Hot Headed Morelos

Blue Viking

2 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Mental how desperate some folk are to love this guy 

He did the square root of fuck all last night just sauntering about looking like he’d get stripped in a foot race by Helander 

Ah Ken mate imagine us wanting a player to get his mojo back. Mental crazy 

I now know why he's called The Buffalo, it's his touch isn't it :hmmm: If he goes this season I doubt we'll miss him if Colak is available, I wish it wasn't like this but he's never a 30 goal (league)season forward, sometimes I think we bought an imposter then he gets the winner and all is saved. (Doesn't take into account the 5 easy ones he missed) If you look at his Stats they're plummeting like a lead balloon.

I don't know the answer but I doubt if perseverance is one of them. Hindsight is a great thing, should have sold him when we had the chance, probably better move for him and the Club.  

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'd honestly rather play Ure, Sakala, or Stevie the IT guy up front than him.

We're paying a wage and getting nothing in return. Worse, it's like a man down.

Move him on in Jan, take any offer we can get and get him off the wage bill. If not, let him rot in the reserves til his contract expires.

He's fucking about off the field, his priority seems to not get involved / injured on the field, I've honestly had enough of it.

Such a waste but old Alfie is gone.

He’s not going enough, but he did score the winner in our last home game….

9 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

He’s not going enough, but he did score the winner in our last home game….

Mate I could have scored that and contributed as much that game.

He's generating next to nothing himself, he's not puting himself about, he's not commiting the way needed.

If we want a man down that will let others graft then he knocks it into a net from 6 yards out then yeah he's probably the man for it.

His turn and shot last night apart, he was fucking abysmal. 

23 minutes ago, Broxi said:

He's playing up front for Rangers, he will get the odd goal and be involved in the odd assist, anybody would be. It means very little, he's still nowhere near good enough and no where near fit enough. And other than a small patch when Gio took over, and another small patch somewhere else, he's been playing like this for 3 years now. He is a lost cause and the Morelos era is over, we simply must move on from him. 

Sooner he’s gone the better take what we can in January if anybody is daft enough to offer anything and get another striker in even if it’s a loan till end of the season. 

4 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

I thought he was fucking dreadful last night.  Put into context, Arfield got himself into space for four shots on goal, scored twice and their goalie had a good save on the very first one.  Arfield is 34 years old and never been a centre forward as far as I know, and was on for what, half an hour ?

Seen like this it's concerning yes..

32 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Sooner he’s gone the better take what we can in January if anybody is daft enough to offer anything and get another striker in even if it’s a loan till end of the season. 

Nobody is paying a transfer fee for him

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Mate I could have scored that and contributed as much that game.

He's generating next to nothing himself, he's not puting himself about, he's not commiting the way needed.

If we want a man down that will let others graft then he knocks it into a net from 6 yards out then yeah he's probably the man for it.

His turn and shot last night apart, he was fucking abysmal. 

Turn was good, but once in that position he has to bury it as well. 

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

He's playing up front for Rangers, he will get the odd goal and be involved in the odd assist, anybody would be. It means very little, he's still nowhere near good enough and no where near fit enough. And other than a small patch when Gio took over, and another small patch somewhere else, he's been playing like this for 3 years now. He is a lost cause and the Morelos era is over, we simply must move on from him. 

Theres a few others just like this, their time is up, we need a fucking clearout

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Turn was good, but once in that position he has to bury it as well. 

It was instinctive in a very quick piece of play. I'm not even sure he'd the chance to look to see where to slot it, he got shot away on target so I'll not criticise his effort there tbh.

The issue with morelos, like others in the team, is that people remember wee purple patches for us and think "thats the real player" when in reality their good form was going against the norm (in morelos case its more his head being screwed on and him being down to earth) 

When you look at our squad overall (the long serving players) they have been wildly inconsistent with mostly being below par instead of above par in their performances 

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The issue with morelos, like others in the team, is that people remember wee purple patches for us and think "thats the real player" when in reality their good form was going against the norm (in morelos case its more his head being screwed on and him being down to earth) 

When you look at our squad overall (the long serving players) they have been wildly inconsistent with mostly being below par instead of above par in their performances 

Yep, what we need is a consistent 7or8 out of 10 level from players, not once every 6wks. 

Does anybody think that he will improve with age, be leaner, faster, fitter and take his chances?

I personally think we’ve had the best he was gonna be, but you never know, I just can’t see it.

The contract would be a ridiculous amount for imho a declining asset.