let alone 40.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Scoring more goals in Europe than literally anyone else that has played for the club isn't repaying it? Away and not talk utter drivel.

On that metric he has performed well. On others he has performed as bad, if not worse, than anybody I can even think of as I type.

Football is a team sport. Selfish,  self centred, ill disciplined attitudes are corrosive in a team environment.

For every goal he scores, he also takes something away from the whole side with his list of faults.

Just now, The Dude said:

What's Friday's Euromillions numbers?

If he's playing for the might of Hull City in the championship at 33, he's on track with McGregor.

A look at the nick he's in pyshically, the length of time it takes for recover from injury/pre season and the example of every other similarly ill disciplined player in history is all you need to predict that.

Just now, DiamondDan said:

On that metric he has performed well. On others he has performed as bad, if not worse, than anybody I can even think of as I type.

Football is a team sport. Selfish,  self centred, ill disciplined attitudes are corrosive in a team environment.

For every goal he scores, he also takes something away from the whole side with his list of faults.

I'd like to hear these. Only one I  can think of would be the number of reds he's had - although once you take away the ones overturned, he sits on a par with everyones favourite 'fucking protestant' Ryan Jack.

Just now, DiamondDan said:

A look at the nick he's in pyshically, the length of time it takes for recover from injury/pre season and the example of every other similarly ill disciplined player in history is all you need to predict that.

If he's doing what's he's doing in Europe in the 'nick he's in pyhsically' just now why can't he still be playing top level football at 33? Especially if we're considering the Scottish Premiership at 'top level' football

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Can’t really be arsed arguing with you anymore about this.

It’s very tedious, and you constantly steer away from the point. Rather than address Morleos issues, it’s ‘aye but what about what this guy did in 2012’. Like listening to Clyde 1 football phone in.

I’ll end on this, do you think Morleos should have had a second booking last night? And what would the reaction have been like had the ref done his job properly? 

Morelos is another one who has all the footballing ability we need. He has demonstrated it time and time again. Our all time scorer in European competition.....He can be a magnificent player and really comes alive in Europe and that is what the fans crave. But I think the reality is that he is just a bit stupid. Like, dumb as fuck.

He has been here 5 years and barely speaks English, that is a pretty impressive level of ignorance either wilful or otherwise

He is completely lacking in professionalism and we have had 5 years of problems with him not just one or two. The shirt pull last night while on a yellow is just absolutely stupidity... he has multiple examples of such idiocy, at his age it is not inexperience, its just flat out lack of intelligence

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Can’t really be arsed arguing with you anymore about this.

It’s very tedious, and you constantly steer away from the point. Rather than address Morleos issues, it’s ‘aye but what about what this guy did in 2012’. Like listening to Clyde 1 football phone in.

I’ll end on this, do you think Morleos should have had a second booking last night? And what would the reaction have been like had the ref done his job properly? 

No. If the ref had done his job properly the game would have been stopped moments earlier for the push by a Napoli player on Lundstram that sent him into Tavernier and left both on the ground.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

No. If the ref had done his job properly the game would have been stopped moments earlier for the push by a Napoli player on Lundstram that sent him into Tavernier and left both on the ground.

Again, completely avoiding it. Nicely done. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Again, completely avoiding it. Nicely done. 

Not completely avoiding it. You asked what if the ref had done his job properly. I explained what would have happened if the ref had done his job properly. There were two Rangers pplayers down after a foul by a napoli player - one of which had a head knock - and the referee opted to contine the game.

It's just that you don't like the answer given.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not completely avoiding it. You asked what if the ref had done his job properly. I explained what would have happened if the ref had done his job properly. There were two Rangers pplayers down after a foul by a napoli player - one of which had a head knock - and the referee opted to contine the game.

It's just that you don't like the answer given.

When the ball was in play, did Morelos pull back their player (which is a clear yellow), while already on a yellow?

We all know the answer, so no need to respond. Fuck knows why you’re avoiding it. 

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

When the ball was in play, did Morelos pull back their player (which is a clear yellow), while already on a yellow?

We all know the answer, so no need to respond. Fuck knows why you’re avoiding it. 

He did pull him back. It's not a clear yellow though.

As I said last night, he actually did the ref a favour as it gave him an excuse to stop the game after making a cunt of it with the push on Lundstram and him and Tav then being down.

image.thumb.png.e625ed617736ef6fd2d7a642294af86f.pngimage.thumb.png.67d01c7b322b312a1468f10c9391e49e.png

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He did pull him back. It's not a clear yellow though.

As I said last night, he actually did the ref a favour as it gave him an excuse to stop the game after making a cunt of it with the push on Lundstram and him and Tav then being down.

image.thumb.png.e625ed617736ef6fd2d7a642294af86f.pngimage.thumb.png.67d01c7b322b312a1468f10c9391e49e.png

:lol: shut up man. 

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Lundstram was down with a head knock after colliding with Tav and the ref should have stopped the game there, had he done his job properly. Funny how you're avoiding that.

The pull by Morelos wasn't a 'clear yellow'.

Anything else?

Doesn’t matter if the ref made a cunt of it in an earlier incident, hot head Alfie just couldn’t help himself and should have had a second yellow.

Can Google the laws of the game as much as you like, it was a second yellow.

No, that’s plenty from you today.